Author Topic: Uh-oh, could it be...  (Read 8238 times)

Offline Cyanide

Uh-oh, could it be...
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:10:10 AM »
Found another stray CZ 100 to adopt, but this one is a .40 model. Put it on layaway from a GB vendor, and after I can get it paid for in full, I am going to swap out the stock recoil spring and plastic guide rod for a Wolff Glock 19 steel guide rod and 24# recoil spring per the archives of Old Coastie's writings. A few vendor-supplied pics:

Offline 762hurts

Re: Uh-oh, could it be...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 03:00:26 AM »
Is that 3?

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 07:36:52 PM »
Is that 3?
Technically yes, but I sold the first one I had to a friend last year (the traditional U.S. model w/adjustable sights, grooved trigger, LCI pin, open bottom trigger guard).

Offline 762hurts

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 12:56:06 AM »
I want a newer 9 with fixed sights and loaded chamber indicator with trigger guard cutout. Then I'll have a perfect combo of both my 100's!

I don't hate the plastic sights like I thought I would. The target sights I'd love to have tritium put in.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:38:01 AM »
Sweet!
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline ac

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 06:44:12 AM »
Cyanide, can you do a before/after post giving your impression as a shooter when you make the swap of standard springs/recoil rod to the 24#/ Glock rod?
I don't shoot my 100 enough anymore, but I like to tinker and love to max out the user experience when I do.  Thanks in advance
Ac

Offline Tok36

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 07:48:22 AM »
Thank goodness that you are around to save these poor lonely CZs Cyanide. ;D A noble endeavor if I ever saw one. Gratz on the new addition to the gang!
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 04:59:42 PM »
Cyanide, can you do a before/after post giving your impression as a shooter when you make the swap of standard springs/recoil rod to the 24#/ Glock rod?
I don't shoot my 100 enough anymore, but I like to tinker and love to max out the user experience when I do.  Thanks in advance
Ac
I sure will!

Thank goodness that you are around to save these poor lonely CZs Cyanide. ;D A noble endeavor if I ever saw one. Gratz on the new addition to the gang!
It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. Thankfully I have 762hurts as my trusty assistant in this endeavor!

Offline Cyanide

Uh-oh, could it be...
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »
Haven't been able to get it to the range yet, but here is my newest addition beside it's (modified) little 9mm brother:

I've already installed the Wolff steel guide rod and 24# recoil spring, and it makes one heck of a noticeable difference on exertion of force to rack the slide. Something tells me that between it and the factory ported barrel, felt recoil is going to be much less than with the stock set up.

On a side note, now to get my Gen 4 Glock 23 out of layaway ASAP so that I can shoot both of them side-by-side?

If anyone would like more pictures, just tell me what angle of the pistol y'all would like to see. There's nothing really different between this and the 9mm model besides the ported barrel and smaller magazine capacity (10 vs 13).

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 07:10:18 PM »
My apologies for finally getting back to this for an update.

Between the factory ported barrel and the Wolff 24# Glock RS, this thing doesn't seem to have much more recoil than a 9mm, feeling like one loaded with +P ammo. Definitely made for a soft-shooting .40!

Offline ac

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 11:11:15 PM »
Thanks for the review.
I took my cz100 to the range a few months ago to just see how she compares to my current carry 9s.  She's a bit heavier on recoil, but accurate and great in the grip. 
The DA trigger is a bit to get re-used to after the super-short pull of my DA/SA Walther but it's still a nice pistol.

anything