Author Topic: Couple of CZ40B questions  (Read 4191 times)

Offline SSBN620GOLD

Couple of CZ40B questions
« on: June 09, 2017, 05:18:21 PM »
First, let me introduce myself. I'm a long time CZ fan, starting with their .22 rifles and owning a 75B. Been getting into pistols these past two years, starting with the 75, and recently came across a 40B. The only negatives I can see are a couple scratches on the slide, finish wear around the hammer pin and the far end of the slide stop is a bit rough. My guess is someone who was not too mechanically inclined was a bit hard removing these two pins. I don't have the opportunity to take the pistol down but it seems to feel like the action is ok. I'm a bit on the fence, even though I can get it for around $300. Are parts still available? Will a 75 slide stop fit if there is a problem there? I handled it, again, today and the grip on these really feels good, like shaking hands with an old friend.

Offline CZDad

Re: Couple of CZ40B questions
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 11:38:09 PM »
Parts might be hard to come by, they didn't make very many to start with.  I'm not sure if a 75 slide stop will fit.  I'd say try one..  I wonder if the 40P slide stop would work, but again finding one.

$300 seems to be an ok price for one. 

At least this gives you a free bump until one of the 40B guys comes along.

Offline slowgun45

• hunting guide leather-smith
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 01:50:58 AM »
sounds like a piece of junk tell me where it is and I will save you !! O0 O0  parts may be hard to find but they don't seem to have many issues over 2000 rds through mine any CZ 75 mags work and Cajun or CZ custom can upgrade 300.00 is a deal,i would grab it quick
slowgun45

Offline SSBN620GOLD

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 06:11:21 PM »
Ok, I looked at it, again, today. Only comes with one mag. I haven't tried this with my 75 but, when I slowly pull in DA and stop mid-way, the hammer cams back and stops at about where I would say a half cock is, then stays there when I take pressure off. Is that normal? Looked at the slide stop once more and it appears beveled on the tip. Can't tell if it is designed that way or just worn/damaged. As I said, it doesn't look like it was shown much care in break downs. I'm just not confident this particular pistol won't take more to bring it up to snuff than I'd rather. I know these are nice but sometimes less condition ends up more $.

One question for those more familiar with these: Do the circa 2001 guns have lighter slide stampings on the left vs the right? The CZ40 B stamping is much, much fainter than on the right side. I'm wondering if this might be one of the excess Colt slides milled and restamped?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:21:14 PM by SSBN620GOLD »

Offline CZDad

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »
If it is a Colt slide that has been remarked it will look like this.  I know it's a 40P, but they have the same slide.

Notice the line before the CZ and after the CZ stamp?  Everything inside those lines were milled out removing the Colt markings..

Offline SSBN620GOLD

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 11:10:19 PM »
I'll take a look next time I'm out that way. Pretty sure it will be there. I don't recall any deep milling in the slide. Just the lettering on the left is shallow compared to the other side.

Offline handgun2

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:29:59 PM »
Gold, 
yes, the hammer is functioning as intended. No worries.
cheers
K in MI

Offline Old Coastie

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 09:16:17 AM »
Your best bet for parts is probably Cajun Gun Works. If I remember correctly, the 40B shares internals with the 75B.
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

anything