Author Topic: What kind of light for the side of Scorpion?  (Read 4760 times)

Offline fordemti

What kind of light for the side of Scorpion?
« on: January 28, 2015, 09:12:21 AM »
Still don't have mine but was wondering. What kind of Tac light would you suggest for the side of this? Just a pistol light like a TLR-1 or something else? Go.

Offline Nimdabew

Re: What kind of light for the side of Scorpion?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »
I have a surefirw M300 with clicky tail cap set aside just for this project. I bought it about a year and a half ago for my PCC and now I have a project to mount it on.
snakeye, no worries, I don't need someone in a leotard. :)

Offline Charlie-2-6

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 02:29:54 PM »
My SF X300 doesn't slide on as easy as on the Daniel Defense rail on my AR.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 08:27:07 PM »
I'll check to see how well my CZ branded NEBO works on there - that's a BRIGHT sucker for such a little light.

Offline Nimdabew

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 10:24:40 PM »
Looking at all of the videos of people shooting their scorpions, I think you might need to use a tape switch, a thorn tail, or something else to get the light further away from your support hand. The rails are just so small that you need to get creative. I am not sure how I am going to attach mine now...
snakeye, no worries, I don't need someone in a leotard. :)

Offline RSR

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 11:33:38 PM »
IWC stocks one of the better sets of light mounts I've seen...  With the short handguard and not being up to run a vertical foregrip on pistols, the cantilever flashlight mounts are pretty essential -- and they have both side and top rail mount options...

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/category/mount-n-slot/light-mount/

On my VZ58, I have my flashlight on the opposite side of my support hand with a cheap aa cree LED mounted -- still waiting on someone to finally issue a good and affordable tactical light in AA w/ barrel diameters similar to the CR123a lights...  Not ideal, but suits my needs there -- but the VZ58 appears to have similar length handguards...  I think I do prefer the light on the opposite side from my support hand though, but that requires a tape/pressure pad setup...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:41:46 AM by RSR »

anything