Author Topic: Preferred For CC  (Read 5380 times)

Offline Pierce

Preferred For CC
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:23:57 PM »
B or BD what is your preference and why?

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: Preferred For CC
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:46:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit about yourself. What would your preference be?
   It's really a personal choice. Some guys like cocked n locked, or the choice of hammer down, so that would be the B. Some don't want to manually lower the hammer on a live round, that would be the BD.

Then there's the ones in the middle that don't really care, and just use the one that jumps out at them. I'm one of those.
    My first CZ was a BD, so that's what I buy, have no use for a safety, so really, there's no other reason than that.
   Someday I'd like a SS, then I'll grab a B and never use the safety.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Pierce

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 02:37:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit about yourself. What would your preference be?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm an older guy looking for a CC pistol. Right now I'm not sure I have a preference one way or another.

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »
Welcome.  Glad to see you found this site and are interested in the RAMI!  I bought the BD and am not worried about the safety in the way that I carry.  My wife would not purse carry without a manual safety.  I've seen a couple of posts that say the BD model has a slightly better trigger.  The BD was also the only model that my LGS had-small town and not a lot of stock.

Offline Ruber

Preferred For CC
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »
Welcome!

As much as I like the RAMI, it is already not a svelte gun, the decocker shape and position really bug me.

So safety it is....

But I grew up on hi powers, so the safety seems natural to me.  :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:24:17 PM by Ruber »

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 04:01:28 PM »
I prefer hammer down so it's the BD for me.

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 12:31:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I have a BD because it was all I could get at the time. All my other pistols are 1911 style single action. Basically go with what you are most comfortable with.

Offline shaneb1

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 12:36:41 AM »
dont laugh but the cz 45 is a great little back up. And you can hide it anywhere,

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 12:56:28 PM »
^^^^^^
The OP is asking about the RAMI 2075 for CC, safety or decocker model.  Don't see where a CZ 45 fits into the discussion.

Offline JoeSig

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 01:00:30 PM »
Prefer the BD variant myself - I like not having a manual safety.

The decock thing is a discipline you have to train for [like training for anything gun related, need to work he muscle memory...].

I have a DA/SA Sig 239 - when doing the conceal carry practice at the local club, doing the decock is part of the regimen.

I'm sure there will be others that for good reason like the B version.

I'm just really glad I was able to acquire the 2075 in the 1st place - these things sell quickly and I sense the inventories when released are not like many of the other models. ;D

JoeSig

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 02:39:49 PM »
I also prefer the BD model I'm a old fat and have been shooting and carrying DA S&W revolvers for over 40 years. My 2075 Rami BD is my EDC 9mm pistol it has the CGW short reset system with the extended firing pin and the heavy hammer spring. The only problem I've had is a broken recoil spring and the front night died at about 200 rounds CZ fixed it at no cost to me.  At a little over 2000 rounds one of the dots on the rear sight died CZ will not answer my emails or phone calls. I'm very happy with the Rami and not so happy with customer service.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 05:06:08 AM »
I love my safety version Rami, but carry hammer down, no safety.  I like that the safety can't be activated when the hammer is down.  I also like the fact that there is no tritium to fade out before you know it.

I also like my PCR and it is a decocker.

Generally speaking, I love my CZs, some of of the best shooting guns available -- at least for me!

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »
I wish they would make an Omega.    I prefer hammer down but I can't stand the decocker position and shape on the metal "D" guns.   I like the decocker on my P-07.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline gculpable

• You are your own first responder
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 12:15:58 AM »
I really like the BD.  Carrying without a safety, but with a DA pull on the first shot makes me very comfortable.  I don't have to forget about disengaging a safety in a critical situation, yet have the safety of a longer and more deliberate pull on the first shot.  For me the RAMI is the perfect carry gun.  The grips is short to make concealment easy yet the weight makes it so easy to shoot accurately with quick follow up shots.  It is the only concealed carry gun that I've ever enjoyed shooting at the range.  I shot all the others to remain proficient with them but only for that reason.  I just love shooting the RAMI.
CZ 75BD
CZ 75BD Compact (not PCR)
CZ SP-01 Tactical
CZ P-01
CZ P-07
CZ P-09
CZ P-10c
CZ 2075 BD RAMI
Canik55 Stingray C

Offline Husky629

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »
I want a common feel/controls on my self-defense handguns if possible.  I carry or keep them all hammer down, so I have the SP-01 Tactical and RAMI BD.

anything