Author Topic: Light for a P-01  (Read 19649 times)

Offline czfan12

Light for a P-01
« on: April 15, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »
I'm working on getting a P-01 for beside the bed, and I'm planning on putting a light on it.  The single attachment slot has me a little concerned as to what lights fit/work well with it.  I've been all over Google, as well as checking the old threads here (most are 6+ months old on the topic).  Lots of info, and I'm sorting through the more current stuff to find some solid advice. 

Thought I'd take a more recent check to see what the good folks here are using or have used, and what has or hasn't worked well for them.  I'm primarily interested in a light only, though I'm open to a laser/light combo.  I'd like to keep the cost under $150, but could push that up a little if the value is there.

Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions/advice!

Offline Vinny

Re: Light for a P-01
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 12:48:39 PM »
In a recent CZ Forum thread, I noticed a picture of a Surefire XC1 that one of the members posted.  It looked perfect on the P-01; so I just got one from Optics Planet for my SP-01.  They just had a sale @ 20% off (code: FLASH20) so it was just over $200 all-in.  It's one of the smallest lights with decent 200 lumen output at only 1.6oz. One lithium battery inserts from front without dismount.

I also have a Streamlight TLR-4 laser/light but it's a bit large for a compact pistol; so I moved it from the SP-01 onto my new Mossberg 590 Shockwave; where it is perfect size and works awesome for shooting bulls-eyes with the Shockwave 'from-the-hip'.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Vinny

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »
P.S. Considering your objectives of <$150 for bedside use; the size of the Streamlight TLR-4 might be OK on a P-01. The smaller Surefire XC1 is better for holstering. The Streamlight TLR's are very durable with switchable light and/or laser. Last price I saw was ~$115.  Here's my SP-01 with the TLR-4 next to my P-01 to get size perspective.

"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 01:42:58 AM »
Honestly? The best light I had on my P-01 was the NEBO one sold on CZ-USA online store. Still mount it on the Phantom at night, easy to use, and not very expensive.

Offline Rutherford2

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 06:28:05 AM »
The Streamlight TLR-1/HL will fit, is in your price range and would serve you well.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:34:10 AM »
Here is mine with a TLR3. Don't like the look personally but it works fine. I'm going to get rid of it or put it on a different gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline woodstock31

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 08:06:33 AM »
I have had a similar experience. For what it is, it has held up nicely for the last 300-400 shots. I think I picked mine up on Amazon for under $40?

Honestly? The best light I had on my P-01 was the NEBO one sold on CZ-USA online store. Still mount it on the Phantom at night, easy to use, and not very expensive.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 11:10:28 PM »
A NEBO works.  One came with my P09 .40 S&W, part of the package I suppose.  I bought another one, way back there.  Still have both of them, mounted on the AR15 pistols.  Work great with the rail and the hand stop.

Back to the P01. 

I have a couple Streamlights.  A TLR1 and a TLR3.  I suppose the "1" should last longer as it runs off two CR123's but it's an aggravation every time I have to change the batteries.  I have to remove it from the gun to change the batteries since the batteries load from the rear and the door won't fully open with the light attached to the rail.  The "3" is easy to change out the battery.  Just unscrew the lens/cap and replace the battery before screwing the lens back on.

And yes, I do it with the gun loaded.  I just put it on safe, hold it by the frame with my finger off the trigger and unscrew the lens with my left thumb/trigger finger from the bottom of the light/frame.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline czfan12

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
Thanks to all for the suggestions.  As it turns out, I ended up with an SP-01 Tactical, and a Streamlight TL-3.  Like the pic with the SP-01 and the TL-4 a little earlier in the thread, it's a bit of as reach to get to the switch (fortunately, I have decent-sized biscuit grabbers!). 

I have a question for the TL-3/4 owners.  Key E is the recommended key, and fits the rail perfectly.  I did, however, notice that Key B come close to fitting (it's a little too big), and results in the light being a little closer to the trigger guard.  Has anyone tried filing/sanding down the Key B tab a little to make it fit better on the CZ rail and, if so, were you happy with the results?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:59:43 PM by czfan12 »

Offline kato01

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »
+1 on the TLR-1.  Exactly what I have on my P01, and its on my nightstand at night.

Offline Sgt45

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 09:56:19 PM »
Just got back onto the site after a LONG hiatus.  I have an X300/U on mine and use the Raven Vanguard 3.  I had the light on a Glock 41 with a DG switch.  It doesn't fit exactly, but it works.

Offline steppingcrane

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 02:10:58 PM »
I just bought the TLR-1 HL for my P-01, can't beat 800 lumens, serves as a defensive deterrent itself.  It's 4.1+ oz, but I don't even notice it, the gun still balances well due to the aluminum frame. 

Offline butodw

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 08:17:56 PM »
The Streamlight TLR-1/HL will fit, is in your price range and would serve you well.
I love my TLR-2 with green laser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk