Author Topic: Trigger Stuck twice...  (Read 9587 times)

Offline vorpal rally

Trigger Stuck twice...
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »
I purchased some snap caps for dry firing and practicing my trigger pull. These were Tiptons that I was using and from a double action trigger pull the trigger locked up twice with about 10 trigger pulls between. When I say locked up, I mean that the trigger did not return to a ready position. Has anyone experienced anything like this or is this something that CZ USA should look at?  ???

On a side note, I purchased the Uplula universal magazine speed loader. My goodness, a friend had just bought one himself and I used his over the weekend.  The one that CZ offers is not wide enough to fit these magazines, so if you need something right away, this would be it.  ;D
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." _ Robert Heinlein

Offline OldGreg

Re: Trigger Stuck twice...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »
That Uplula is awesome... i'm glad i have one too.
P-07
SP-01 Phantom
97B

Offline pitbull

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »
Yes the Uplula is a real finger saver. I'd try some Rem Oil and see if your problem persists. If it does call CZ-USA at 1-800-955-4486 and talk with Mike Eagleshield. If you use the pistol for self defense then I would call Mike right away.

Offline Bimmer1

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »
I'm starting to think, "so much for the omega being a simplified and better trigger system"

We need some "official" input on this matter because it seems to come up often lately.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 11:11:43 PM »
First things first - was the trigger catching on the bottom protion of the trigger guard in the return stroke? If so, contact CZ-USA, it's one of the very first that had this problem. If not, call 1-800-955-4486, ask for Mike Eagleshield, and talk to him - he'll take care of it for you. Please letus know what the issue is, when it's found. Thanks!

Edited for clarity - I meant to say, some of the very first P07s had an issue with the trigger catching the inside bottom of the trigger guard, and they already fixed that issue on all subsequent guns.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:42:43 PM by armoredman »

Offline The Clever Set

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 04:06:40 AM »
If you've used the Omega triger, you might think otherwise.

Let not blame this on the Omega trigger just yet.

I'm starting to think, "so much for the omega being a simplified and better trigger system"

We need some "official" input on this matter because it seems to come up often lately.

Offline vorpal rally

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:32:10 PM »
Upon close inspection and some more dry firing, the trigger is indeed catching the trigger guard.  I will contact CZ tomorrow and let them fix the problem.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." _ Robert Heinlein

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »
Good, that's an easy one, I believe. 8)

Offline edh

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 03:56:19 PM »
I have experienced the same problem with my P 07.  I really like this gun and was assurred by CZ that the problem would be rectified.  I feel confident that it will.  I REALLY hope so due to the desirable qualitites it has.  I like the trigger.  Now if they will make it work every time I pull it!!

ed

Offline tercel1989

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
I have experienced the same problem with my P 07.  I really like this gun and was assurred by CZ that the problem would be rectified.  I feel confident that it will.  I REALLY hope so due to the desirable qualitites it has.  I like the trigger.  Now if they will make it work every time I pull it!!

ed

Let us know when it gets fixed and what they did . I am about to get me one and now this got me worried .

Offline tercel1989

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »
When you guys say the trigger got stuck on the trigger guard , do you mean it is rubbing against where the trigger comes out of the frame ?

Offline edh

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »
My gun would fire two-five times then nothing.  I would squeeze the trigger back and nothing happened.  I would then release it and start the trigger squeeze over and it woud fire. I spoke to the guy referred to in this discussion at CZ.  He said they would have to fix the problem and he gave me instructions on how to send it in.  He did not volunteer to pay for the shipping.  Seeing how this is a brand new gun it seemed to me that CZ should pay shipping both ways.  I bought it from bass pro shop and they refused to help me in any way.  I am shipping it to CZ Monday.  I'll let you know how the issue is resolved.  It was obvious during my discussion with the CZ rep that this problem has occured several times in his experience.  That is my thought at any rate.

Offline ZaakirAbdullah

• My Gun Blog
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
Can we narrow down a serial number range of the affected guns?
Saving my Pennies for a CZ P-07

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »
No serial range, butCZ-USA says the affected guns are around 50 or so of the very first production, and if you have that issue, contact them. 8)

Offline vorpal rally

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 06:40:50 AM »
My gun would fire two-five times then nothing.  I would squeeze the trigger back and nothing happened.  I would then release it and start the trigger squeeze over and it woud fire. I spoke to the guy referred to in this discussion at CZ.  He said they would have to fix the problem and he gave me instructions on how to send it in.  He did not volunteer to pay for the shipping.  Seeing how this is a brand new gun it seemed to me that CZ should pay shipping both ways.  I bought it from bass pro shop and they refused to help me in any way.  I am shipping it to CZ Monday.  I'll let you know how the issue is resolved.  It was obvious during my discussion with the CZ rep that this problem has occured several times in his experience.  That is my thought at any rate.

Lots of business' won't pay for the inbound shipping.  Who knows, CZ-USA MIGHT and I say MIGHT compensate you some other way. Lots of places give a little extra back to the customer for their inconvenience. I did receive an acknowledgment that they received my gun via a postcard in the mail.