Author Topic: Magazine Compatibility Master List  (Read 215909 times)

Offline homewrecker07

Re: Magazine Compatibility Master List
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2016, 04:34:36 PM »
Is there an already existing google doc that has all this?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
Is there an already existing google doc that has all this?

Nope
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline nmcarbine

« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2017, 09:54:54 PM »
Are these the correct mags for the SAR Arms B6P 9mm?

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/eaa/sar-b6-full-size-magazine-9mm-17rd/

Just want to make sure I got the right ones before ordering...  Thanks!

I have one in my hand and the printed label on the wrapper says B6P 17+1 and they are what I sell with and are identical to what is with the K2P so I assume they are the correct ones.

Offline nmcarbine

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2017, 01:25:55 PM »
I am discussing a new magazine I got in another thread, but thought I would mention it here for added thread value and hopes there is more information about the mag.  The mag was sold to me by the distributor as a SAR K2P mag, but the mag was stamped "MG WIT 9-SF" and had a metal base plate similar to what the K2P mag has, but the mag seems to be slightly longer and the leading edge of the mag, where it would meet the feed ramp, has been cut different and there is a hole in the face of the mag none of my SAR or TF mags have.

Offline nmcarbine

« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »
As an add-on to the story, the mag sold for the K2P marked as a Witness mag fit the Witness and the K2P.  Then I ordered the Witness version with the plastic base plate and it fits the Witness, but not the K2P, the base plate is too thick (high) I guess as it doesn't engage the mag release.  I am guessing some grinding or filing could rectify the situation.

Offline whiskeybravo

TriStar C-100 does not "lock" magazines from native CZ-75 Compact
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2017, 08:17:00 AM »
In early 2016, at the time I bought myself a hybrid CZ-75 Compact (i.e. my CZ Compact has an official build model # 99003 which is company sanctioned cross between a P-01 and a Compact D PCR), I also bought my wife a TriStar C-100 whose magazines match (capacity-wise) to my CZ compact. The TriStar is a beautiful clone, by the way, and is more than $200 less than the original. I got it for her so she would have the same quality for any carry or personal defense weapon that I would carry in a compact.

Anyway, I was disappointed to find out the TriStar C-100 does not "lock" in the CZ compact magazine I insert.  The reverse situation, though, does not have the same problem: My CZ compact correctly receives a magazine from the TriStar C-100.

Has anyone else had this same observation? And, in this type of general situation, is there a best course of action to follow? (perhaps, contact TriStar first, followed by a who-cares rejection from them, or maybe get a response of "yeah, we know about that, send us the two original TriStar magazines and we'll replace them") ??

I'm not about to take on any milling operation myself.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-WB
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:19:40 AM by whiskeybravo »

Offline jaegersapper

« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2020, 03:43:41 PM »
I don't know if this has been covered yet but, here is my 2 cents.

My Sphinx SDP mags fit and function perfectly in my CZ p-01.  But the CZ p-01 mags are about an 1/8 inch too short and will not lock in the Sphinx. 

Having FTF issues with my Jericho 45.  I think I'll try witness 45 mags.

Jaeger out

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2020, 06:46:31 PM »
Having FTF issues with my Jericho 45.  I think I'll try witness 45 mags.

Mec-Gar .45 Witness Magazines should work.

FWIW, I've cured problems with my Witness Magazines with Wolff +10% strength Magazine Springs.
Also, depending upon how old your Jericho .45 is, there was a change to the Magazine Latch in the late 1990's.
The newer Magazine Latch holds the Magazine a bit higher in the Frame for better feeding.
I replaced the Magazine Latch in my 1992 era .45 Witness and it's been great.

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2020, 02:51:56 AM »
I just purchased a Tanfoglio BTA90 that only came with one magazine. The original mags have a very nice a machined metal baseplate but they seem to be few and far between, so I'm looking for other options. The two most promising I've come across are this Magnum Research magazine and this EAA / Tanfoglio magazine. For some reason the latter link says it doesn't fit in the BTA90, but for the life of me I can't figure out why it wouldn't. I would prefer that magazine over the Magnum Research one because the baseplate is going to match the contour of the frame better.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Also, to help add more info to the compatibility list:

Jericho 941R accepts and locks open on the following magazines:
- new production IWI 16 round mag with metal baseplate
- CZ 75B 16 round mags with metal baseplate
- CZ 75B 10 round / short body mags with plastic baseplate

CZ 75B accepts and locks open on the following magazines:
- original IMI 16 round mag with metal baseplate

Tanfoglio BTA90
accepts and locks open on the following magazines (all protrude from bottom):

Everything appears to be interchangeable except the BTA90 mag is to short to fit in the full-size guns.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »
I just purchased a Tanfoglio BTA90 that only came with one magazine. The original mags have a very nice a machined metal baseplate but they seem to be few and far between, so I'm looking for other options. The two most promising I've come across are this Magnum Research magazine and this EAA / Tanfoglio magazine. For some reason the latter link says it doesn't fit in the BTA90, but for the life of me I can't figure out why it wouldn't. I would prefer that magazine over the Magnum Research one because the baseplate is going to match the contour of the frame better.

Unusual, because my Series 88 TA90 Compact will accept and run with the Small Frame Compact Witness Magazines.
Got a deal on some surplus Small Frame Witness Magazines and they've been excellent.
Could be someone got a hold of a pre-Series 88 Compact TA90 and tried those Magazines in it.

Series Compact TA90

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2020, 01:25:28 AM »
Unusual, because my Series 88 TA90 Compact will accept and run with the Small Frame Compact Witness Magazines.
Got a deal on some surplus Small Frame Witness Magazines and they've been excellent.
Could be someone got a hold of a pre-Series 88 Compact TA90 and tried those Magazines in it.

Series Compact TA90

Did yours come with the ambidextrous safety or is it aftermarket?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2020, 07:09:32 PM »
Did yours come with the ambidextrous safety or is it aftermarket?

Both my Full Size and Compact Series 88 TA90's came with the Ambidextrous Safety Installed and it was Standard OEM for that build.
Early in the production cycle, they installed the Right Side only Safeties, using up parts from the previous models,
and I have seen examples of both.

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2020, 08:24:28 PM »
Both my Full Size and Compact Series 88 TA90's came with the Ambidextrous Safety Installed and it was Standard OEM for that build.
Early in the production cycle, they installed the Right Side only Safeties, using up parts from the previous models,
and I have seen examples of both.

Mine has a 1988 production code, so that would explain it.

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2020, 07:55:14 AM »

Also, to help add more info to the compatibility list:

Tanfoglio BTA90

Everything appears to be interchangeable except the BTA90 mag is to short to fit in the full-size guns.

If you don't mind, I am borrowing your list and add some more to it.

- All Canik P120 and similar full size frames

Tanfoglio BTA90

Canik Full frames CZ clones (Tristar) accepts and locks open on the following magazines:
- all CZ 75b and comparable full size frames

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2020, 10:05:19 PM »

I just got the one from Greg Cote LLC in the mail and I can see why it's claimed as not being compatible with the BTA90. It will lock into my pistol, but only with a hard smack to seat it. A few tenths of a millimeter of tolerance here and there, and it might not work in other pistols of the same type.

The problem appears to be that there isn't quite enough distance between the catch and the top of the baseplate. The plastic baseplate on this one is quite a bit thicker where it grabs over the magazine body than my OEM metal baseplate. To make this mag work better I will probably either open up the catch recess or shave down the top of the baseplate.

On a purely aesthetic note, the plastic baseplate does not match the contour of the frame and juts forward by about 3/32". I will probably re-profile it to match with a file or sander.

anything