Author Topic: Trigger action  (Read 2684 times)

TheRodge

Trigger action
« on: January 02, 2006, 12:55:35 AM »
How is the trigger action of the SP01 compared to 75B?  Will I have to send it to one of the fantastic 4 (Miossi Gunworks, Angus, CZ or Matt) for an action job to get a smooth trigger?

Sportshooter

Trigger action
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 09:43:43 AM »
My SP01 is worse then those older 75B friends got, but I shot 2000rds and they +25000rds...

Offline Stuart

Trigger action
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 01:53:57 PM »
I thought my SP01 trigger was pretty much the same as my stock 75b...

both improved the DA when the hammer spring was replaced..and both seem to have the same amount of creep in SA mode..

I sent my SP01 off for action work..and it is far better than any I have felt.

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
Trigger action
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 08:51:28 PM »
Minimum of changing out the HAmmer Spring, we normall use a 15lb factory is like 22lbs
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline RioGrande481

Trigger action
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 10:23:21 PM »
Is there a trade-off between improved trigger feel and reliabily firing various types of ammo when using a #15 spring?

akscott60

Trigger action
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »
I had Angus do an action job on my tactical, and I have only had problems shooting S&B. I was getting light primer strikes about ever 15 rounds. It works fine with Blazer, which is great. Im cheap and poor.

Offline Stuart

Trigger action
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 12:30:22 AM »
WIth a 15# hammer spring..

I have been able to set off a variety  of primers..Winchester small pistol, Win Small Rifle, Remington, Federal, CCI ..and a variety of factory ammo including CCI Blazer, CCI blazer brass, Winchester Whitebox, Remington and PMC.

If I clip some coils on a 15#..plan on using only Fed small pistol primers.

Offline RioGrande481

Trigger action
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 03:49:09 AM »
akscott & eerw,

From what you say it looks like there would be no problem with anything I regularly shoot. Thanks for the excellent info!

I wonder, particularly with the Tactical version, if CZ might not be erring a little bit on the side of safety? Make the trigger require a little more deliberate effort while making sure it will set off any and all primers...

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
Trigger action
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 04:35:09 PM »
Generally speak ALL manufacturers over spring their guns.
Couple of reason, increased life span of the gun and reliabilty being the most important. Competitiors looking for an edge prefer lighter springs, better trigger sights, etc.:rolleyes
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline Miossi Gun Works

Trigger action
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »
As far as the hammer spring goes we use the 16 lbs spring as their is no real felt difference between the 15 and 16, the 16 just gives a bit harder hit on the firing pin.  Removal of any friction that steals the full force of the hit is why we polish parts of the frame and slide that has nothing to do with the trigger, sear and hammer, or is felt by the shooter.  If the firing pin or firing pin hole is rough or has a bur in it, it will cause friction that will steal the full force of its hitting the primer.  A little stoning and polishing goes a long ways.

Jim

Miossi Gun Works LLC
702 Park Dr
Monticello, IA 52310

Offline lukipsc

Trigger action
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 03:35:07 PM »
So you mean main spring? On spare parts draw it is number 21.
Draw spare parts CZ 75