Author Topic: New 83 broke?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline snubs4me

New 83 broke?
« on: January 04, 2012, 05:55:44 AM »
So I get a new blue 83 recently, and I notice while doing a function check that I can't get the hammer to strike the firing pin either sa or da. If I hold the trigger down I can push the hammer into contact with the firing pin under slight spring tension, and the safety block does work like it should too. I can watch it move out of the way when using the trigger.

This is my first blowback sa. Am I missing something? Don't really want to try firing it until I find out what gives.

Offline Warpspasm

Re: New 83 broke?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:30:50 AM »
Have you tried shooting it yet? Try it. It'll work just fine.
Dolor Temporarius
Gloria Aeterna
Cicatrices Virginibus Placent

CZ 24, CZ 52, CZ 82 (2), CZ 75B, Pre-B, P-09, P-01 UG, Shadow 2, Kadet upper, 455 Tacticool, 912 12ga, Scorpion Carbine - Still need a CZ 38 & CZ 70

Offline SMSgt

• Make a decision; live with the consequences.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
It's hitting the firing pin; it's so quick you can't see it. Drop a pencil eraser end first down the barrel, point the gun at the ceiling, and fire it.

Now go get a ladder and remove the pencil from the ceiling. Oh, and hopefully you used an empty gun to try this. I ain't fixin' no holes in your roof!
Life isn't fair, stop expecting it to be.

Offline snubs4me

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 02:58:38 PM »
Hey thanks for that pencil test. I swear that I looked hard and could not see that hammer hitting that firing pin. Now if I can make up with Muddy Waters (my dog). He's mad because I shot him with a pencil..................Don't tell the SPCA on me.