Author Topic: New SA on the block  (Read 1589 times)

Unregistered(d)

New SA on the block
« on: April 09, 2002, 03:01:56 PM »
I just received my first CZ ever today (9mm 75B SA) and I must say I am very impressed with the fit and finish. It seems nearly ergonomically perfect in my hand and comes up to target extremely well.

The trigger has a little creep and just a little grit which I am sure will clear up with use. It is alot heavier than I'm used to but I'm coming from 1911's with 3-3 1/2 # pulls. I can't stand the thought of losing it to Mike @ CZ-USA for the time to do one of his world famous trigger jobs. I'll just dry fire alot and see how it works out.

I've briefly shot a 75B and a PCR but never fully appreciated their finishes. This is one beautiful pistol ! If I can get Hakan to make me some grips with the same palm swell and thickness I will be even happier.

Now I'm just concerned that I could end up liking this pistol more than my Kimber ! Range report to follow.

Offline VonFatman

New SA on the block
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 10:20:23 PM »
Congratulations SingleAction!
I want one...and I already have one (kinda), mine is a converted 75B...by Mike @CZ-USA.
I may buy a real deal factory SA like yours some day.
Hope you get the gun to the range soon.
Best wishes.
VF
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
- Richard Henry Lee

Offline raro

New SA on the block
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 05:47:43 AM »
SingleAction,

I have had an SA in .40 cal for a year.  I have done nothing to the trigger except use it to fire or dry fire.  The trigger pull is 3-3/4 pounds.  When originally purchased the trigger was as you described.  It has really smoothed out since then.  BTW, I prefer the CZ over my Kimber.  Shoot safe, and enjoy your SA!

Ralph

anything