Author Topic: What year was your Italian CZ clone made? (Italian date codes)  (Read 152987 times)

Offline dondavis3

• YourCorvette.com
Re: What year was your Italian CZ clone made? (Italian date codes)
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2010, 05:29:33 PM »
Just got a 2010 EAA Witness 10mm and the mark is CF

So, I guess CF is good for 2010 as well.

-QB

I bought my Witness 9mm last week and it's a "CF" too.  :D

Many thanks to eric0424 and his pictures or I would never have found it.  ;D

8)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 05:31:30 PM by dondavis3 »
CZ 75 Compact Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 85 Combat Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI P  9mm
CZ 75 P-07 Duty
CZ 75 P-09 Duty
CZ P-10 C

Offline eric0424

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »
I bought my Witness 9mm last week and it's a "CF" too.  :D

Many thanks to eric0424 and his pictures or I would never have found it.  ;D

8)

You're welcome.  :)  Are they still stamping the date code in the same place on the new pistols?? 

I looked off-and-on for a few years trying to find a manufacture date on my TZ75 when I first got it.  I found the date code list once or twice on other web sites but could never find the code for my serial number.  After giving up and forgetting about it for years I finally ended up here, where someone was nice enough to point out it's not the first few digits of the serial number (like my Marlin rifles) but a separate stamp for the date code.

Offline dondavis3

• YourCorvette.com
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 08:37:09 PM »
Yes my date code was exactly where your pictures showed it would be.

Thanks again.
CZ 75 Compact Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 85 Combat Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI P  9mm
CZ 75 P-07 Duty
CZ 75 P-09 Duty
CZ P-10 C

Offline RandallG

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 11:23:31 AM »
I tried posting this on the original post but it was locked for some reason.
I just got a witness classic .40 and I originally thought the date code was to the far right which looks like a G T V with antlers in it but all the way to the left of the marks I see CF in a box, assuming this is at least 2010. Any way to find out with the serial numbers the exact date?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »

Ignoring direct questions from Moderators and posting anecdotal slide cracking issue posts are a VERY bad way to get started here.

I just got a witness classic .40 and I originally thought the date code was to the far right which looks like a G T V with antlers in it but all the way to the left of the marks I see CF in a box, assuming this is at least 2010. Any way to find out with the serial numbers the exact date?

Email Tanfoglio directly from their Website and they will give you a history of when your pistol was imported and arrived at EAA.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline RandallG

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »

Ignoring direct questions from Moderators and posting anecdotal slide cracking issue posts are a VERY bad way to get started here.

Email Tanfoglio directly from their Website and they will give you a history of when your pistol was imported and arrived at EAA.

Sorry.
Did I miss something? I didn't know I was asked a question? I'm a little new to forums so you may have to lead me a little....

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 01:15:27 PM »
Sorry.
Did I miss something? I didn't know I was asked a question? I'm a little new to forums so you may have to lead me a little....

If there is a problem with cracking anything I won't be allowed to carry this gun, nor would I go out with it.
 I have several guns that have been approved but would like to carry this one if it makes the grade at the range as I'm sure it can.

Allowed and approved of by whom?  LEA?

Before going thru any type of qualification, you need to shoot it and get it broken in (not broken) and also test it with any ammunition that you will be required to carry.  Tanfoglio and CZ handguns have short barrel throats and some ammunition, loaded long, might not chamber.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline RandallG

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 01:24:08 PM »
Sorry.

If there is a problem with cracking anything I won't be allowed to carry this gun, nor would I go out with it.
 I have several guns that have been approved but would like to carry this one if it makes the grade at the range as I'm sure it can.

Allowed and approved of by whom?  LEA?

Before going thru any type of qualification, you need to shoot it and get it broken in (not broken) and also test it with any ammunition that you will be required to carry.  Tanfoglio and CZ handguns have short barrel throats and some ammunition, loaded long, might not chamber.
Oh ...Yes of course! I see now.  I am getting the range to open for me today as I'm still on VACA and will put at least 500 through today. I have to have the range master check off on everything so he's taking the day to help out. I normally carry a Springfield XD, a S&W M&P and sometimes a Beretta.  This handgun feels better in my palm that all the rest and from my previous Tanfoglio I'm sure it will shoot well.
I'm a "contract" guy BTW. 

