Author Topic: Light for a P-01  (Read 19839 times)

Offline Sgt45

Re: Light for a P-01
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 09:46:02 PM »
I found the DG switch for a Springfield fits the CZ P 01 perfectly, a truly happy camper with the X300/U and a DG switch on one of my favorite CZ's.

Offline no.vale.la.pena

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 05:30:26 PM »
I found the DG switch for a Springfield fits the CZ P 01 perfectly, a truly happy camper with the X300/U and a DG switch on one of my favorite CZ's.

I Know this is a pretty old post but this setup with the DG switch definitely interests me.  Anyone used this set up or have a picture of it?

Thanks!

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 01:06:04 AM »
I grabbed this and it looks a little BIG on my P-01 but it works awesome. I have moved it around to other pistols also with equally good results! This is a TLR-4 with a red laser, pretty sweet!

I watched some Vids from Shot Show and it looks like lots of new cool lights/lasers are on the way! Surefire I believe or Streamlight, can't remember, will look it up if you can't find what you're looking for.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:12:01 AM by m1a_scoutguy »

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 08:22:14 AM »
I have an SP-01 Tac as well and the Streamlight TLR-1 fits perfect and keeps the toggle really close to the trigger guard making it easy to reach. Alos, look at the Olight PL-2 Valkyrie. It fits the SP-01 excellent as well.

Offline mig1nc

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 08:46:34 AM »
I have a PL2 on my P10c SR. It's about as long as the threaded barrel.

So far I'm loving it.

Check out the Streamlight TLR7 or 8. They look great on a P01. Google image search should have plenty to see.

Olight has a new mini light too, but I don't have any experience with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline rm06

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 04:33:26 PM »
I have a new InForce APLc after using the Surefire XC1, I much prefer it but now I need a new holster...

I have a Surefire X300U on a P-07 for house protection. I'm generally a Surefire light kinda guy but that XC1 was a POS

Offline Grasshopper2983

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2019, 12:27:20 AM »
I just picked up a new P01 Omega.  Put a Streamlight TLR7 on it.  Fits perfectly, and 500 lumens is more than enough for "bump in the night" work.    I think I paid just under $100 for the TLR7.

I'd attach a picture, but I'm new to this forum and cannot figure out how to do that.  SMH
CZ P01 Omega
H&K VP9
Honor Guard Honor Defense

Offline Robbtheslobb

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 10:26:49 AM »
For "bump in the night work" I prefer not to have a light mounted on my gun. I like to use just a normal tactical flashlight with strobe. I may not always want to point my gun at everything I need to point my light at. Most of the time it is a family member making the ruckus. I wouldnt want to point a loaded gun at one of my kids. Thats just my opinion

Offline Fantom

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 11:19:00 AM »
I?m liking my Olight mini valkyries.

Offline cosh

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 12:17:04 PM »
I?m liking my Olight mini valkyries.

+1
All sold - local laws. Too bad! :-(

Offline mig1nc

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 04:17:30 PM »
For "bump in the night work" I prefer not to have a light mounted on my gun. I like to use just a normal tactical flashlight with strobe. I may not always want to point my gun at everything I need to point my light at. Most of the time it is a family member making the ruckus. I wouldnt want to point a loaded gun at one of my kids. Thats just my opinion
The trick is to not point your gun. Bounce the light off the floor. Photons like to ricochet.

Offline hlpressley

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2019, 08:50:35 AM »

And yes, I do it with the gun loaded.  I just put it on safe, hold it by the frame with my finger off the trigger and unscrew the lens with my left thumb/trigger finger from the bottom of the light/frame.

What is the benefit of posting that?

Offline Robbtheslobb

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2019, 12:38:09 AM »
The trick is to not point your gun. Bounce the light off the floor. Photons like to ricochet.

I knew this response was coming. In my opinion it?s best to not have the light attached to the gun. Just my personal preference.

Offline RSR

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2019, 02:45:03 AM »
TLR7 - 500 lumens, great beam pattern, compact light, cr123a battery, and great light color. 

They're sub $95 on amazon right now.

You don't need more light than this indoors, and if you're going outdoors you want a rifle with a weapon light and an optic.

Offline mig1nc

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2019, 07:18:50 AM »

I knew this response was coming. In my opinion it?s best to not have the light attached to the gun. Just my personal preference.

Sure, and that's perfectly ok. It's not for everybody and does require a commitment to training around it.

I think the pros do outweigh the cons in the broader sense though. That's why you are starting to see more and more police agencies adopting pistol mounted lights. I read an article a few months back for example that looked at civilian (I think it was citizen and police) defensive shootings and found that in a very high percentage the shooter did not have both hands free. One hand was busy fighting off an attack, working a door, handling another person or animal, one hand may be disabled, etc... Police are realizing that the expectation that you'll have a free hand to hold a flashlight may not always be the case, particularly in their line of work.

Same with carrying a round in the chamber. You may not have the opportunity to chamber a round in a defensive shooting.

anything