Author Topic: What's Your Next Handgun?  (Read 276652 times)

Offline J Lee

Re: What's Your Next Handgun?
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »
Hopefully the SP-01.. going to get in queue on Davidsons.. I might have it by September at this rate...  ;)
Only took me a few weeks to get a SP-01 from Damascus.  You can send them an email to be notified when they get them in.
James

Offline Cerebrus

« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »
That is an option as well.. I just like to support my local guy, as tries to save me a buck or two..

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2014, 05:22:45 AM »
I have a new itch.  This always leads to acquisition in my case.  I have been looking at the Burris Fastfire III.  I think it would be pretty cool mounted on a 75 series that was fully customized.  I don't really want to change my B or my transitional pre-B as they are set up just how I want them.  I am thinking of getting an original Czechoslovakian pre-B as a dedicated host for the red dot.  Unfortunately, I really know very little about these.  I think the rear slide cut is the same as the B model and should work with the adapter.  Anyone see an issue with this?
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline J Lee

« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2014, 05:53:12 AM »
Just put new 1911 on my list.
James

Offline Chumley

« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »
Dan Wesson Pointman Nine unless I don't get a year end bonus, in which case, I will likely just have some work done on my 75 BD Police.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »
I have a new itch.  This always leads to acquisition in my case.  I have been looking at the Burris Fastfire III.  I think it would be pretty cool mounted on a 75 series that was fully customized.  I don't really want to change my B or my transitional pre-B as they are set up just how I want them.  I am thinking of getting an original Czechoslovakian pre-B as a dedicated host for the red dot.  Unfortunately, I really know very little about these.  I think the rear slide cut is the same as the B model and should work with the adapter.  Anyone see an issue with this?

I have contemplated the same kind of thing but with a P-09 and an RMR...

Before I got into CZs I was on the verge of having the slide milled on one of my Glocks for just such a thing. I recently contacted Mark Housel at L&M Precision Gunworks (he is well known for this kind of work in the Glock community) and he said he'd not done this to a P-09 yet but was willing to take a look to see how feasible it was.

Once I get a P-09 I will have him do just that :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:35:29 PM by s0nspark »
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
I'm sure a P-09 with one of those would be pretty cool.  I really am not familiar with these optics enough to know which one to get...or whether to get one at all.  It would just be for the range and I probably don't need another gun taking rounds away from my carry and competition guns.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »
I probably don't need another gun taking rounds away from my carry and competition guns.

One thing that slows down my acquisitions a bit is the reality check of knowing I won't be happy unless I Cajunize any CZ I get. That bumps a ~$500 gun up almost double including new sights.

Not that I'm complaining... I'm happier with my CZs than I've ever been with the other pistols I've owned.

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
Absolutely, although recently I have considered trying to find a bargain used one to leave stock for when new shooters try out my group.  It might be nice to allow them to shoot a stock gun to compare to the custom ones.  But yes, I am still awaiting the arrival of my alloy frame milsurp compact I won on GB.  I have had the parts for a week already, lol.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2014, 03:33:06 PM »
Absolutely, although recently I have considered trying to find a bargain used one to leave stock for when new shooters try out my group.  It might be nice to allow them to shoot a stock gun to compare to the custom ones.

David told me on the phone that I wouldn't believe the difference and, well, you know... I kind of took that as a bit of salesmanship :) I held back on sending my second 75BD in just so I could compare the two side by side and he was right - the difference is tremendous.

I've never really been a trigger snob but his parts are well on their way to making me one!

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
I am absolutely a trigger snob.  I have tried a few other people's guns.  You know, they try yours and you try theirs.  I just don't really find it enjoyable like I used to.  They don't understand why I would want to invest that much money on a gun and I don't understand what the point is of buying five or six mediocre guns when you could have one or two outstanding ones.  Doesn't make sense to me.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2014, 05:29:45 PM »
They don't understand why I would want to invest that much money on a gun and I don't understand what the point is of buying five or six mediocre guns when you could have one or two outstanding ones.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Oh yeah, I totally get that. I have friends that are constantly chasing the hot gun of the month thing and I have been sharing my experiences migrating to CZ hoping they'll see the light, so to speak :)

Offline wagon

What's Your Next Handgun?
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2014, 07:36:32 PM »
Glock 9mm single stack (g42 size ) so I can get rid of the cm9.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:46:45 PM by wagon »

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2014, 10:21:40 PM »
They don't understand why I would want to invest that much money on a gun and I don't understand what the point is of buying five or six mediocre guns when you could have one or two outstanding ones.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Just tell them when you buy quality you only squawk once.  And, a quality tuned CZ 75 is a bargain relative to any other I'm familiar with.
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2014, 05:40:14 AM »
Most of the people I talk to are in the Glock crowd and think theirs is as good as you can get right out of the box.  They are close-minded and that's okay with me.  To each his own.  I feel sorry for them never having a gun they could actually fall in love with.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

anything