Offline notjustanothermini

• my buddy and other buddy
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 12:10:56 AM »
i am assuming that the "CF" is to correlate to 2011, correct.? following the patern it would appear that way, huh?

also these being european guns, i am assuming they are proff tested, I.E.--> double power charge fired through it to make sure it can take whatever the end user throw at it. cool just one more + for the eaa witness/tanfoglio pistol.

also what do all the other marks mean. like the antler GT thing, the "PSF mark with the mings above it" and the two rifles crossed over one another inside the box between the CF date code and "PSF w/wings mark".    also inside the guns frame, just forward of the cam block, the is a "FT-TI" mark in there what is that for?    also on the chamber hood of the barrel, there is a   mark that reads "JFc" and then a "star in a circle" mark, then a mark that looks like "a bell in a box with an X thru it" and then another "star in circle" mark.

i am just curios as to what all these cool little official looking marks mean. man the more i look at this pistol the more i realize i cant live without it. i just bought a ruger sr 40 2 weeks before it, and i couldnt put the ruger down, after i got this i almost forgot about the ruger all together.lol ARENT THESE GUNS SWEET(witness/tanfoglio)

Offline eric0424

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »
i am assuming that the "CF" is to correlate to 2011, correct.? following the patern it would appear that way, huh?

also these being european guns, i am assuming they are proff tested, I.E.--> double power charge fired through it to make sure it can take whatever the end user throw at it. cool just one more + for the eaa witness/tanfoglio pistol.

also what do all the other marks mean. like the antler GT thing, the "PSF mark with the mings above it" and the two rifles crossed over one another inside the box between the CF date code and "PSF w/wings mark".    also inside the guns frame, just forward of the cam block, the is a "FT-TI" mark in there what is that for?    also on the chamber hood of the barrel, there is a   mark that reads "JFc" and then a "star in a circle" mark, then a mark that looks like "a bell in a box with an X thru it" and then another "star in circle" mark.

i am just curios as to what all these cool little official looking marks mean. man the more i look at this pistol the more i realize i cant live without it. i just bought a ruger sr 40 2 weeks before it, and i couldnt put the ruger down, after i got this i almost forgot about the ruger all together.lol ARENT THESE GUNS SWEET(witness/tanfoglio)

Your pistol is probably a 2010 build, I don't think a 2011 product would be here so early in the year.  I don't know what the other marking indicate.  I have the same PSF and crossed rifles on my early TZ75 that you have on your witness.

Offline Blown Nitro Pontiac

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 07:13:14 AM »
I just picked up my Witness Classic 2 in 10mm from a kid who bought it in late December, but didn't like the recoil of a 10mm.

"CF" code also.

Offline Scorpion8

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
hmm my ta-90 has a box with AU in it. maybe a transitional model?

sorry for the crappy pic

Got one just like that, date code AS inside a box.  I just got done putting the same grips on when I saw this pic.
Retired USN
Pain heels..... chicks dig scars.....glory, lasts forever!

Offline SPEAR-99

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
"CF", yet another baby to the group, purchased this past winter. Obviously not REALLY 2011, but manf'd for the 2011 season.
The grips are great, like the grab and the non slip stips on front and back.
Sighting is great 25 yards, landing all 15 in the chest and or head.
The range master picked up the 9mm, fell in love first time out.
The issue that I have is finding OEM mags that are a true fit, not loose in the well.

Offline ComradePie

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 01:18:35 AM »
So, the only letters like that I can see are AE... Is it possible that my pistol was manufactured in 1979?  :o
The only other letters I see are "CAT", but I assumed that that was an importer's mark. However, we all know about the whole assume thing haha! Where should I be looking?

Offline Midnight_Express

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »
the two letters you're looking for are in a small square box.  if your AE looks like this AN then it probably is a 79 build. the one below is 1985.