Author Topic: My 85 Combat rework  (Read 2016 times)

Offline wascal51

My 85 Combat rework
« on: July 19, 2017, 06:23:52 PM »
I've been a member for some years but haven't posted before. I just enjoy reading all the good stuff about CZ's. I own CZ shotgun's, a bolt action .22. an 85 combat and an old model 70. It is about the 85 and my recent (the last 3 days) experience with this gun that I would like to share.

I bought my two-tone 85 years ago new and have enjoyed putting more rounds than I can count through it because it has been the best pistol I have ever held in my hands. At 66 and a life-long shooter I have shot a lot of guns and my 85 is my favorite - there is no close second. Two years ago I had a thought of sending it off to David at Cajun and have it cajunized with the pro package but due to several factors waited until this last May to actually send it off. I got it back last Friday and after spending the next 3 days on the range and shooting every type of 9mm that I had on the shelf - brass factory, brass reloads, steel case, fmj, jhp and every combination. I had the expectation that it would handle everything with ease and it did. After the shooter (me) got used to 2-3/4 lb. SA trigger pull with a 1mm reset the groups I shot were the best I have ever achieved. The job the Cajun did for me was incredible and I look forward to weekly fun with a tool that is far superior to my skill set. Now I 'll work to rise to the level of the gun. Thanks CZ for making the best guns for putting food on the table, defensive carry and range fun.

To those of you wondering whether or not to upgrade with Cajun parts, or to send it in for their perfect upgrade, don't wait for two years like I did. I can't praise the work any higher.

I think I'm going for a RAMI with a defensive carry upgrade next. My Ruger LC9 just won't do any longer.
Time is a precious thing, use it wisely and in good humor.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: My 85 Combat rework
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:32:52 PM »
Smooth and accurate tend to "grow" on you.

Makes it harder to accept lesser tools, too.

I bought an old Pre B CZ 85 early last year, or was it late the year before?  Anyway, put some new parts in it, did some work on it and I liked it.  I liked it a lot.  I liked it so much I ended up converting a CZ 75 Compact to the same CZ 85 ambidextrous controls.  I really like the Pre B but it's a bit on the big side to carry concealed.  I do carry it in the winter when I'm working around the yard/garage/walking the dogs but that's open carry on a belt holster.  I carry the little converted compact in the summer (concealed) and some times on the belt where it's visible (but then only on the property/working in the garage/walking the dogs.)

Good luck with yours, I can tell you like it a lot.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:36:16 PM by M1A4ME »
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline schutz85C

Re: My 85 Combat rework
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 12:47:28 AM »
Great! Thanks for sharing. Definitely worth considering Cajun.
CZ 85 Combat, NRA Lifer.

anything