Author Topic: Help please  (Read 2881 times)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: Help please
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 10:38:34 PM »
It is sad that even a store like Cabelea's will hire people to work the Gun Counter that doesn't really know their stock....even the used Guns
Here's a nice pic showing the Sear Cage
The Firing Pin Block Lifter is seen to the left of the Spring in this Pic:

If yours isn't there, and the KADET Upper is marked "KADET 2", it could be one of the earlier KADET 2 Pistols
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:46:27 AM by DenStinett »
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline cntrydawwwg

Help please
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 12:02:54 AM »
It may be dirtier, but my Kadet 2 has run flawlessly on Thunderbolts so far.
    Hopefully you find ammo that runs good for you.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline eastman

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 12:23:10 AM »
It may be dirtier, but my Kadet 2 has run flawlessly on Thunderbolts so far.
    Hopefully you find ammo that runs good for you.

I'm hoping the thorough clean and lube was all that is needed. A set of factory rubber grips should arrive early next week, so it will match my other 75-series pistols.

I have 6 or 7 different brands of .22LR sitting around, so it should find something it likes. Just about everything loves MiniMags. My Charger loves Thunderbolts. Maybe I'll discover the Kadet's favorite meal is Golden Bullet or Aguila Super Extra?
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Joe L

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 07:12:38 AM »
The Aguila Super Extra will run fine.  I shoot Norma Tac 22 in matches and practice, haven't shot much of anything else in a couple of years.  Before that CCI Minimags with no problems.  If it is cold where you are, just use oil on the slide rails and keep the chamber and breech face clean.  I've put up dozens of photos of my trashed Kadet which runs fine when it is lubed with light oil and the firing pin hole is clean. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline eastman

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 07:01:02 PM »
The Aguila Super Extra will run fine.  I shoot Norma Tac 22 in matches and practice, haven't shot much of anything else in a couple of years.  Before that CCI Minimags with no problems.  If it is cold where you are, just use oil on the slide rails and keep the chamber and breech face clean.  I've put up dozens of photos of my trashed Kadet which runs fine when it is lubed with light oil and the firing pin hole is clean. 

Joe

My only options here in the DPRI are indoor ranges, so they aren't that cold in the winter (mid-50s when it is close to zeroF outside). I'm going to set up a buffet of .22LR for the Kadet to sample next range trip and see how things go.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 07:48:50 AM »
Eastman--The only other consideration you need to be aware of is that the Aguila primer takes a little harder hit than the Norma or CCI.  I did some cold weather testing yesterday and noticed two variations.  One was the velocity and ability of the ammo to make the gun cycle properly.  The other was the tendency to have misfires.  Note this was at 35F.  Here is what I found.

Norma Tac 22 and Match--always fired but wouldn't cycle the gun when the ammo was cold.  Very accurate.  Very reliable when warm.
CCI AR Tactical--always fired and always cycled the gun, but much stouter than the others.  Probably 1200-1300 fps even cold.
Aguila Super Extra high velocity--would cycle the gun but had misfires.  I've observed a few misfires even in warmer temp.  Would have to run an 18 lb hammer spring or higher for me to use any Aguila ammo in a match
Federal AutoMatch--would not cycle the gun cold but no misfires.  This ammo usually runs fine warm.

I think the misfire is due to differences in the way the various manufacturers make the primer end of the cartridge.  CCI and Norma tend to be very reliable.  Aguila and some others, not as good.  This is why I have standardized on the Norma, at least in warm weather.  My bet is that the CCI Minimags high velocity is very similar to the AR Tactical.  I think the velocity difference stated on the CCI website is 35 fps, 1200 versus 1235 for the AR Tactical.  I would have to re-zero the gun for the 1235, cold weather or warm.  Hot stuff.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline eastman

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »
After the cleaning and lube job last week, I added the new pair of CZ Factory Rubber grips last night. I took it out to the range this afternoon.

I started with the same box of Win SuperX. Loaded 5 in the magazine. First round - fail to eject, just like last time. Cleared the jam and fired it. Repeated the firing process 3 more times until the mag was empty. In loading the rest of the box (60-70 rounds), no errors after the first round. Guess the lube job worked. Tried  one 5-shot group with Aguila Pistol Match, but the group wasn't any better than the SuperX.

Tried 25 rounds each of Remington Golden Bullet (HP), Federal Automatch and CCI MiniMag (HP). All fired reliably with Golden Bullet and Automatch getting the best accuracy (so far).

Next range trip will be a head to head competition between the Kadet and the Ruger Mk II to see who eats what better. The Mk II has functioned flawlessly with HV .22LR over the last 20+ years. I seem to recall MiniMag and SuperX were its favorites for accuracy.

Update -
The Kadet has continued to be reliable, so the clean and lube must have been desperately needed. Accuracy wise, in a head to head competition with the Ruger Mk II, the Mk II won with all brands of ammo tried (3 groups each). Hoping to repeat this in a few days using a rest to see how much of that is the pistol and how much is me (also in a range where I am not surrounded by AR shooters).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:14:12 PM by eastman »