Author Topic: What's Your Next Handgun?  (Read 276680 times)

Wahoo1 again

Re: What's Your Next Handgun?
« Reply #1215 on: February 06, 2016, 10:20:50 PM »
 Picked up my Star Model B Super it appears to be in unissued condition. There are some minor storage dings, but the bore looks to be new and the whole pistol was filled with factory preservative grease. Bluing is complete, no wear on the sharp/expected areas. One of the magazines is new the other shows some very minor wear on the follower, but none on the body. The pistol has Spanish proof marks dating manufacture to 1972 there is also a 72 on the trigger guard. There are what I believe are Spanish Army proof marks on the barrel and frame.  The pistol is in much nicer condition than most recent imports I've seen. Not a bad deal for $290 out the door. I'm looking forward to shooting it Sunday afternoon. I've had a few offers from other members of the range where I shoot, may be sold before it gets shot.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #1216 on: February 07, 2016, 09:03:40 AM »
Nice find!  Looks like you stole it.  Appears to the offspring of ac1911 and high power?  SAO?

Wahoo1 again

« Reply #1217 on: February 07, 2016, 09:17:56 AM »
That's a good way to describe the pistol. It is a single action, the trigger pivots like a High Power and the barrel link/locking system is also like a High Power.

Offline Rhino

« Reply #1218 on: February 07, 2016, 10:49:06 AM »
^^^Single stack like a 1911, same type barrel bushing. External extracor.^^^

Rock-it3

« Reply #1219 on: February 07, 2016, 02:10:31 PM »
Picked up my Star Model B Super it appears to be in unissued condition. There are some minor storage dings, but the bore looks to be new and the whole pistol was filled with factory preservative grease. Bluing is complete, no wear on the sharp/expected areas. One of the magazines is new the other shows some very minor wear on the follower, but none on the body. The pistol has Spanish proof marks dating manufacture to 1972 there is also a 72 on the trigger guard. There are what I believe are Spanish Army proof marks on the barrel and frame.  The pistol is in much nicer condition than most recent imports I've seen. Not a bad deal for $290 out the door. I'm looking forward to shooting it Sunday afternoon. I've had a few offers from other members of the range where I shoot, may be sold before it gets shot.

Very Nice, Wahoo! I was at a gunshow last week, and one of those caught my eye. The price tag was $299, and it was nowhere near as nice as yours. The finish was rougher, and it had several dings and dents. Not knowing enough about them, I walked away. Seems like you got a sweet deal!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #1220 on: February 07, 2016, 05:28:36 PM »
Had been looking for a 32 acp to use for new shooters (sisters and wife.) Stumbled across some NIB Beretta 81 Cheetahs that made their way into the US unannounced. I settled since the CZ 83 isn't made in 32 acp anymore and they're hard to find. Here's a pic of the one I got off of Buds.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #1221 on: February 07, 2016, 08:10:32 PM »
Looking forward to a range report on that Beretta 81!

Offline stromburg

« Reply #1222 on: February 08, 2016, 01:50:41 AM »
Bought this used Wilson a Combat Elite online, it should be here Monday, I can't wait to see what all the hypes about 😀

SP01 Tactical
P01

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #1223 on: February 08, 2016, 10:42:45 AM »
Just ordered a Dan Wesson Valor. Can't wait to get it. 8)
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline Winn

« Reply #1224 on: February 09, 2016, 08:49:14 PM »

I think it's going to be a revolver a Smith & Wesson competitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Paul Kersey

« Reply #1225 on: February 10, 2016, 05:33:23 AM »
My next handgun will be a pocket pistol, probably something in .380acp. I will need a discreet pocket pistol for when the weather starts to get warmer. I already have a CZ-83 in that caliber as my current primary so an added benefit to that is being able to use the same ammo. I will probably go with the Ruger LCP partly because of price and I because I feel it's been around long enough for all the bugs to have been worked out with the newer generation models which been improved over previous ones.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:36:24 AM by Paul Kersey »
CZ-83 (.380acp)

Rock-it3

« Reply #1226 on: February 13, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »
And it is here! Pictures as promised...

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #1227 on: February 13, 2016, 02:56:15 PM »

I LIKE IT ! ! !
I'm seriously thinking of getting one done-up in 10mm
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Smathersfish

« Reply #1228 on: February 13, 2016, 03:04:07 PM »
And it is here! Pictures as promised...

That is one fine shooting revolver! A buddy of mine has one and it is a tack driver! I am a die hard Smith & Wesson fan and had always dismissed ruger double action revolvers but this one has a sweet trigger and great grips and shoots terrific.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #1229 on: February 13, 2016, 03:28:38 PM »
Great looking revolver Rock-it3. Congrats!
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.