Author Topic: CZ 75 B SA / MecGar Mags  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Spazz

CZ 75 B SA / MecGar Mags
« on: December 10, 2001, 11:55:51 PM »
Well, I just got back from the range with my brand new 75 B SA.

I LOVE THIS PISTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shot 150 rounds through her with only one FTE or "double load". I had one Fail to Feed, but that was the fault of the Mag.  The double load may be due to the crappy ammo (CCI Blazer).  The aluminum shell looked a little bulged after I got it out of the chamber.

Anyway, the gun is solid and is accurate, though the factory sights shoot left (just like the factory test target shows) and slightly low.  To hit the X I had to hold on 2 o'clock (1:30 actually) on the edge of the black at 12 yards.  Luckily I have a set of MecGar adjustable sights I am going to put on it.  By the end of the session I was easily grouping in the black at 7 and 12 yards...and "respectably" at 25 ;-).  As i said in earlier posts, I'm no pistol marksman...but maybe someday.  Regardless I shoot this gun better than any other 9mm I have ever shot.

The SA trigger is sweet, the only disadvantage (for some) would be the lack of "cocked and locked" carry option.  This isn't an issue for me, as I won't carry it for defense (I'm in Kali).  This is stricly a range gun for me, and hopefuly will allow me to try some of the pistol games.  Once I got used to the trigger, it felt a lot like some match grade two stage rifle triggers I have shot.  I could take up the slack then squeeze until the FP safety block rose and ever so slight;y clicked. (it's cool, if you look closely at the hammer group you can see the sliver of metal move up), from there it's one last gander at the target then just think *squeeze* and the bullet hits the black.

The factory Mags performed flawlessly and easily loaded 10 rounds.  The MecGar mags that I bought as "factory" from CDNN seem stiff and they don't feed well into the gun without a little bit of coaxing.  Hopefully they will loosen up over time.  My only fail-to feed was with one of the MecGar Mags...the gun extracted fine but the top shell (there were three in it at the time) just didn't get pushed up far enough by the follower).

This is a hell of a gun...i can't wait to run many thousands of rounds through it!  I'll add more pics when my care package from Norway gets here ;-)

-Spazz

Offline JUNGLE MAN MOD

CZ 75 B SA / MecGar Mags
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2001, 06:37:13 AM »
Nice review. The SA's are very accurate from the box. What do you estimate the trigger pull to be? Thanks

Unregistered(d)

CZ 75 B SA / MecGar Mags
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2001, 01:17:40 PM »
For what it's worth:  auto pistol springs and extractors are "timed" to cycle correctly.  To do that, a certain rate (and amount) of expansion for the case of the ammo must occur.  Cycling problems are common (or at least, more common) in steel case ammo.  I have never heard of aluminum casings, but the same reasoning would apply too.  The typical failure mode is FTE (failure to extract).  Steel swells and then does not "return" as far as brass and will be too tight in the barrel.  I don't know what aluminum does, but I know it doesn't match brass.

rblack

CZ 75 B SA / MecGar Mags
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2001, 02:15:27 PM »
spazz,

Sounds like a real nice pistol, but I thought that the only way to carry a sa pistol was cocked and locked, like a 1911 .  Does this mean that to carry this piece you would have to cock it to fire if you already had one in the tube?

CZ75ID

CZ 75 B SA / MecGar Mags
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2001, 04:17:07 PM »
HEyy, your Hakan Grips should be to you any day. They took 4 days for me.
Rblack..the pistol, would be in Condition One..cocked with the safety on..
loaded chamber.

The hammer would be cocked and you would only have to release the safety
and press the trigger to fire.

OK, because we have a few left handed shooters here. I'll opt for the ambi design.
Who would buy a CZ85 in SA .40 caliber ? Nickle or tu-tone with fixed
factory nites? No firing in safety if possible.

The only reason i have .40s is that they can be converted to  .357 SIGs:)

rblack

CZ 75 B SA / MecGar Mags
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2001, 05:17:51 PM »
CZ75ID

Yes I understand that, but he said the lack of cocked and locked carry option which is why I was questioning that statement.

Maybe my wording seemed a little confusing.

Offline Spazz

CZ 75 B SA / MecGar Mags
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2001, 06:23:29 PM »
My mistake...My hand was slapped by a few 1911 faithfuls for my incorrect usage of the termed cocked and locked...I meant no "hammer down" ready for DA first shot.  I was confused about the term.

Anyway, you CAN carry it cocked and locked...which is cool.

Hakan's are airborne as we speak...whoo hoo!

-Spazz

anything