Author Topic: CZ85Combat  (Read 3790 times)

Cricket67

CZ85Combat
« on: February 19, 2002, 09:37:10 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has used the 85 combat in IPSC competition? Did you have to do any improvements?

ekimnat

CZ85Combat
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 04:47:09 AM »
The CZ85 Combat is a silky smooth gun to use in IPSC Production class competition.  However, being used to Bo-Mars, I could not stand the rear sight.

I sold the CZ85 Combat and will buy a standard CZ85 instead.

Walt-Sherrill

CZ85Combat
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2002, 05:54:53 AM »
Can you NOT change sites in IPSC?  I wonder if it wouldnt've been better to change the sights than sell the gun -- if it was silky smooth.

With regard to the 85 Combat for IPSC.  You might do as well or better with the 75SA -- which I see mentioned frequently in IPSC circles.

(I have an 85 Combat, and love it, but principally shoot it cocked and locked... so the SA might be about as good.)

Chuck-Edwards

CZ85Combat
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2002, 12:18:09 PM »
Ekimnat - I thought that Production class required a DA first shot.  My experience (admittedly limited) with IPSC is that having your finger in the trigger guard when not firing was an automatic DQ.

Regards,

Chuck

CZ75ID

CZ85Combat
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2002, 12:46:50 PM »
The CZ75SA is Match Grade from the box for $489.00

Both in 9mm and .40 caliber.

$586.00 for the CZ85B COMBAT  

Retail prices on the cz-usa website. The Combat has better sights and finish optios.
the SA the better price and stock trigger, along with the .40 chambering.

I really want a tu-tone 85B Combat in .40 to convert to .357 SIG.Would have
bought one over the CZ75SA, which has turned out to be very dreamy.

Tuned action, CZF Hakan's and the MMC tritium adjustables. CZimply too nice of a
gun for me!

Both are superb guns in the eyes of many here! Oh czech for the 85 COMBAT
CLUB sometime today.

Cricket67

CZ85Combat
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2002, 01:51:07 PM »
You are correct about SA not being allowed, and that the first shot must be DA.

One rule about IPSC in Production Division, is about external modifications.  Can one have hogue wrap around grips, and remain in this division?

P.S.  Spoke with the gun store that sold me the 85, and the owner asked how I liked it.  Well, the other day I was shooting ten yard target (rapid fire) to get used to sighting second shots, and I was shooting on top of the first shot.  Pretty good.  But I told the owner that if I get any better, I will have problems try to convince the judge that there is actually two shots in one hole, lol.

Offline ECG

CZ85Combat
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2002, 09:49:37 PM »
Hello.
The discussion regarding IPSC competition and starting with a DA first pull is intriguing me.  How does one do this w/o dropping the hamer on a loaded chanber and a finger on the trigger?  My club doesn't want me doing this and I can't blame them.  I'll by a BD if needed but don't want to have to.  Any suggestions?
Ed

Walt-Sherrill

CZ85Combat
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2002, 10:50:40 AM »
I've done it thousands of times, and I haven't shot myself (or had a negligent discharge), yet.

You're probably screwed -- as there are RANGE NAZIS just like there are internet Nazis...  

One range I'm aware of has a safety officer who gets all bent out of shape when he encounters a Browning Hi-Power with the mag safety removed.  He feels that the shooter has removed a "safety" feature and is therefore less safe.  Bullcrap.

Another range gets all uppity if you hold the barrel of your gun upwards while doing a reload.  "Don't raise the barrel above the berm!", they scream.  I think I'd have to find another place to shoot.

If the gun is pointed safely downrange when dropping the hammer, what in hell difference does it make?

If you are so physically impaired that you can't handle this relatively simple process, you shouldn't be shooting the gun in the first place.  (That's a sarcastic comment: I don't really think you're impaired.)

Pardon my rant, but there are many things a helluva lot more dangerous in an IPSC or IDPA match than dropping the hammer on a loaded chamber before a string is started:  like funning full speed toward a barrier with a loaded gun in your hand.   I think its a helluva lot more likely that somebody's going to put their finger in the trigger guard than you're going to screw up dropping the hammer.... And most safety officer just can't see THAT detail.

(You're alternative is to get a CZ 85B, which has the firing pin block; you pull the trigger just enough to let you lower the hammer with your thumb, and then release the trigger.  There's no way the gun will fire unless the trigger is all the way to the rear of its travel.)

Cricket67

CZ85Combat
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2002, 09:49:35 AM »
It's nice to see a new site for us 85ers.

About dropping the hammer on a loaded gun - in IPSC the only concern an RO has is that you use your weak hand forefinger only, between the hammer and the slide.  It feels weird, but it's what they want.  I used to use the weak hands forefinger and thumb, but they think it will slip more easily.

anything