Author Topic: TTaG's gotten their hands on one of the P-09 mules for US Govt. MHS competition.  (Read 3874 times)

Offline AR

What parts do you want/hate for your P-09 ?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/02/jeremy-s/obscure-object-of-desire-cz-p-09-mhs-trials-pistol/

Cool~~weird stuff here.

Guess our boys won't be carrying a CZ into battle.
"Ten-round magazines are available, for those who live where the populace keeps electing idiots for legislators."
Jeff Quinn, gunblast.com
6/27/14

Offline Cyanide

Only thing I am going to do with mine besides shoot the living heck out of it, is to send it to Stuart and the gang at CZC so that they can do a few mods on it to lighten the trigger pull.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
I wish I would have picked up one of these.

Offline topptc

I thought I would make my first post a good one. Just picked-up a MHS P-07 Flat Dark Earth 40. I found it at a LGS and was not quite sure what I was looking at when I first seen it. Apparently, it is 1 of 5 that was brought into the US according the the TTaG's article linked above. I did not realize it was DAO nor did I know about the very limited number of these sidearms that made it here. Extremely happy about the purchase yet anxious about the double action only feature. Going to test drive it tomorrow afternoon. By the way, this is my first CZ purchase.

Offline Stuart

Very nice find. I heard the 40sw were around. But didn't know where.
may I ask where you are?  Did they have only the one?
Selling price?
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

Offline topptc

I picked it up at the Premier Gun Show in Pasadena TX today. The dealer was S.A.W. Inc.... I did ask the fellow if that was the only one he had and he said yes. You might want to call their shop, maybe he meant with him or at the show. I am concerned with the DOA and might be for sale pretty quickly. It has the same feel of my Ruger P95DC. Paid 469.00 plus tax. Going to field strip, it clean and test tomorrow. I may be jumping the gun, but I'm already wondering if there are any mods for it.

Offline Psyop96

Topptc - the gun gods were smiling down on you! DAO is just a frame of mind to acquire and to enjoy. Wish I had one of those to go with this DAO and to compare. Of course, not a fair comparison at this point as it has Schmeky's RRK and 7lbs 5 oz DA touch done to it. Still, it wasn't a bad DAO in the original configuration. Hope you and all the lucky souls to acquire one of these MHSs enjoy them. Congrats.

Offline AR

I wonder if you might consider locking that one away.  Not saying it will be worth having 1 of 2 known Lugers in .45ACP, but there might be some greater value down the line?
"Ten-round magazines are available, for those who live where the populace keeps electing idiots for legislators."
Jeff Quinn, gunblast.com
6/27/14

Offline Saltydecimator

holy balls i will give ya 500 for it!!!

Offline Angus Magnus

Its seems like people like the looks of the P-07 in FDE with the matching slide. Why wouldn't CZ offer a run of these?
Seems like it wouldn't require any great effort on their part and they would sell like hotcakes!

PS- Put me down for one...

Offline 762hurts

CZ P-09 MHS DAO FDE IN .40cal(NOT 9MM) at ImpactGuns for 517.42

Not a typo. Just called and asked. 1 LEFT!!!

Go get it!

I'd buy another. But that seems redundant

Offline Angus Magnus

Thanks for the heads up!

Just went on and ordered one for $499 and there was another listed for $517

Don't know what the difference is. I tried calling but they were already closed... hope I didnt just order the cutaway version or something...

I will call tomorrow and find out what it is I just ordered. Hopefully it was a mislabeled P-07!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:40:17 PM by Angus Magnus »

Offline Angus Magnus

I called impact this morning to find out what the 2 pistols listed were: The $517 is new and the $499 is used.
I had them change my order for the new one and that leaves the used one still in stock. I was advised the used one might not include a case or some of the accessories.

Apparently they received them in late November but received no P07's. It will probably be fruitless but I will continue to search for one...

In the TTAG article it states "the MHS CZs also have special trigger pins and trigger return springs".
Anyone know what is special about the pins? Are they different size from the standard? Could the trigger be switched to a standard DA/SA?

Offline Psyop96

Congrats. Looking forward to range reports. Please don't make them safe queens

Offline topptc

Congrats. Looking forward to range reports. Please don't make them safe queens

Nope, Only five of them brought into the states. My P-07 40 MHS FDE has been oiled and put up. My Dancing Lion stays a virgin.

anything