Author Topic: Can a PCR, P01, and a "SP01" compact use the same holster?  (Read 10255 times)

Offline doitbby

Can a PCR, P01, and a "SP01" compact use the same holster?
« on: November 26, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »
I was going to order one from Osborn holsters and have to choose between P01 and 75 compact.  Thanks for the help

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
Re: Can a PCR, P01, and a "SP01" compact use the same holster?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 05:53:28 PM »
I have a High Noon Slide guard OWB, a Garrett OWB and a Tucker IWB on order. Both my PCR and my P01 fit with a little tweaking of the retention screws. So, In my humble opinion, if two out of three fit, I see no reason why the SP01 will not. Also on my High Noon is not formed on a decocker mold but on a compact with a safety and it's gradually taking on the decocker lever indentation. I really like the Garrett due to its minimal size and the fact it can be canted 360 degrees and I am using it as a cross draw/driving holster. In North Carolina we do not have an open carry law either for or against but we do have CCW laws.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 06:23:51 PM »
P01 and SP01 Tactical would be fine. In leather IWB all should work if holster is for decocker SP01 Tactical and hold all well. In OWB Kydex I would also buy for tactical which may also work for safety. Less likely that one for safety will work with both with much retention.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline doitbby

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 06:26:05 PM »
I really appreciate the help!!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »
I really appreciate the help!!
The SP-01 has a thinner frame because it's steel. I have a blade tech owd holster for my SP-01 that will NOT fit a P-01 frame.

The pistol on the right has a P-01 frame. Notice that line in the frame below the safety. It doesn't exist on the SP-01. That's the extra thickness for the alloy to be stronger on the P-01.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:49:34 PM by Scarlett Pistol »
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline SayHelloToMyLittleFriend

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »
What he said.  However if your OWB holster has an adjustable retention, it will fit.  I too have a Bladetech OWB holster, but it's the Black Ice model.  I loosen the retention and the P-01 fits.

Quote from: Scarlett Pistol

The pistol on the right has a P-01 frame. Notice that line in the frame below the safety. It doesn't exist on the SP-01. That's the extra thickness for the alloy to be stronger on the P-01.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:18:21 AM by SayHelloToMyLittleFriend »

Offline FLCZ

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 11:18:12 AM »
For my PCR I have UBG IWB and OWB snap loops. Great looking/made holsters that are a perfect fit. Nate also makes it for the CZ 75 9mm only, CZ 75 Compact and PCR, CZ 75 Compact P01, CZ 75 SP01 Phantom, and CZ 2075 RAMI.  I also have a Pancake from Lobo Gunleather being made.

[
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:20:57 AM by FLCZ »
CZ 75 BD, CZ 75 D PCR

Offline FlatFootedNinja

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 11:31:45 AM »
Can anyone speak to using the same holster for the PCR and P-01?

I've been wanting to try Stealthgear's hybrid holster for my PCR (Black Friday sale going on!), but they only have the P-01: http://stealthgearusa.com/holsters/sgusa-ventcore-holsters-for-the-ceska-zbrojovka-p-01.html.

Will you lose stability and retention since the PCR doesn't have a dust cover rail?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:06:21 PM by FlatFootedNinja »

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »

Will you lose stability and retention since the PCR doesn't have a dust cover?

Doesn't have a rail
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline quasiXBL

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 05:28:49 PM »

I've been wanting to try Stealthgear's hybrid holster for my PCR (Black Friday sale going on!), but they only have the P-01: http://stealthgearusa.com/holsters/sgusa-ventcore-holsters-for-the-ceska-zbrojovka-p-01.html.

Will you lose stability and retention since the PCR doesn't have a dust cover rail?

I use the same Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Solo for my P-01 and PCR. Retention and stability are almost identical between them, mainly due to being IWB and leather-lined. If we were talking about OWB and all-Kydex construction, I would definitely have concerns.

The Stealthgear holster you linked will probably be somewhere in between. Since it has an all-Kydex outer shell, I think the PCR might wobble a bit in it. But it would be mitigated by the inherent pressure that your body puts against it in a IWB holster.

If you're willing to spend $100 on the Stealthegear any way, you may want to consider the GI Silent Thunder Fusion. It's of similar design, and you'll get the benefit of the leather lining.

http://www.giholsters.com/product-p/hh1000.htm

Offline FlatFootedNinja

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »
Thanks quasiXBL, I appreciate the input and suggestions. The main reason the Stealthgear one caught my eye was for the backing. I'm in Arizona and tend to run hot and sweaty and heard good things about Stealthgear's backing for hot climates.

I'll check out GI Holsters as well!

bluedev84

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 09:58:57 PM »

First off good luck trying to get anything from Stealthgear......they list guns that they can make holsters for but I've been watching for years to pick one up for my P01 & PCR......they are never in stock and they didn't used to take orders.......though after checking it appears they many now......I quit trying several months back, maybe even a year ago...time flies......that being said I do have one of their IWB holsters for a J-frame.....its as good as advertised.  Back to your question, I have a Crossbreed IWB holster that I got for my P01 and I also use it for my PCR....it works great for both........so I'm sure if Stealthgear ever actually takes/fills orders it would work as well......and again it appears they do list a P01 but not PCR, so that is probably why, the holster is universal between the two.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:04:06 PM by bluedev84 »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 10:08:52 PM »

Probably too late, but since stealth gear has that unique backing and adjustable tension I'll better that a Holster for the classic 75 Compact would work.

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline FlatFootedNinja

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »

Probably too late, but since stealth gear has that unique backing and adjustable tension I'll better that a Holster for the classic 75 Compact would work.

Yea, it's been a bit of a cluster  :-\ I emailed Stealthgear and they claim that the 75 Compact holster wouldn't work. I've also been getting the run around about when a PCR holster will be available, so I ended up ordering a P-01 holster. If it doesn't work, I can always return it, try to sell it, or if I'm feeling crazy, might just try heating it myself and molding it to the PCR better  O0

Offline Deadtom

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 11:11:33 AM »

I use the same vedder P01 kydex holster for both and retention is acceptable for the PCR. Use it to carry both. P01 with fiber optic for day, PCR with night sights for night.