Author Topic: Original Kadet gun  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Redhemi

Original Kadet gun
« on: May 14, 2023, 12:44:13 AM »
I just picked up an original Kadet today and can't wait to shoot it and compair it to my Kadet 2 kit. I got it from the original owner. It came with five mags, extra grips and originals, two sets of sights, original plastic case and cardboard box. I just spent the last couple of hours cleaning, polishing a few parts and changed a couple of springs.

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: Original Kadet gun
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 02:20:56 AM »
Nice!
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline schutz85C

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 02:52:09 AM »
Are the mags the same as the kadet2 kit's?
CZ 85 Combat, NRA Lifer.

Offline Lock-n-load

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 10:40:37 AM »
Lookin good!

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 11:34:07 AM »
Are the mags the same as the kadet2 kit's?

Yes, they are the metal ones. And thank you AZ_CZ and Lock-N-load.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 08:47:46 PM »
Sweet!
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 09:51:34 PM »
Thank you cntrydawwwg. Well I got it to the range today and I was a little disappointed. It did function flawlessly with no malfunctions with the 100 rounds I put through it but I was all over the target. I had a hard time keeping a decent grouping even at 25'. I will give two possible reasons (excuses) one is I'm not used to the sights that were on it so I need a little more time with them. Number two is I absolutely can't stand "The Hook" trigger it has. A few more rounds down the range and I'll get used to those sights but I'm going to have to put a 85 trigger on it. I know these guns are not Bullseye shooters and yeah it's a 22 but I would like to get under a 6" spread. Over all though I had fun shooting it and am looking forward to a lot of more rounds going through it.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2023, 09:57:46 PM »
Welllllllll on the Bullseye remark, watch some of JoeL’s videos. He’s a bullseye shooter  using a Kadet.  You’ll get the hang of it, switch the trigger and make it yer own.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2023, 10:03:45 PM »
Great find!  Now that you have a dedicated CZ .22LR pistol.  Looking forward to your range report  :)

Offline Lock-n-load

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2023, 10:06:32 PM »
I put a sao trigger and competition hammer .world of differance. And Cz custom low profile sights ,the right sights help too

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 12:43:55 PM »
Welllllllll on the Bullseye remark, watch some of JoeL’s videos. He’s a bullseye shooter  using a Kadet.  You’ll get the hang of it, switch the trigger and make it yer own.

I'm sure he had a well built and tuned Kadet and used better ammo than the Federal bulk I shoot. The trigger is the first thing I will be changing.

I put a sao trigger and competition hammer .world of differance. And Cz custom low profile sights ,the right sights help too

I actually have a SP01 Kadet on my Tac Sport and love shooting it. It is very accurate even with the cheap ammo I use. I'll probably change the hammer when I change the trigger. I do like the sights that are on it I just have to get used to them. They are nonadjustable and I like adjustable because I like to shoot at 6 o'clock.

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 03:21:02 PM »
Well I had a little time to kill before work so with a spare single action trigger and a comp hammer I had sitting in my parts box I switched them out and already like the feel of the trigger. Hopefully I'll get to the range this weekend and give it another 100 round test.

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2023, 08:36:43 PM »
Just got back from the range and all went well. With the trigger and hammer change and some parts polishing it made a difference in how the Kadet preformed today. Ok just to clarify I mostly shoot at a indoor range so I only go from 20 to 40 feet with my targets. Well that and being 65 with bad eyes that's about the farthest I shoot. I did narrow it down from a six-inch grouping with an occasional flyer to a three-inch grouping with an occasional flyer. If I really concentrated I could get it even a little smaller but to be honest I really just enjoy shooting the 22 for fun so shooting a small grouping is not always necessary. With the improvements it has really become a fun and enjoyable shooter and I'm looking forward to many more rounds going downrange.

anything