Author Topic: POST your review of your CZUB Firearm!  (Read 3503 times)

CZ75ID

POST your review of your CZUB Firearm!
« on: May 16, 2001, 04:43:17 AM »
looking forward to information and fotos of czs!

Zander223

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2001, 08:07:16 PM »
...and let me know what feedback you have. Thanks!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 07:50:19 AM »
Well, I have only fired 80 rounds through it, but my new 75compact 9mm was reliable with the the twenty Hydra-Shoks that went through it, and  accurate, puching a 10 round, 1.5" group at 7 yards in a two hand hold, dead centered on the bull. It doesn't like Win-clean much, but loves SB range ammo, as well as the Geco stuff. Working at a range gives me access to much testing ammo, and the work will go on today. Only problem I have is it won't drop mags free when they are empty, with all three mags I've tried. I am thinking of taking it to our gunsmith, but hate spending money on something I ought to be able to fix!
   Regardless, I am very happy with this gun, and will buy more CZ's in the future.

Offline Bradster

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2001, 11:05:29 AM »
i believe there is a simple modification to make the mags drop free-perhaps someone will repost the info.

Offline Bandit

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2001, 04:35:34 PM »
Once you remove the grips you will see a thin metal brake that runs the length of the magwell in front of the hammer strut and spring (nestled inside the backstrap).You can either remove it and straighten the slight bend in it to make it flat or leave it out entirely.

Rick

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2001, 08:32:27 AM »
Bandit, is this a saftey mechansim added by CZ, or an incedental thing? Thnks for the info, and I'll see what I can do.

Offline JUNGLE MAN MOD

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2001, 09:57:13 AM »
It's the mag. brake. Best to straighten it out. If left out it could cause you mags to hang up.

CZ75ID

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2001, 06:27:10 PM »
lol i know that is what CZ-USA says..and i Could hapen,but people i know in SA and all around the world with CZs have
never told me it Has happened.

Say a your mag dropped durring a scuffle and you had to pick it up and use it.

i'd be wanting the "brakeless" CZ75 if i had to i sert or then eject that dusty mag. Besides, the part rattles.

anything