Author Topic: Aha! I found y'all . . . . .  (Read 3880 times)

Offline .3937 inches

Aha! I found y'all . . . . .
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:08:07 PM »
Hi y'all,

Checking in from north Texas. Glad I stumbled across this place it looks like some great info here -- target specific you might say. I've been wanting to phase out my AR's  in .223/5.56 (put them back in the wall - not sell them) for several months now. Ended up here when I recently "discovered" the VZ-58. Wow, I am impressed with it so far. I owned an AK and a couple of SKS's in the late 80s thru early 90s (prior to a gun-eating dee-vorce) and have no idea why I got into the .223/5.56 this past 5 years. I don;t like the round at all compared to the 7.62

Sooo here I is -- trying to figure out the smartest way to get into a nice comfortable 58. Trying to avoid having to sell an AR to get a 58 but if they are all $1000 like I'm seeing it might be unavoidable. Also trying to decide what 10mm to get next - already have the funds set aside for that.  ;D

Offline SeismicOne

Re: Aha! I found y'all . . . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »
Welcome fellow Texan. I'm over by Longview. Check Academy Sports. They are going to stop carrying the VZ-58 from CZ. It is a Czechpoint. I got the last one at Longview's Academy. Clearance. Under $600. I think it was $588. Listed for around $980. If you can catch one at another Academy store before they are gone it is the deal of the Century.

Offline .3937 inches

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
You really got my hopes up -- I have called over a half dozen Academy's and no one has ever heard of it. So I went to the Academy website and all they have listed in tactical is the BM and the S&W AR platforms.

The last guy was going to do a chainwide search but the computers were down. Said to call back in 30 minutes and see if they were up. Man that would be a great buy if I could find one. Thanks for the tip.

Offline SeismicOne

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:13:52 PM »
Mine is the tactical sporter. Shoots wonderful.

Offline SeismicOne

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 05:23:56 PM »
If you can't find one there Czechpoint sold the guns to CZ. Better price than from CZ.
http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/vz-58-rifles/

anything