Author Topic: A new board?  (Read 57338 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
A new board?
« on: December 01, 2009, 03:44:36 AM »
Yep! The Mrs wanted this, and I agree. We all love going to the range, and telling others about it, so here's a spot we can share range pics, stories, etc. Show off what your favorite range looks like, and tell us the good bad and ugly of range days.
Ready on the left, ready on the right, ready on the firing line, you may commence firing! ;D

Offline dleong

• Administrator
Re: A new board?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »
Oh, brudda. Just one more thing to haul to the range.

Guns... check
Ammo... check
Paper targets... check
Toilet paper... check
Camera... D'OH!

;D

Mrs Armoredman

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 12:21:27 AM »
  Well at least you remembered the gun ammo. We left the camera at home when I got my PO1. Next time we will make a check list.

czainsaw

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:03:53 PM »

Guns... check
Ammo... check
Paper targets... check
Toilet paper... check
Camera... D'OH!

;D

I don't see a reloading setup in there- for when leaving isn't an option...
I used to laugh when I saw people haul a press/powder measure/brass/bullets/powder and set it up at a nearby bench and start loading- but there have been times I've wanted to do the same.
Now that I think about it, those same peeps had cleaning equipment too. The list grows!  :o   That said they didn't have a camera, so you aren't alone  ;D

Offline Toxxyc

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 07:57:36 AM »
Cellphone always goes along, so I have at least a 5MP camera with me at all times (although it has a crappy lens, so pics and vids are just for quick viewing at the best of times).

But, taking your reloading equipment along is a very awesome experience. You can mix and match bullets, loads, primers and more on the go, and you don't have to go home, interpret the data you captured by shooting all your ammo and then reload as you see fit.  You load, shoot, and check.  Clean quickly, load, shoot and check.  This is done regularly by rifle shooters, but I must admit it isn't nearly as popular with the handgun-shooting populace.  I don't even have my gun yet, but I already know what loads, primers and bullets I'll use and what results I will get.  Luckily I have a friend who's father used to shoot 9mm P for ages before switching to .40, so he saved all the data for us to use! :D

Offline Yer

• Noblesse Oblige
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
Great idea! I can try to figure out how to post my very first CZ group (yes I kept it)
Remington R1 Enhanced, Chiappa Rhino 200DS, Sarsilmaz K2 45.
No one remembers the name of trampled flowers. Fallen birds await the wind before they try again. Prayers will not save us. Only the will to fight can change our world.

Offline madagent21

• Veterans: Thank you for your service!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 05:33:09 PM »
Luckily I have a friend who's father used to shoot 9mm P for ages before switching to .40, so he saved all the data for us to use! :D

Would you mind providing a list of the top three commercial brands (unless he loaded all of own bullets, than maybe just the no. 1 weight 115grn or 128grn etc.) that produced the tightest groups at lets say 15yds or 20yds for 9mm?

America's Defenders - "Everyone gives something and some gave everything."

CZ75 BD Police CGW
CZ75 P-01 CGW
Kadet Kit 2
28" Redhead Deluxe 20 gauge

Offline bobanddog

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »

Guns... check
Ammo... check
Paper targets... check
Toilet paper... check
Camera... D'OH!

;D

Never forget #4 on the list, used targets can be pretty coarse...
"I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing."

Izaak Walton

AdamSmith22134

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »
Armoredman, can you post a list of instructions on how to scan a photo from our Pictures file on our PC's to this forum?

I would appreciate it.

I did not see any "buttons" for direct downloading anywhere last time I checked.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »
Armoredman, can you post a list of instructions on how to scan a photo from our Pictures file on our PC's to this forum?

I would appreciate it.

I did not see any "buttons" for direct downloading anywhere last time I checked.

There is no photo hosting option on the site.  All you have to do is setup and account with Photobucket or some other media hosting site.  Then you click one button to copy the location of THAT file and paste it over here.  It's actually easier than I just made it sound.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 03:59:33 PM »
He's right - I use Photobucket for darn near everything.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »
When I upgrade my phone (stone age flip phone that still works, haha (jokes on me)) , I will have my daughters show me how.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline Dimon666

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 03:00:00 AM »
I don't have any pictures yet but here is a link to a promo video of my club. Great facility, 180* ballistic walls and a great filtration system.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 07:38:25 AM by Wobbly »
CZC ACCU-Shadow
CZC Shadow 2
CZC Compact L
CZ Kadet
Rem700 5R
LMT

Offline StogieRob

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 09:32:54 AM »
First time out with the model 70. So far, I approve of my purchase.  I think I like it even better that it's a relatively non-popular "mouse gun". My boys weren't enthralled...  The 12yr old like the full size 1911 in .22lr and the 19yr old was having waaaaay to much fun sending slugs through his new 12-gauge.  And I was the fool with the camera/phone so no one got a pict of me... Such is the way of the Parent...

CZ vz. 70...

Offline Sgt Cole

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
Is there a section on the forum where people can ask about ranges in their area or is this the appropriate forum here?  Looked around and didn't see anything specific.  I'm curious about others in my area who are CZ owners and where they shoot and shop, etc. :D

Thanks,
Sgt Cole
CZ 75D PCR

anything