Author Topic: What is the difference internally of a Scorpion "S1" vs "A1"  (Read 27800 times)

Offline steele6599

What is the difference internally of a Scorpion "S1" vs "A1"
« on: February 25, 2016, 11:58:16 AM »
So just curious not that I would consider changing anything on mine...  Like the 3 round burst selection how is that done?  I would love to see some pics or explained...

Thanks.

Offline akuser47

Re: What is the difference internally of a Scorpion "S1" vs "A1"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:12:17 PM »
Different hammer, auto sear,cam, and disconnector, I would bet. Cz literally has 2 different trigger packs civilian and leo military. Though I have never set them side by side this is what I've seen in many other rifles unless I'm forgetting something. Maybe some LEO can help us on what CZ used specifically.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:18:15 PM by akuser47 »

Offline este

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
A= Army
S= Semiauto
1= 9mm
2= 40sw

Differences in the Army model are the select fire trigger pack, the markings on the receiver sides, and to the best of my knowledge, there is a cooling shroud over the barrel in at least some models.

Offline steele6599

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 12:37:28 PM »

Offline mursalot

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 11:57:44 PM »
Where can I get part #39? I'm a fan of the "wings"
2 things you never want to hear when you pull the trigger:

"click" when you expect it to go "bang" and

"bang" when you expect it to go "click"

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 12:36:32 AM »
You might be able to get one at CZ-USA.
The S1 is unable to be changed to the A1 by design, and attempting to do so would be a federal offense. Discussing how it could be done can be prosecuted as conspiracy to violate NFA '34 - ATFE has absolutely zero sense of humor.
Now if you would just like to see how the A-1 design works, there might be a video around somewhere of it, probably narrated in Czech. Considering no police agency or military in the United States has adopted the Scorpion A1, I doubt there would be any video in English.

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 09:45:04 AM »
There are a lot of moving parts in the auto version's trigger pack.

Very interesting. Some of the stuff is pretty obvious how it works and not very different from other autos, like the sear trip (55), but there are some weird parts in there, specifically part numbers 50 and 53. What does a "hammer lever pin" do? Part 59 is a weird one, too.

Looks like every part in the trigger pack is different, to include the metal trigger case. I would not be surprised if the plastic housing and receiver are also different. The bolt probably also has a ramp to trip part number 55, though the ramp isn't visible in the drawing.

Offline russdiculous

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 10:06:38 AM »
Looks like every part in the trigger pack is different, to include the metal trigger case. I would not be surprised if the plastic housing and receiver are also different. The bolt probably also has a ramp to trip part number 55, though the ramp isn't visible in the drawing.

Yep - I would bet to keep it from being "easily convertible" there were some changes made to the bolt and possibly trigger pack dimensions so that the A1 lower won't just drop into a S1.

Offline majulook

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 11:41:16 AM »
Wondering what the cost and availability of part 74 is?

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 02:04:24 PM »
with a burst cam, if you pull the trigger and release it after only 1 or 2 shots were fired (pulling a single or double), the next time you pull the trigger, you will only get the third shot and you'll have to reset the trigger and pull again
That's true with the M16 style burst mechanism, but others, notably HK, have figured out how to make the burst mechanism reset with the release of the trigger. I'm guessing, since the ratchet has pawls on one side only, the A1 resets regardless of the number of shots fired in a burst.

That being said, burst seems like an unnecessary mode.

Offline mursalot

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 06:53:24 PM »
I didn't notice this topic was months old until I had a reply typed up, so I'm not just going to delete it now.

Sorry about that. I have a habit of refreshing older threads that leave me with questions. Like where can one find part 39? As far as I know, CZ-USA only sells the S-1 version and not the A-1 version. I don't even know why they even made the change in the 2016 (gen2) models. It's not as if it's a 922r compliance part.
2 things you never want to hear when you pull the trigger:

"click" when you expect it to go "bang" and

"bang" when you expect it to go "click"

Offline czevo3a1

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 01:49:24 AM »
Hi

Sorry to drag up and old topic. However I'm curious as to know the internal difference between an S1 & an A1.

I own an EVO 3 A1. So can provide some internal photos if anyone is interested?

Offline Buckshot Barry

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 09:06:28 AM »

Offline czevo3a1

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:01:52 PM by czevo3a1, Reason: images wont load »

Offline Buckshot Barry

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 08:25:20 PM »
Thanks for that photo.  I've searched high and low for one.

Is the bolt different too?  I was under the impression that they were.

I'm  not sure, I just ran across it when saving the A1 parts diagram. I REALLY like czevo3a1 photos!