Author Topic: Choke Tubes, CZ 28 gauge double barrel shotgun  (Read 15815 times)

Offline BillC523

Choke Tubes, CZ 28 gauge double barrel shotgun
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:17:49 AM »
 ???
I purchased this shotgun in (?) 2000 - 2005. It came with several choke tubes. I use the improved and modified choke, however the improved patterns much like a modified and the modified like improved modified.  I contacted several choke tube suppliers and discovered standard tubes like Beretta and aftermarkets like Briley will not work in my CZ. One company contacted, Colonial Arms informed me that CZ tubes had a different thread cut unknown to them, but they were working on it. I was transferred to their chief gunsmith. He said they were in contact with CZ (engineering, ?) to obtain spec's on the different pitch and cut of their choke tubes. He told me to call back in 6 months, they should have this problem solved and several choke tubes available that time. Well, after a call back he told me that CZ did not cooperate with their request, so Colonial dropped the issue.

My question is, does anyone know of a supplier that offers a variety of choke tubes for my CZ 28 gauge shotgun?  I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Bill
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:24:19 AM by BillC523 »

Offline 2fewdaysafield

Re: CZ 28 gauge double barrel shotgun
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »
Hey Bill....

A couple of thoughts....

Have you tried CZ-USA?

Keeping in mind that the CZ-USA guns are actually made by Huglu in Turkey, you could also try the following importers of Huglus.....DeHaan Shotguns.... www.dhshotguns.com    also TR Imports...  http://www.trimports.com/

I've also "heard" that Briley offers choke tubes for Huglu guns.

Overall, Mark DeHaan (DeHaan Shotguns) probably has the most experience with the Huglu guns since he has been involved with importing them since at least the late '90s. If you ever have any problems, he is also the best Huglu gunsmith around.

Good luck and please let us know how your search goes.

Regards.....2few

Offline jpanra

Re: Choke Tubes, CZ 28 gauge double barrel shotgun
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 04:00:23 PM »
I learned from George Trulock  (TRULOCK CHOKES) that he will have a CZ USA 28 gauge skeet choke by February 2011
his response to me below

Subject: Re: skeet choke - extended - for cz 28 gauge woodcock model-

Sir,

Yes we do and we are almost ready to run them. I hope to have them on the shelf in Feb. We were supposed to have them already done but we are running behind.

George Trulock
President
229-762-4678  work
229-762-4050  fax                                                           
trulock@trulockchokes.com

Offline kruizer

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
You might want to contact Carlson Chokes and see what they offer for your gun.
kruizer

Offline Timex

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
A second vote for Carlson Choke Tubes. 

Offline TUSKER

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 08:44:11 PM »
Old or not-- looks like I might of found an answer to my question on the chokes. Hope they can provide a 'light modified' choke for my Bob White SXS. :)

anything