Author Topic: need help improving  (Read 1769 times)

Offline DOJO

need help improving
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:55:11 PM »
I want to improve my accuracy. Maybe someone can give me some tips.

SP-01 shot 4 x 16rd magazines. About 43 feet/14 yards, hand held, winchester white box. I do not like the night sight very much but they are great at night so trying to get used to them.

Offline ace73

Re: need help improving
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:42:36 PM »
ok DOJO, i'll give it a shot!! but keep in mind that i still consider myself a newbee and any comments are meant in a positive way!!
i also have a hard time 'practicing what you preach'...so...one of the biggest things i find with myself, is trying to fire rapidly and getting the next
shot off before the front sight is on center....i have to slow down and concentrate on the front sight. i think rapid accurate shooting will come with
practice. another thing is anticapating the bang. dry firing with snap caps while keeping the front sight on target. one of the best ways to try is to
put a snap cap mixed in with live rounds in your mag......when the snap cap doesn't go bang, did your sight move?
these are 2 of my main problems! other things come into play as well.....too much coffee......are my eye's focusing ok on the front sight.......breathing
technic......and so on.  i usually can tell if these are working against me during the first 5 min!
i do most of my shooting at 7 & 10 yrds. i find that the further out i go, the harder it is for me to line up the center of the target! how do you do at a
closer range? one last thing that i can add (and i'm sure others could add more!)........i can shoot my reloads better than wwb! it might be time to
consider reloading!!
oh and by the way.....your target at 14 yds doesn't look that bad!     

Offline Stones

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:48 PM »
Dojo,
I'm not that great of a shooter either but I'm still working on it using some targets from a website that shows what you're shooting is like and what to do to correct it. In your case, it says you're anticipating recoil. The one I sometimes use is about half way down the page.

They have a bunch of targets that you can download and print on 8x11 paper to use for practice. Sorry, can't get the link to attach so here's the long way; reloadbench.com/pdf.html.

Good luck. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:09:12 PM by Stones »
"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford

We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem! - Chesty Puller, USMC

-CZ P-01, SP-01 Shadow (among others)

Offline DOJO

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:45:44 AM »
Thank you guys. I'm taking your advice and will work on.

anything