Author Topic: My CZ Air Pistols  (Read 10265 times)

Offline Sundang

My CZ Air Pistols
« on: November 09, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
This first one is a TAU 7, .22cal CO2 pistol. I have it set up as a bulk fill. I use a five pound CO2 cylinder and a transfer tank.
The transfer tank comes with the pistol and holds 150 grams liquid CO2. I put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes, and then turn the 5lb
tank upside down and fill it. I use a postal scale to weigh the transfer tank to make sure it is not over filled. Otherwise, when it heats up,
it can explode.
I get about 300 shots from a fill. When getting low, I notice shots getting lower on the target. I had a scope on it, that I have since transfered to another gun. It comes with a scope attachment that is not in the photo. From a rest, I can shoot good pellets like
JSB into one hole. That's at 30 feet. Sometimes it gets boring at times.
It has a "muzzle device" on the 12 inch barrel that diverts the CO2 outwards through the holes, so it does'nt "follow" the pellet and push it off course. It has a gap, and kind of a cone/venturi. The pellet goes through the space, and as the CO2 expands, it goes around the cone and gets diverted outwards. It also came with barrel weights, a rod that screws into the rear of the pistol with an adjustable sliding
weight. The grip is hand fitted. With the weights adjusted properly, you can loosen your grip to almost nothing, and the pistol just stays level. This is my first try at uploading a picture. So, here goes-

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: My CZ Air Pistols
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »
Nice job - beautiful pistol
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 09:20:49 PM »
Really good looking pellet pistol.
I'm not educated on .22cal "pellets", and curious (nosy). What the typical pellet weight and velocity?
Are they the same diameter as .22 rimfire bullets?

Thanks for showing us your pistol.

Offline armed hiker

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:48:35 AM »
Very cool pistol.

Good to see you are raising our CO2 emissions as it is getting cool up north right now O0