Author Topic: Trigger Job...  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Spartacus

Trigger Job...
« on: August 21, 2002, 10:18:18 AM »
A few month ago I bought a CZ Compact, my only problem is that it has a tendency of trying to brake my finger when I pull the trigger.

Who should I have do a trigger job for it? I'd prefer localy, but it cant then I can ship it out.

thanks

Offline ut83

Trigger Job...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 07:56:28 PM »
Strange....very strange.  The Compact shouldnt try and break you finger...very unlike a CZ.  Seriously....Id start by having your gun LOOKED at by a good local smith thats seen CZ's in the past.  If it proves a "standard" trigger pull and its you just not used to the gun...then consider a trigger job.  It really doesnt sound correct.  My son used to shoot my CZ83 double action...mind you the trigger is better on these than the 75's.  But your trigger shouldnt be that bad.
Shoot well

Offline The Plainsman

Trigger Job...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 01:58:25 PM »
May I suggest that you replace the hammer return spring?  I regret that I didn't keep better notes, so I can't tell you exactly which Wolffe spring and which poundage, but I replaced the hammer return spring in both my 75 Compact and my 83.  They are now both a dream to shoot.  DA about 4 1/2 lbs and SA about 2 1/2 to 3 lbs in both of them.  I haven't had any problems with ammo FTF.  I do have to remember that the SA pull is pretty light.  Every once in a while, I'll do an unintentional "double tap".

The 83 has the sweetest trigger I've ever pulled.  It's absolutely terrific - both DA and SA.  The 75 Compact SA is a little crisper than the 83, but not quite as smooth.  I recommend it.  You can do it yourself in about 10 minutes (less if you know what you're doing).

Offline ut83

Trigger Job...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2002, 08:22:31 AM »
Im Curious what spring weight you used..Ill expand on my question.  Ive had compacts/83's..never tried Wolff main springs until I got my PCR's.  
Supposedly the PCR's main spring is a 19# unit like the Standard Compacts...I went with a 17, 18 and 19# Wolff just to play around with.  All created very light trigger pull and multiple failure to fires..light striking.
I know the Compact has a different hammer than the PCR's....the PCR's is lighter, maybe?  Ive always had to return the gun back to the OEM main spring for proper function.
The 19# Wolff spring was at least 1/2" shorter than the standard main spring of the same weight....Personally I think CZ uses a different main spring in the PCR and no one can tell me what it is.......HELP.
Shoot well

anything