Author Topic: Magazine Compatibility Master List  (Read 215912 times)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Magazine Compatibility Master List
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2020, 05:07:03 PM »
The problem appears to be that there isn't quite enough distance between the catch and the top of the baseplate. The plastic baseplate on this one is quite a bit thicker where it grabs over the magazine body than my OEM metal baseplate. To make this mag work better I will probably either open up the catch recess or shave down the top of the baseplate.

I would shave down the top of the Baseplate and leave Magazine Catch Notch alone, but that's just me.

Disassemble the Magazine and see if the Magazine Body without it's Baseplate will Latch in, first.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline TonyW1989

« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2020, 02:00:56 PM »
My brother has a Mod. TA90 Cal 9mm parabellum armi fratelli  TANFOGLIO spa.... And is unable to find compatible magazines... I want to surprise him for his birthday with something that will fit and work properly... HELP

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2020, 04:21:12 PM »
My brother has a Mod. TA90 Cal 9mm parabellum armi fratelli  TANFOGLIO spa.... And is unable to find compatible magazines... I want to surprise him for his birthday with something that will fit and work properly... HELP

Hard to say without knowing exactly which model Vintage your brothers Pistol is.

Pre-series 88 Tanfoglio Pistols will use Pre-B Cz75 Magazines.

Pre-Series 88 Tanfoglio Tz75/TA90

Series 88 and later Tanfoglio Pistols can use Mec-Gar Cz75B Magazines and current small frame 9mm EAA Witness Magazines

Tanfoglio TA90 Series 88 with Mec-Gar 19 round Cz75B Magazine
Tanfoglio/RIA MAP1 with Mec-Gar 19 round Cz75B Magazine

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline TonyW1989

« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2020, 09:50:22 PM »
I found out something weird that I never heard of about my brothers TA90... I was trying to figure out the exact year and model of it to determine what type of magazines to search for. I found out that it's a AU Model year. But I don't know what this means in reference toe searching for compatible magazines..

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2020, 03:02:35 PM »
I found out that it's a AU Model year.

That would place manufacture somewhere between 1988 and 1989.  Posting a pic of it would help matters in determining it's exact configuration, but with what info you have provided, I believe that it is a Series 88 Tanfoglio Pistol.

Offline Cartonio

« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2020, 01:41:22 PM »
Any update would be appreciated. I have a TZ75 and just purchased 2 witness mags and have run into the same issue with the base plate. Anyone know of a source for the metal ones? Same place has unicorns I imagine...

Offline RL Johnson

« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2020, 09:29:44 PM »
I own a SAR 2000 and a CZ 75B pistol both in stainless steel. The CZ magazines will not work in the SAR 2000 but the SAR 2000 magazines will work in the CZ 75B they stick out the bottom by about 1/16". The CZ 75B magazines would not lock up in the pistol. My brothers CZ SP01 magazines would work in the SAR 2000. Really like the SAR 2000 it is more capable than I am.

Offline Hatecraft

« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2020, 10:51:03 PM »
I mistakenly ordered some of the Mec-Gar 19 round CZ75B magazines with the "Drop Protection System" baseplates instead of the regular 19 rounders I've been using for years.  Happy accident is that they seat much more easily in my B6P than the older versions do.  The new ones don't require quite the "nudge" to get them to lock in as the old ones do.

Offline 7candlesburning

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2020, 01:51:09 AM »
I own a Norinco NZ85B. The Tangfoglio/EAA witness 15 rounder mags (plastic base plate, with red plastic followers) fits also.

Offline CaptainKniferun

• Never cook bacon naked.
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2020, 09:29:54 PM »
I own a SAR 2000 and a CZ 75B pistol both in stainless steel. The CZ magazines will not work in the SAR 2000 but the SAR 2000 magazines will work in the CZ 75B they stick out the bottom by about 1/16". The CZ 75B magazines would not lock up in the pistol. My brothers CZ SP01 magazines would work in the SAR 2000. Really like the SAR 2000 it is more capable than I am.
Just got my hands on one myself. Can confirm OEM CZ-75 magazines will not work with the SAR 2000, they don't quite reach high enough to lock in, despite locking the slide back if held in place. I will add that Mec gar CZ 75 17 round magazines, while requiring a firm smack, will seat inside the gun, and lock back. Will need ammo and time to see if there's any issues using them inside the gun.
"Friendly fire...isn't..."

Offline kabic

« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2022, 10:09:10 PM »
I have a Sar B6P and a Sar CM9. The B6P came with magazines with metal floor plate, the CM9 plastic.

What fits the B6P:
ACT 17 round magazine
Mecgar 19 round
Mecgar 17 round if you smack it in hard

CM9 does not fit, won't lock in

What fits CM9
ACT 17 round magazine
Mecgar 19 round
Mecgar 17 round
B6P but there is a small gap.

Offline CZMikey

« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2022, 06:31:40 PM »
Jericho 941 FS and Mec-Gar 17 and 19 round mags.
They would not latch in, not even slamming. 
Filed off a mm or two from the top of the plastic followers, now they latch in perfectly.   8)
Just my 2 cents.   
Retired guy, with more dollars than sense, but lotsa cool guns.

Offline SlimTim

« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2023, 05:28:12 PM »
Howdy, hoping this old post still has life and can offer some 4-1-1 for a confused old guy.

Dug out a Tanfoglio TA-90 that I bought somewhere around 2014ish.  Nice gun, would like at least one more mag for it, perhaps a few.  I gather it's not so simple.  Here are the vitals:
Model: TA-90 as previously stated
Date Code: AN (born on date 1985, right?)
Serial Prefix: AB (I gather not relevant)

Twixt all the model numbers and manufacturer names tossed about, I'm thoroughly lost.  I'm thinking I need a CZ75 pre B mag, but again, I'm confused.  Hep a brother out please!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 08:20:05 AM by Wobbly, Reason: Mods reset photo width »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2023, 03:57:26 AM »
Howdy, hoping this old post still has life and can offer some 4-1-1 for a confused old guy.

Dug out a Tanfoglio TA-90 that I bought somewhere around 2014ish.  Nice gun, would like at least one more mag for it, perhaps a few.  I gather it's not so simple.  Here are the vitals:
Model: TA-90 as previously stated
Date Code: AN (born on date 1985, right?)
Serial Prefix: AB (I gather not relevant)

Twixt all the model numbers and manufacturer names tossed about, I'm thoroughly lost.  I'm thinking I need a CZ75 pre B mag, but again, I'm confused.  Hep a brother out please!

You are quite correct in that your Pistol is of the Pre-Series 88 configuration and that a Pre-B Cz75 Magazine should work in it.
However, Pre-B Cz75 Magazines are quite scarce and expensive these days. But there is another option.

There is a frame modification that may allow you to use more modern small frame Tanfoglio Magazines and Mec-Gar Cz75B 17 and 19 round Magazines.  See this thread: https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=39056.0

Offline SlimTim

« Reply #194 on: October 11, 2023, 03:42:58 PM »

You are quite correct in that your Pistol is of the Pre-Series 88 configuration and that a Pre-B Cz75 Magazine should work in it.
However, Pre-B Cz75 Magazines are quite scarce and expensive these days. But there is another option.

There is a frame modification that may allow you to use more modern small frame Tanfoglio Magazines and Mec-Gar Cz75B 17 and 19 round Magazines.  See this thread: https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=39056.0

Thanks for the response!  I'll check the link for the mod, I'm reluctant to mess with such things unless very simple as God supplied me with 10 thumbs. 

I have located a magazine described as a TZ-75 mag, did they come in more than one flavor, or should it work for my TA-90?  Thanks again!

anything