Author Topic: USPSA Nationals..  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Stuart

USPSA Nationals..
« on: July 17, 2005, 07:30:15 PM »
Angus...

how is nationals going??? How are you and Matt, Todd doing..

thanks for any updates...

Unregistered(d)

USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 05:28:40 AM »
Unofficial Finals.
Angus 2nd.
Matt   3rd.

Offline jkushner1

USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 04:11:10 PM »
Seveigny first ??

I like Dave
Just wish his gun was made of steel.:hat

Offline jkushner1

USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 04:23:49 PM »
As impossible as it sounds, apparently he had some equipment problems and Matt a strong second, but I wasnt there. Anyone who was ?. By the way, were the boys able to shoot the SP01's or were they shooting 75/85's ?. Olhasso, who I shoot with alot, was 5th - I can tell you he is fast with his Beretta's
TY
Jon
:eek >: 8)

Offline jkushner1

USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 09:01:51 AM »
Anyone know what happened to Sindelar.
Jkushner1

TY44934

USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 10:04:37 AM »
Todd's day job is to protect Capitol Hill as part of the Capitol Police -  a Federal police force not to be confused with d.c. metro/local cops.

He's been training their officers full time & he was unable to reconcile a work conflict with the Nationals while also balancing prep for the World Shoot. Unfortunate turn of events, but National security comes 1st.

On another front, I just returned from the Production & Revolver Nationals (with limited) where I met the Grand Master himself, Angus on the Speedy Steel stage. Got to watch him shoot the new SP-01 for a stage or two & all I can say is: very impressive! Sevigny was certainly on his game & it was quite an accomplishment that Angus kept up with him; I think that Sevigny will have some very tough competition at the World shoot & all of it will come from shooters using CZs.

I meant to talk with Angus more at the vendor tent but he seemed a little busy talking with two very attractive blonds & I was not about to barge in on that conversation! Anyway, Angus: great job shooting & good to have met you in person.

As for my own Nationals performance, well, what is there to say? I shot my old stand-by SV limited .40 instead of the Standard IPSC & I finished well down in B class; I am just barely inside B by 4%  & my results more or less reflect that. Perhaps if I had shot a CZ things would have turned out better. Anyway, I did not DQ or pass out from heat stroke & learned a lot from my 1st Nationals (like - yes, it is possible to run a golf cart into a ditch & almost roll it).

D.C. Johnson
Limited Shooter
www.shootersparadise.com

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 03:28:33 PM »
Correct MAtt and I were 2nd and 3rd a great showing for CZ.
We had a great match and anticiapte 3 weeks of good training before we get to Ecuador.
I did have  a few problems caused by a missing safety retaining detent that was missing from my gun. It cause the safety to come on at in oppertune moments.
Unfortuantly the problem was self caused as I must have "lost" it when I put the gun abck to gether before I elft for nationals.
I did however manage to claw my way back from 6th place after the first full day to a respectable 2nd.

I am confident for World Shoot.

Sorry I did not get to tlak to you more doug. Next time man.
Congratulations to MAtt for a stelring performance and third place.
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline jkushner1

USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 04:42:42 PM »
How do you think you'll stack up in Ecuador against Seveigny, he is human. By the way, who was winning in open when you left, my Freind from France ?
Thanks,
Jon
:)

TY44934

USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 10:19:22 PM »
Its all good Angus & I was glad we got up to stage 7 & 8 to see you shoot! I managed to get just one action photo:

This was my 1st trip to the Nationals & I hope to make it a yearly tradition (though I doubt they will rent me a golf cart again next year).  Regards,

D.C Johnson

By the way - I forgot to mention above that CZ sent a factory rep to the Nationals & set up a table in the vendor's tent complete with the new all Stainless 75B, an SP-01 Tactical (de-cocker model) and a TS/Tactical Sports .40 which is quite a bit like (but not identical) to my Standard IPSC.

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
USPSA Nationals..
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 04:17:02 PM »
TS ans IPSC are evry similar more about internal changes really although TS has fixed sight. I know Jon like that.

Eric was not at Nats he decided to go somewhere in South America to practise.
Angus Duhhhh!

anything