Author Topic: Who wants a NEW CZ-82?  (Read 6472 times)

Offline layer

Who wants a NEW CZ-82?
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »
Holy cow, I just got mine and it is SPOTLESS. I have never seen one in this condition before, I really think I need to get a couple more.  ;D

CDNN has them for $189, they are listed as "Exc To Like New" and they aren't lying! In the traditional CZ bag o' oil. All it comes with is an owner's manual - no holster or stuff and only one mag, but it looks new too. Wow!

Offline USMCZ

Re: Who wants a NEW CZ-82?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:47:15 AM »
I'm new to CZ's and just picked up a NIB CZ 83 in .380

What caliber is your 82 and is it surplus?
USMC Rules For Gun Fighting:

24. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Offline layer

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »
9x18 (Mak), presumably surplus, yes. It is identical to my 83 except for the caliber, even uses the same mags.

Offline USMCZ

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 06:14:43 AM »
care to post some pics?
USMC Rules For Gun Fighting:

24. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Offline pirate

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »
I just ordered 2 more CZ82's with my C&R FFL from Centerfire for $159 plus $12 shipping. They come with 2 mags and the well made black leather hoslter. The best value in a handgun going today......bar none!

CZ P-07 Duty, CZ 2075 RAMI, CZ 82 (3), CZ52 (2), Dan Wesson Pointman 7

Offline Wheeler

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 12:35:01 AM »
WOW!  I'd love to have one of those!  Don't want to sound ignorant, perhaps it's the area I live in, but what does the term '03 (C&R) LICENSE HOLDERS' stand for?  Is it the same as a regular FFL? I am already a CCW holder from Texas and have been for a long time. As such, purchasing a sidearm is much easier for me than for a non-CCW holder.

That CZ-82 w/holster and two mags is a fine looking pistol. Add those wooden grips and it's absolutely stunning. Where did the grips come from?

Thanks,
Semper Fi,

Wheeler

"For whats more honourable than scarrs or skin to tatters wrent in warrs"
                      Samuel Butler, 'HUDIBRAS' 1658

Offline Thren68

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 10:48:35 AM »
You can order one and have it transferred thru your local FFL dealer.  Local dealers charge anywhere from $10 to $50, depending on location and market.

A C&R stands for Curio and Relic FFL license.  It can be applied for fairly easily by almost anyone, it is signed off by your local LEO (usually sheriff), and once approved can be used to directly order various firearms that are designated by the C&R classification.  Many old mil-surp firearms fall under this classification.

The disadvantage is that after your license, you have to record all firearm intakes and outgoings, modern or C&R into a journal that the ATF can demand to inspect.

If you don't mind having the gov't know about what you have in the safe, it's a great way to collect some interesting pieces.  If you value your privacy more, it's not worth it and easier to pay the transfer fee.

Offline Wheeler

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 12:32:14 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. I'd rather put up with the hassle, but thanks again.  That is a fine pistol.  How available is ammo?
Semper Fi,

Wheeler

"For whats more honourable than scarrs or skin to tatters wrent in warrs"
                      Samuel Butler, 'HUDIBRAS' 1658

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 03:25:47 PM »
Well, 9x18 can be bought from about $9 to $20 for a 50 round box in many different places. There's Wolf still available, S&B and the Brown/Silver Bear. Also, some American ammo manufacturers produce ammo in this caliber. So, even in these hard times this caliber is quite available.

Offline servpels

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »
I just got one from CDNN as layer did.  I have to agree, for $189 ( w/1 mag & no holster) it appears to be "as-new" with not a ding or scratch on it.  Extra mag was $29.  Only bad thing was that even though I have a C & R FFL, CDNN will not sell to C & R holders.  I had to go through a local FFL dealer and have it shipped to him.  I had previously bought one from AIM last fall for $209 (w/2 mags & holster) and had thought it was in excellent shape, but the new one makes it look bad.  I couldn't ask for a better example!

Offline Molonlabe

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »

The disadvantage is that after your license, you have to record all firearm intakes and outgoings, modern or C&R into a journal that the ATF can demand to inspect.

As I recall only C&R purchased guns (not modern) have to be recorded in the bound book...has this changed?

Offline NORMSUTTON

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 05:22:41 AM »

As I recall only C&R purchased guns (not modern) have to be recorded in the bound book...has this changed?

no this hasn't change

NORM
LIFE MEMEMBER SINCE 1976

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
http://olderthendirt.proboards84.com/index.cgi
http://p64.proboards67.com/ Global Mod & Resident Smith

Offline pirate

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 01:42:48 PM »

I have had a C&R FFL for 6 years. Only firearms you purchase with your C&R have to be entered in your bound book. Its easy and anyone who shoots or collects firearms or likes to save money should have one. I save several hundred dollars a year on firearms accessories, ammo and reloading supplies with the dealer discounts I get. Midway, Brownell's and many other vendors give you dealer pricing if you send them a copy of your 03-FFL. Also I have never heard of a single case where the BATF inspected the home of a C&R FFL holder. I am sure its happened but its very very rare.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 01:45:33 PM by pirate »

CZ P-07 Duty, CZ 2075 RAMI, CZ 82 (3), CZ52 (2), Dan Wesson Pointman 7

02triumph

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »
this is the first i've heard of CDN, but after a peek at their website, appears you can only direct if you have a FFL.  am i correct?  would like to have one of the CZ-82's like pictured here.  i have one thats in really bad shape, but only aesthetically.  shoots like a champ!
regards.

Offline Thren68

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »
Ah, apologies.  I was under the impression that all transactions where required to be noted by others on onther forums.  I'll take the MO members at their word that this isn't the case.

Thanks for the clarification.