Author Topic: New Kadet conversion  (Read 1548 times)

ezcz

New Kadet conversion
« on: March 15, 2002, 02:24:51 PM »
Having been a fan of the CZ75B for a number of years, I decided to get a conversion kit.  It just came today.  Right out of the box, I fired 30 rounds of CCI Mini Mags, 10 Federal Lightnings, 10 CCI SGB, (small game bullet),  and 10 Winchester T22 standard velocity.  2 FTE's with the T22's, all others functioned flawlessly.  The kit fit fine without any adjustment and the accuracy at 30 meters is sensational.  Both CCI rounds stayed within 1 & 1/4 inches, the Lightnings spread to nearly 2 inches, the T22's grouped lower but not quite as good as the CCI's.  No feed problems, no undue fouling either.  I will not modify anything yet, but will hone the slide rails with a rotten stone and possibly polish the feed ramp.  This kit is well worth the money. PS: 5 shot groups fired from a rest bolted to a corner fence post.  First 20 shots(CCI Mini Mags) fired freehand  nearly 5 inches.  The bifocals did it!

Offline VonFatman

New Kadet conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 08:23:11 PM »
ezcz,
            Fantastic.  I too have a Kadet Kit.  It is really a wonderful tool!  I need to shoot mine more, my only problem!

VF
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
- Richard Henry Lee

ezcz

New Kadet conversion
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2002, 04:17:24 PM »
Called Mike at CZ today,  after 250 rounds I had 3 FTF's, He's shipping a new firing pin at no charge.  He already shipped me a mag spring retainer pin at no charge.  Great customer service.  Very nearly eliminated FTE's using instructions I found here, got a little more work to do though.  Most accurate ammo so far is Federal Classic, 7/8 inch at 25 yards from a vice/rest. That's the best group, not the average,  I have'nt shot enough of the Federal to get a good average.