Author Topic: Preferred For CC  (Read 5379 times)

Offline benq

Re: Preferred For CC
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 01:14:37 PM »
I EDC the RAMI BD and all my CZs are of the decocker variant. Don't let the DA pull affect your decision. With quality trigger time, you can become proficient in it.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Offline BuckJm53

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 08:55:14 AM »
I intentionally purchased the safety version as all my carry pistols are carried "cocked and locked".
"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free" - Ronald Reagan
The Ohio Gun Owners Forum

Offline CZRex

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 04:52:51 PM »
Mine is the safety version and I'd prefer to have the BD, but I carry it in the half cocked position anyway.
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

Offline Man1nboat

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 12:40:15 AM »
Prefer the safety model. I lower the hammer with one in the chamber with no worries. I like the option to use the safety if desired but don't use it as often. I notice a smoother trigger with the non-decocker version but it could be me...

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 10:20:09 AM »
I also have the BD and would not trade it. It is in rotation with my PCR as my edc. My nightstand gun is a P-01 so all have a decocker...

Offline damo4570

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »
I also prefer the decocker. I've heard from a lot of gun instructors that people forget to turn off the safety a lot and it makes sense that, in an adrenaline filled environment, you may forget unless you've trained your muscle memory to do it so often that you don't even think about it. I probably don't train enough to qualify.  ;D

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »
I also prefer the decocker. I've heard from a lot of gun instructors that people forget to turn off the safety a lot and it makes sense that, in an adrenaline filled environment, you may forget unless you've trained your muscle memory to do it so often that you don't even think about it. I probably don't train enough to qualify.  ;D

Although generations have sworn by the cocked & locked 1911, to me it just introduces another complication to have to swipe off the safety and possibly screw up your grip while bringing the gun into play during the stress of SHTF situation. To me, it just seems much simpler, safer and faster in the long run to draw your weapon with the hammer down on a chambered round, acquire the target, put your finger on the trigger and squeeze off the first round, even if it is a somewhat longer DA pull on the first round, at least you've got one bullet down the pipe on its way to the target, with follow up shots fired single action. The simple equation is that, no matter what, you have to pull the trigger to make your pistol go bang, swiping off a safety just complicates the process, especially when the SHTF.

Even with a 1911 grip safety, drawing cocked and locked can be fraught with danger if you get discombobulated:

That's probably why the US Military recommended carrying the 1911 in Condition 3 - hammer down on an empty chamber with a full magazine, unless, I assume, you were actively engaged in combat. Condition 3 is how I carry my Sig 938 (when I have to be extra stealthy while carrying) because I'm not comfortable carrying single action in Condition 1. Just too many opportunities for the safety to get deactivated while I'm squirming around doing my daily routine, getting in and out of vehicles, etc. (and the 938 doesn't even have a grip safety). Of course, it means I'd have to chamber a round before bringing it into play when the SHTF, but that's just an extra measure of safety to keep me from shooting myself or an innocent bystander.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:54:39 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline ldryder

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 08:20:34 PM »
I prefer to carry a D because my other carry weapons are revolvers and I like the longer trigger travel when carrying. I like the feel of the trigger when the BD is decocked and really like the feel of subsequent shots.

A RAMI B with the hammer down puts the distance of the trigger a bit farther than I'm comfortable with.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
I prefer to carry a D because my other carry weapons are revolvers and I like the longer trigger travel when carrying. I like the feel of the trigger when the BD is decocked and really like the feel of subsequent shots.

A RAMI B with the hammer down puts the distance of the trigger a bit farther than I'm comfortable with.

Yep, actually the BD decocked with the hammer down on a chambered round is more or less in a "half cocked" position, which makes the transition from double to single action less drastic.

I wouldn't be crazy about carrying a cocked and locked safety model Rami, or having to decock the hammer by squeezing the trigger and physically releasing it by hand on a chambered round. Accidents will happen

Offline frogwalking

• Retired Engineer, Viet. Vet., (one of the 4%)
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »
Dad brought his 1911 home from WW II.  I grew up shooting it.  I later carried one in Vietnam  I have had a commander size 1911 for more years than I care to mention.  The main reason cocked and locked seems dangerous to many folks is that many autos are cocked, the hammer is just not visible.  Hitting the safety after drawing seems normal to me, and slows nothing down.  (I am already slow.)  I love the Rami safety model.

Offline mecenas

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »
That is exactly I installed C&S SFS system on my custom Colt New Agent. Now I carry my pistol with the hammer down on the loaded chamber. .It is very simple. You rack the slide then manually push the hammer down. It will stop just short of the slide while safety will automatically be pushed up. Now all you have to do is drop the safety, hammer automatically goes to full cock position and you are ready tu pull the trigger.
Pluses: carry a loaded pistol with a hammer down, all you need to do is release safety and you are ready to go. It does not affect the trigger pull although it can not be set any lower than 4lbs.
Great stuff !!! Cylinder and Slide has a video on how it works.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »
I can go either way with no problems. I do seem to like decockers better.
"1776" - Part II

Offline rb288

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »
I have been carrying my B for about 2 years now.
I wanted a safety because I do have other people in the house and I just feel safer with a safety.
When I am carrying, most of the time, I carry it half cocked anyway, so, it is actually acting like  BD unless I want to use the safety.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »
I, myself, prefer the safety. I do wish the safety would work in both cocked and unccked position . I like to carry loaded and unlocked.  Also, is it really much of a difference changing the firing pin assembly the the CGW.I or CZ custom offerings? Is the original really unreliable after all these years from CZ ?

Offline SlimChance

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 10:52:30 PM »
I like the BD because you can carry it safely with a round in the pipe and hammer half cocked. Then all you have to do is draw and fire. The trigger pull is not as long as when the hammer is fully down but much longer (safer) than fully cocked which you wouldn't want to do for carry but a great feature for subsequent shots. I do love the SA/DA feature and I've always generally preferred guns with hammers. I'm an old revolver guy from way back. Still have 'em, still love 'em. And I love my old 1911 which I still carry sometimes. Unless I'm carrying the 357. Or my darling little PPK. Aw heck, I'm no help at all!
-Slim