Author Topic: Shadow2 front sight glow bar missing!  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Zanotti

Shadow2 front sight glow bar missing!
« on: April 06, 2024, 05:08:59 PM »
I was cleaning my gun today and noticed that the little orange glow bar inside the front sight is missing.  Must have come out in use - I have the OR and a Holosun 570 Comp, so I do not use it.

Now what?  Replace (how and where) or just remove the front sight entirely (also how, and do you replace the pin?  Is the pin push out or threaded.)

Ever notice the instruction manual shows the sight but not what or how the pieces are arranged?

Might this even be a warranty item?  The gun is only 4 months old with light use.  I looked in the case and there are no replacement sticks in there - where would you buy them and what are they called?

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Shadow2 front sight glow bar missing!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 05:51:37 PM »
It’s fiber optic rod, and is considered a wear item. You can buy a length of it that will last for several replacement cycles.

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 12:01:13 PM »
It’s fiber optic rod, and is considered a wear item. You can buy a length of it that will last for several replacement cycles.

Yes it can be replaced but there are different sizes in the thickness of it. The OP needs to find out the thickness and order the right size.

Offline sil7z

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2024, 02:03:59 PM »
Shadow 2 generally has a 1mm diameter fiberoptic rod in the front sight.

How to change it ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcTLlUi2Sxw

Offline Zanotti

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 07:09:55 AM »
Thanks guys, that looks super easy.  I ordered some new fiber optic rod from Amazon and will reinstall today!

Offline hiketheball

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2024, 12:03:04 PM »
Yes it can be replaced but there are different sizes in the thickness of it. The OP needs to find out the thickness and order the right size.
[/quote]

The original CZ fiber is 1mm or, roughly, 0.040 inches
CZ-Parts.com sells a CZ front site that is 1.5mm (~0.060 inches).  CZ Customs may also.
Dawson Precision sells fiber sticks in red and green in both sizes.
The fiber is easily replaced.  Brownell's has a very good & short video on replacing.  Easy to do on the range, if necessary.
I use the 1.5mm front sight with green fiber and have a gunsmith swap the sights for me.  Sight replacement is an end-user task.
HTH