Author Topic: Welcome to Club SP-01  (Read 81091 times)

Offline sweatmachine

Re: Welcome to Club SP-01
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 12:49:38 AM »

FYI, you should prob just post in the actual SP-01 board not this stickied post. But regarding your question, most likely, the easiest and cheapest mods you can do is changing your Recoil Spring and Hammer/Main Spring. I, myself, did 13# for both springs. Many others do a 11# Recoil and 13# Main/Hammer. Changing the Hammer spring along with a reduced power trigger return spring will noticeably change the DA and a bit on your single action. This will prob cost you <$30 with s/h

Thanks for the info.  My plan is to send a few hundred rounds through it before changing anything.  I'll check out that section of the forum.

Offline Medic112

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 10:17:20 AM »
Hello,

What is the technical specification of the Shadow 2?
I want to find the correct manual.

Thx

Offline Handyman

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »
Forgive me, I am fairly new at all of this.  I own a Shadow 2, does it actually still qualify as part of the SP-01 family?

Thanks.

Offline jkucukov

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 12:12:22 AM »
What kydex tactical holster would you guys recomend for the SP-01?

Offline CZPlz

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 07:10:11 AM »
Forgive me, I am fairly new at all of this.  I own a Shadow 2, does it actually still qualify as part of the SP-01 family?

Thanks.

This is a good question and have been wondering it myself.  Is the Shadow 2 as much of an SP-01 as an SP-01 Shadow?

Offline colt45acp

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 09:46:53 AM »
I owned a SHADOW 2 and soon sold it as is not allowed in IDPA, it's a very nice pistol but is too big and heavy.
The ordinary SP01 SHADOW fits perfectly in my hand, shoots extremely well, and its back serrations are much more practical than the SHADOW 2  ones.
IMHO
Sergio

Learning is impossible without humility.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
"On the forum" the S2 is included in this section which also includes all the competition model CZs.
The S2 is a new option for Comp.  With a longer bbl and other refinements for fast accurate comp. shooting.

Offline Akguy

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 10:04:04 PM »
Hey all i joined tonite to ask this question about my SP-01 tactical.
What is your average 15 yard group size? I SMOKE mine with my green P-01

Offline Batt 57

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »
I owned a SHADOW 2 and soon sold it as is not allowed in IDPA, it's a very nice pistol but is too big and heavy.
The ordinary SP01 SHADOW fits perfectly in my hand, shoots extremely well, and its back serrations are much more practical than the SHADOW 2  ones.
IMHO

I have a SP-01 Akai Shadow that I used for USPSA Production. I tried it in IDPA but got tired of that game. I tested a Shadow 2 and really liked how it fit my hands and shot out of the box.
So now the SP-01 is getting switched to Limited...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Batt 57

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2019, 12:55:24 PM »

Thanks.

This is a good question and have been wondering it myself.  Is the Shadow 2 as much of an SP-01 as an SP-01 Shadow?
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Mark58103

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 06:08:09 PM »
Checking in...bought an SP-01 Tactical On Friday.  Got to the range today, and ate the center out of the target at 7 yards.  OMG, I luuuuv this pistol!  ????

bonj

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2019, 05:49:13 PM »
I prefer the 9 mm in 124 grain in all my 9 mm CZ's. I believe the accuracy is more consistent, although the accuracy with the 115 grn is good as well.
I think it is just a personal preference and what you are accustomed to.
After all, it's a CZ it's going to be accurate!

I find it hard to believe that a half of a gram difference in bullet weight would make any difference at all.

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2019, 12:48:15 PM »
I prefer the 9 mm in 124 grain in all my 9 mm CZ's. I believe the accuracy is more consistent, although the accuracy with the 115 grn is good as well.
I think it is just a personal preference and what you are accustomed to.
After all, it's a CZ it's going to be accurate!

I find it hard to believe that a half of a gram difference in bullet weight would make any difference at all.

It makes a significant difference in 9mm, if for no other reason than available case volume.  It's a very small case when you start trying to reload anything over 1,000 fps.

Also, most people who do a lot of rapid-fire drills have a marked preference in bullet weight.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline Kelsw

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »
I just joined  :) the club  . Was looking for my 1st all metal pistol , up until now all my pistols were poly . My first CZ was a P-09 and I liked it  . Decided to trade in my PPQ M2 towards a SP-01 Tactical (got a fair trade in ) . The PPQ is a great poly striker pistol but now I can spend time with my new CZ all metal pistol . So far I am really liking it . Much more hefty than a poly gun . Should I upgrade it ? so many options lol .

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2019, 01:39:09 AM »
I just joined  :) the club  . Was looking for my 1st all metal pistol , up until now all my pistols were poly . My first CZ was a P-09 and I liked it  . Decided to trade in my PPQ M2 towards a SP-01 Tactical (got a fair trade in ) . The PPQ is a great poly striker pistol but now I can spend time with my new CZ all metal pistol . So far I am really liking it . Much more hefty than a poly gun . Should I upgrade it ? so many options lol .

I'd just shoot it for 300-500 rounds. If this an NIB pistol, it does have a "break in" period, regardless of any other considerations.  If it is "used," but new to you, then you still need to shoot it a bit. 

I've bought quite a few guns over the years with the "budget" that other people spend on every new pistol that they buy.   
The artist formerly known as FEG...