Author Topic: Received My Slide Guard This Week  (Read 10884 times)

Offline GRB5111

Received My Slide Guard This Week
« on: January 16, 2014, 11:42:25 AM »
This is a lined Slide Guard in black cowhide for my P-01, and it has already exceeded my expectations. I started wearing it around the house with my P-01 holstered for general break-in, and as mkd has mentioned in another post, it needs a good break-in period. I want it to start forming to my body with the gun holstered so it will break-in with the correct shape. I'll then start to loosen it up by hand for some drawing and re-holstering exercises to get it completely broken in before I start carrying with it.

My initial impression, as this is my first HN product, is that it keeps my P-01 extremely well concealed at the 3:00 position. Because it's a high rider, I can easily conceal this pistol with nothing more than a T-shirt, since a good belt and this holster hug so close to my body. It's basically undetectable, very comfortable (even thought it hasn't fully broken in yet), and easily clears my rear and front pockets, so I have zero interference. I know now you can't go wrong with a High Noon product, and this is likely just the first of a few.
Accuracy, n. A certain uninteresting quality carefully excluded from human statements.

Offline Mastodon

Re: Received My Slide Guard This Week
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 01:11:34 PM »
Great!  yep, my PCR rides in a Slide Guard natural cowhide, and I love it.   8)
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »
I'm making people jealous at work with my Speedy Spanky paddle rig. :)

Offline CZnewbie13

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »
I'm ready to pull the trigger on the slide guard. Did you go with the button or the metal 'J' clip version??   ? curious on why you chose what your did?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 01:50:39 PM »
The Slide Guard is an Outside the Waistband carry, and as such, has belt loops. The Down Under is an IWB, and has the option of straps or C hook. I've used both, and prefer straps. :)

Darn thing just works solid - BTW, get the Rock Steady gun belt, too, if you can - makes everything work perfect.

Offline CZnewbie13

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 02:14:06 PM »
Thanx, I meant the down under

Offline Easy CZ

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 02:44:52 PM »
Mmmmmmm...that's purdy. Congrats.

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."
Pres. Barack Hussein Obama

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad."
Pres. Barack Hussein Obama

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 07:44:29 PM »
Wow, I just ordered a black, lined slide gaurd last week for my P-01.
Do you ave a picture?
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 04:43:10 AM »
The Slide Guard is an Outside the Waistband carry, and as such, has belt loops. The Down Under is an IWB, and has the option of straps or C hook. I've used both, and prefer straps. :)

Darn thing just works solid - BTW, get the Rock Steady gun belt, too, if you can - makes everything work perfect.
That's a nice rig.  Pretty awesome to see someone carrying a Phantom also.  See everybody, you can carry a full-size comfortably!
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »
Yes, quite comfortably!
There are other High Noon IWB rigs to look at now, too, the Bare Necessity, Upper Limit and Hideaway - go here to look. http://www.highnoonholsters.com/ Free rush service on them now. :)

Offline ArLEOret

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 12:32:54 PM »
Birds away, did you have to increase the pants waist size. I am a 34 but would probably need a 36?

anything