Author Topic: CZ82 Pistols at Classic Firearms In Stock Notice  (Read 5852 times)

Offline il.bill

CZ82 Pistols at Classic Firearms In Stock Notice
« on: July 19, 2017, 09:04:21 AM »
If anyone is looking for a CZ82, I just received e-mail notification that Classic Firearms currently has listed as in stock: CZ-82 Pistol - 9x18 caliber Surplus Very Good Condition W /2 Mags  https://www.classicfirearms.com/cz-82-pistols?utm_source=instock&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=product_alert_email.

I have a couple left in my own collection and I do not think I would be willing to sell one for the $319.99 price they list.  You might want to take a look, especially if you have a C&R 03FFL - Classic will ship the CZ82 right to your door.

Offline il.bill

Re: CZ82 Pistols at Classic Firearms In Stock Notice
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:13:55 AM »
I just checked GunBroker (have not searched there for a while) and the 'completed auctions' show CZ82s selling for $250 to $400.  Apparently there are still some out there for sale.  I just wanted to pass the 'In Stock' notification along to the forum members.  I have not found a CZ82 for sale from any of the online sellers like AIM, J&G, Classic, Wideners, etc. for quite some time. 

Offline fteter

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:19:30 PM »
At the risk of sounding like a shill for Classic Firearms...

It's been a long time since we've seen a batch of CZ-82s from a dealer.  Price isn't bad considering the holster and the extra mag that's included.  And, at least from the video, the condition looks pretty good.  So, for those who have been looking to buy, you might want to jump on this.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:22:10 PM by fteter »

Offline jb1911

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:01:10 PM »
I got the same email and actually bought one off their site before I got the email.  I'll post pics and a few comments when it arrives.  I've been looking for one for quite a while now.  Glad I finally got one before it's too late.

Offline fteter

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »
And as of today, July 20th, the Classic website shows that they're out of stock.  If they're sold out, they sure went quick!

Offline il.bill

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 11:30:12 PM »
You have to be ready to "pull the trigger" on a deal - you snooze, you lose ... or something like that

Offline eastman

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 06:01:41 PM »
Between the time I signed up for the notification and the vz82 coming back into stock there, I bought 2 of them from other sources (1 from SOG, 1 from Cabela's).  O0
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline jb1911

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »
Mine arrived from Classic and it's a beauty! It's pretty much perfect except for a few scratches on the grips. The magazines look unused.

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 09:49:27 PM »
Mine arrived from Classic and it's a beauty! It's pretty much perfect except for a few scratches on the grips. The magazines look unused.

That looks great.

Offline il.bill

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 04:38:28 AM »

That looks great.

Oh yeah!

Those pictures are worthy of still another look.  Very nice photography of a great looking pistol.  That is the way the CZ82s looked five years ago.

My first C&R 03FFL purchase was a pair of CZ82 pistols from Widener's in June, 2012.  They arrived at my front door looking like they may have been unissued.  Then ... I learned a humbling lesson -

Following my usual 'used' firearm acquisition procedure, I immediately field stripped both of them to clean and lube, inside and out.  Imagine my dismay when my first nearly pristine CZ82 reacted to a spray of non-chlorinated brake cleaner by having large chunks of the painted finish peel off of the slide!  Ouch!

Lesson learned - you have to treat different firearm finishes (duh?) differently. The second one was more gently cleaned, very well lubed, and put away in storage to this day. I kept the white metal on the first CZ82 well oiled and took it out and shot it.  It ran great and sealed my affection (with numerous handguns to choose from, I used a CZ82 to eventually shoot my 30 round Illinois concealed carry qualification test) for one of my favorite pistol designs.  After a while I detail stripped that original CZ82 and used acetone to completely strip the paint off of the finish-damaged parts and 'cold blued' the steel slide / painted the alloy frame.  That pistol became my 'shooter' for several years until I eventually sold it and moved another CZ82 into its place in the range rotation.

I do not mean to ramble on so, but your pictures got the memory juices flowing.  I even had to dig out the remaining 'original' CZ82 Thursday and check it out.  It looks very nice slathered in Lucas Gun Oil.  After petting it a bit, I wrapped it loosely in its plastic bag and stuck it back into its original un-issued holster with the cleaning rod and lanyard (the second mil-surp magazine is serving on duty as a third mag for the current CZ82 'shooter' in the collection).  As of this week, I am down to only three CZ82s left after trading one in on a new Cimarron SAA .45 Colt Revolver.

I guess I had better check my Brown Bear and LVE 9x18mm Makarov ammo supply (a thousand rounds of each seemed like a huge amount several years ago) since now a CZ82 will be back at the top of my range rotation for at least the next month or so.

Happy shooting to jb1911 and all!

Offline eastman

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »
... I used a CZ82 to eventually shoot my 30 round Illinois concealed carry qualification test ...

I also shot my qual with the vz82. I think I was using PPU 9mm Mak (since I can't use it in the Radom P-64). It is my most common carry pistol (since the RAMI is on the table when I am running a CZ demo event).

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 05:09:52 PM »
Looks really nice, jb1911!

I also got one from the recent batch at Classic, but my experience wasn't as good.

I received a 1988 with a nice holster, cleaning rod, lanyard, and extra mag.  But despite having paid the extra $20 for "hand select", the "paint" on the slide is significantly worn on some edges, and worse is that when PW Arms applied their importer's mark, it clearly caused some paint chipping around their lettering, and there seem to be a couple of other paint chips as well.  Just doesn't look great.  :(  I don't know what type of finish is on the slide or what my options are for refinishing it, so any advice would be most appreciated.

This is the 2nd time that I have been disappointed in what Classic delivered as "hand select."  Two years ago I got another CZ82, that one from AIM Surplus and imported by CAI, and it was much nicer except for the grips, which I easily replaced.

One other observation:  Before putting these 82's on sale, Classic showed a video in which they had at least 2 large crates just full of 82's - must have been several hundred.  Yet they were sold out before noon on the day they went on sale, so must have been a lot of interest out there.  These are great guns, so that's understandable.  Must have been purchased by people who don't hang out here.
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline eastman

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »
I'm sure there was a lot of interest. I had it on "notify me when back in stock" for over 2 years by the time they actually got them in.

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 08:31:00 PM »
Me too.  That's how I first found out about them at Classic.  I got the notification the night before they posted the announcement video on their web site, so that was useful.
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline jb1911

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 12:01:04 AM »
I noticed they were in stock the night before I got the email, I ordered one immediately.  I must have got one of the first ones.  That's why it's in such good shape I guess.

anything