Author Topic: Marschal Grips Karma **Winner is hbarnett1**  (Read 6105 times)

Offline BossHog

Marschal Grips Karma **Winner is hbarnett1**
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:40:50 PM »
Hi all,

I just tried installing my CZ 82/83 Grips (Walnut, Red Shellac finish, Checkered) I received from Dennis last month and the right panel does not fit. I tried modify them but, upon doing so, I scratched the rear of the right grip panel in a couple of places with my thumbnail.

Regardless, I find the wood grips to be a little too thick for my liking so I'm going to stick with the factory plastic grips as they fit my hands much better.

So, since I've gained some valuable info. on CZ pistols from this forum, I thought it would be nice to return the favor to the members here and offer these grips as a modest way of saying thanks.

Please respond to this thread if you would like to be included in this Karma. I will pick a winner next Thursday, 9/24. Here's a cell phone pic of the grips:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:49:47 AM by BossHog »

Offline dean1818

Re: Marschal Grips Karma
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 01:52:36 PM »
Hi all,

I just tried installing my CZ 82/83 Grips (Walnut, Red Shellac finish, Checkered) I received from Dennis last month and the right panel does not fit. I tried modify them but, upon doing so, I scratched the rear of the right grip panel in a couple of places with my thumbnail.

Regardless, I find the wood grips to be a little too thick for my liking so I'm going to stick with the factory plastic grips as they fit my hands much better.

So, since I've gained some valuable info. on CZ pistols from this forum, I thought it would be nice to return the favor to the members here and offer these grips as a modest way of saying thanks.

Please respond to this thread if you would like to be included in this Karma. I will pick a winner next Thursday, 9/24. Here's a cell phone pic of the grips:

Sign  me up

Offline hbarnett1

• My CZ83 .380 acp
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »
Hello, I just read your post,and I would love to have the pair of grips.I have a large hand and the thickness of the grips would not be an issue.I just bought a used CZ 83 that is like new.I would gladly send you my plastic grips to you for a spare set,and pay shipping costs both ways,Thank You...My e-mail address is hbarnett1960@live.com  or dianahop1@verizon.net
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:49:57 PM by hbarnett1 »

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »
Dennis would likely replace them for free and would also want to know about the fitment problem I'm sure.

When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline BossHog

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 04:43:17 PM »
Dennis would likely replace them for free and would also want to know about the fitment problem I'm sure.

Yeah, I know but I've already marred-up the back of the right grip panel a little trying to force them on (in addition to scratching the outside with my thumbnails). Anyway, the grip's too big for my liking so, I'd like to donate them to someone on this forum who wouldn't mind performing a little fitting of their own.

Offline BossHog

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »
Hello, I just read your post,and I would love to have the pair of grips.I have a large hand and the thickness of the grips would not be an issue.I just bought a used CZ 83 that is like new.I would gladly send you my plastic grips to you for a spare set,and pay shipping costs both ways,Thank You...My e-mail address is hbarnett1960@live.com  or dianahop1@verizon.net

I'll add your name to the list and thank you for the gesture.

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 12:07:52 AM »
BossHog, that is a very generous offer which reflects the fine folks here on this forum and why I look forward to visiting this site daily.

I would like to throw my name into the hat here for those grips. I have my CZ 82 on lay-a-way and plan on picking it up in 2 weeks.  ;D

I have seen my financial means dwindling with the economy and have carefully planned and saved to make this 82 purchase, sort of a personal birthday present to myself in October.

Recent postings of others refinishing projects have inspired me to add the red walnut Marscall grips and someday a complete refinish to top it off.

Everyone here has contributed and educated me more on these fine CZ line of pistols.

To whoever receives these grips, congratulations and be sure to post some pics for us.

Thanks BossHog for your contributions.

NVCZ
Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline BossHog

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 01:00:42 AM »
NVCZ,

Your name has been added and thanks for the kind words.

Best regards,

BH

BossHog, that is a very generous offer which reflects the fine folks here on this forum and why I look forward to visiting this site daily.

I would like to throw my name into the hat here for those grips. I have my CZ 82 on lay-a-way and plan on picking it up in 2 weeks.  ;D

I have seen my financial means dwindling with the economy and have carefully planned and saved to make this 82 purchase, sort of a personal birthday present to myself in October.

Recent postings of others refinishing projects have inspired me to add the red walnut Marscall grips and someday a complete refinish to top it off.

Everyone here has contributed and educated me more on these fine CZ line of pistols.

To whoever receives these grips, congratulations and be sure to post some pics for us.

Thanks BossHog for your contributions.

NVCZ

Offline dean1818

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:19:54 AM »
After reading the other replys you can take me OFF the list.

The good Lord has been very good to me and my family in providing.

Let one of the other folks have them.

Offline tman11787

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »
I'm in for the grips.  Thank you very much...

Offline BossHog

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
After reading the other replys you can take me OFF the list.

The good Lord has been very good to me and my family in providing.

Let one of the other folks have them.

Dean - That is very generous of you.

Offline czgusso

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »
A kind gesture indeed. I don't want to be in the drawing either since I've ordered a set myself. I just hope mine fit when they arrive. I notice that the grips for the 82/83 are quite finicky.  You certainly have done your good deed for the day!

Offline dapno1

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 01:18:30 AM »
Very generous of you Bosshog...Iwould greately appreciate your consideration for a chance to receive your generosity..Iam in need for a set of grips for my 82 as one of my grips is chipped out just under the safety..

Offline hrd2fnd

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 05:33:53 AM »
Bosshog, I to would appreciate it if you would add my name to the list you're gracefully compiling.  Like the you and the others I have learned a lot about these pistols from the members of this forum and have complied a list of "must have and would like to have"that I dream about every night in hopes of someday fulfilling once the economy turns around. 

I have been a lurking member ever since I traded for my 82 back in August, I fell in live with the 82 the 1st time I saw it and decided then I must have one and would do anything to get it including the trade of my hunting rifle.  I came across your post tonight while searching for replacements since my plastics were broken by the previous owner over tightening leaving me with a 82 that I can not use :'(. Mind you the grips are number 1 on my list of must have.

I will say the god lord has been kind by providing good health to my family and I during these tough times. During the last 10 months of being laid off I have had so much more of my time to donate my technical skills to those organizations that provide services to those less fortunate then I. :-X  I go to bed each night knowing that what I did has provided a service to some lucking person who without my skills may not have had a chance. One of the best movies I have ever saw and still sticks out in my mind is called "Pay it Forward" my family and I do our best to live this style of life hoping that others would continue the same.

Sorry for the short novel, but I just needed to share with you and others what I have done and have been going through this past year.  It is not all peaches and cream, but at least I have a family who is understanding and supportive while willing to help others while going through our own difficulties.

Sincerely,

Hrd

hrd2fnd@gmail.com

Offline HammerHead

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
Very cool indeed, BossHog! Please add my name to the list! 8)