Author Topic: How to post pictures  (Read 55379 times)

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
How to post pictures
« on: December 13, 2016, 07:44:09 PM »
How to host Photos and Images on the CZ Forum   (Revised Oct 2022)

• We apologize, but this independent website is run on a shoestring budget. Directly hosting photos, as done on other sites, is not within our means. Other sites can do this because they are selling ad space and/or selling your private information. We do not do that. We sincerely hope you appreciate that fact enough to overlook this small inconvenience.

• In the past poor photo posting results were mostly due to wildly different standards between Apple and Microsoft products. Even in the Windows environment there were huge differences between Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape and other browsers. 99% of the complaints posted before ~2018 were due to browsers. However, the popularity of cell phones since 2018 has forced new industry display standards and most issues have disappeared. There are lots of tips and hints in the following posts, but please realize that if it was posted before 2018 it may no longer apply.

• A "photo hosting site" is required to post photos on CZ Forum. In previous years there were numerous free hosting sites. Some had virus issues, others severely limit entries. Others (like Google Photos) have inconsistent results. The one site we can recommend as of Oct 2022 is IMGUR (https://imgur.com/ ). IMGUR is free, allows some editing, almost a limitless number of entries and older photos aren't deleted.

Using our new guide, IMGUR will size and create HTML code that you can effortlessly Paste into your CZ Forum message.

Link to the updated Image Posting Guide... Click This Link
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 07:26:20 PM by Wobbly »
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Retro B

Re: How to post pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 06:11:46 PM »
I use a iPhone any recommendations on posting pictures with this?

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 06:14:48 PM »
I use a iPhone any recommendations on posting pictures with this?
Use the Tapatalk app.

[Mods Added: If you choose to use Tapatalk, then you MUST manually alter the image size to meet the CZF requirements. See the Image Posting Guide in the Important Information sub-fourum.]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:48:43 AM by Wobbly »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:46:56 PM »
Be advised that Photobucket has changed policy and "3rd Party Hosting", which is posting photos to a forum, is now only available for people who sign up for the $400 a year plan. Imgur does not have this restriction, at this point.

Offline Batuche

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »
Yes, this is very frustrating. There are so many posts which include photos which cannot be viewed any longer because of Photobucket policy. Any way to have them converted to a non-pay alternative?

Offline cntrydawwwg

How to post pictures
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
Yes, this is very frustrating. There are so many posts which include photos which cannot be viewed any longer because of Photobucket policy. Any way to have them converted to a non-pay alternative?
   There is a way to fix them.

YOU can FIX Photobucket Pics Yourself.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=23595&share_tid=91731&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eczfirearms%2Eus%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D91731&share_type=t
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »

There is also a Photobucket Hotlink Fix extension for Google Chrome that works on any site where Photobucket was used to post images. I linked it in the above thread.

Also, I am working on an updated walkthrough for posting images - I am looking at Postimage which also offers a plugin for SMF forums so it will be an easier solution all around. 
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Domer62

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 10:41:58 AM »
I just want to attach pictures from my laptop's hard drive not a image host,  but see nowhere to attach a file or picture. I see insert image but all I get is this when I hit it.  I am missing something so can anyone help?
Thanks

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 10:55:03 AM »
I just want to attach pictures from my laptop's hard drive not a image host,  but see nowhere to attach a file or picture. I see insert image but all I get is this when I hit it.  I am missing something so can anyone help?
Thanks

We do not permit picture uploads. Too much bandwidth.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Domer62

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 11:08:12 AM »
Got it and thank you for the help. I will use a image host site and see if I can get that to work.
Have a great day !!!

Offline RB18C

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 01:51:04 PM »
Good info! Thx

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 04:54:06 PM »
Got it and thank you for the help. I will use a image host site and see if I can get that to work.
Have a great day !!!
Easiest way is if you have a mobile device is to use the Tapatalk app and post photos from your photo library.

[Mods Added: If you choose to use Tapatalk, then you MUST manually alter the image size to meet the CZF requirements. See the Image Posting Guide in the Important Information sub-fourum.]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:49:33 AM by Wobbly »

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 09:19:18 AM »
If you notice at times your photos are not "right sized" in your post, then try this:

Inside the first square brackets of the HTML Image command add this:
After the "img", put a space, then the phrase "width=", followed by a pixel value, (say for example) "600".
Most of my pics use 650, some more some less.
You'll have to trial and error it to find your sweet spot.

The finished HTML command code looks like this (added part highlighted in blue)...

(img width=650]image_name.jpg[/img)

Hope this helps

[Mods Added: Numbers between 400 and 650 work best, otherwise the image cannot be viewed in its entirety. If you are using IMGUR, then you can have your images automatically pre-sized for you. See the IMGUR instructions for details.]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 12:18:05 PM by Wobbly »
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 04:40:50 PM »
I'm having good luck with Imgur and highly recommend it!  :)

https://imgur.com/
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2019, 04:46:02 PM »
I'm having good luck with Imgur and highly recommend it!  :)

https://imgur.com/

IMO one big advantage of Imgur is the option of uploading and sharing  images without an account...
"A man's character is his fate."