Author Topic: CZ 452 Youth/Scout .22 LR Reviews  (Read 9298 times)

DOC-Ken-5

CZ 452 Youth/Scout .22 LR Reviews
« on: February 20, 2002, 07:11:17 PM »
I originally posted this else where, but thought that it was more appropriate here. Sorry for the repeat.

Here is the review, you really need to read this before buying:

www.graybeardoutdoors.com...w-15.shtml

I personally went through a serious anaylisis on deciding on a rifle for my 10 yoa girl who is a skinny little thing. I looked at EVERYTHING not just CZ. I ended up buying her the CZ -452 Scout Youth model (we are currently awaiting it's arrival.) It starts out as a single shot with the block in place of the clip.This way you can control the ammo feeding with them at first. It does use the same magazines as the full size CZ-452's so can be turned to a repeater by a simple click & snap in of a new 5/10 rnd magazine. this is especially nice if dad is still controlling the ammo & loading. It is a full size action on a much shorter & lighter stock & barrel.

It is slightly bigger & slightly heavier as the Chipmonks/Crickets (about the same as the Marlin) but it can be a repeater, it is not as quickly out grown, the action is MUCH easier to work & load, I like the safety much better also, it is a proven design, I feel & have heard that it is it will be more accurate; I will let you know when we get it. It is also set up for a scope when the child is ready.

Looking at the Chipmonks/Crickets action, I also think that the cocking mechanism is slow, cumbersome, and even dangerous to for a small childs hands. I think that it can be dangerous to them or you even more when UNCOCKING it! JMHO

I bought my CZ Scout for $139.99 from Impact guns; they are on sale there I have never seen them cheaper anywhere. (I also had to mention the internet ad as it was cheaper than in their store...no problem.) The add even says that they also come with an additional 5 rnd mag. Pretty hard to beat!

If you call them, tell them Ken Harrison sent you.

www.impactguns.com
www.impactguns.com/store/czhandgun.html

Scroll to the bottom.

www.impactguns.com/store/...rifle.html

"CZ: You can pay more, you can pay less....but you can't buy more for less."

Ken

P.S. NO I do not work for CZ or Impact, (I should I guess {chuckle}) I just loooove CZ'z (obviously) & I have found Impact guns nice to deal with & CHEAP!

cztops

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 12:18:02 AM »
Having read your review and greybeards review, and looked at Impact Guns, I am also getting a Youth model for my daughters.

$139.99 is the lowest I have seen. CZConnection is still at $189 though it may be less if I emailed him. I see J&G's in Shotgun news has the Youth listed for $149.99.

Have you and your daughter had a chance to shoot her Youth yet?

cztops

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2002, 09:16:26 PM »
Just to let you know, CZ452 Youth is backordered at Impact Guns. After my order was in for 14 days and I didn't hear anything, I sent them an email which generated an automatic response saying they are swamped with orders and it will take 2-3 days to respond. Seven days later after no further response, I called them. They told me the CZ is backordered and they have talked to CZ-USA but don't know when they will receive any. :(  I asked why I wasn't notified by email as my ordered said I would. They said they sent out an email the day before. I never received it.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 12:48:17 PM »
Hello,
my name is Gus.  I am also interested in this rifle for my two little girls.  Have you had a chance to shoot the rifle and how does it shoot?  Any other advise?  Thanks, Gus

Offline Fred Flinstone

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 06:42:27 PM »
Having read various post on this site & others in the past: the scout is well made for youths(very well proportioned) yet some adults use them as well. Some trappers use these as a spare rifle.

anything