Author Topic: Considering the Sarsilmaz K2 .45 ACP  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Mr. Waverly

Considering the Sarsilmaz K2 .45 ACP
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »
I've read a lot of good reviews about the Sar K2, and the price-point looks attractive (only one mag, though), so I am considering picking one up.  Due to the size and weight, I really doubt this will become an EDC, so for the moment, I plan to use this as a range gun.  Maybe IDPA, just for fun, sometime down the road.

Can those of you who own or have fired a Sar K2 tell me your thoughts and experiences? 

Thanks.

(Mods, if this is in the wrong thread, please move as appropriate)

Offline mrrick

Re: Considering the Sarsilmaz K2 .45 ACP
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »
Although most have been very happy with theirs, I must have gotten a "lemon".  I have had nothing but trouble getting it to feed properly,. Changed mag springs, recoil springs, kept it scrupulously cleaned and lubed, but no joy.  Also the adjustment screw on the rear sight broke and can't get a replacement screw and will have to replace the complete sight.

Problem is, the importers seem to have changed and there's no source for replacement parts as far as I can tell.

I'm going to try a replacement for the extractor if the CZ97 extractor fits.  I really want to get this thing running reliably because it's beautiful piece and it is "death ray" accurate when it functions.

YMMV.

Offline John A.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
I love mine.

And I mean, it's my main HD grab.

I will say that I recommend purchasing +power magazine springs for a Para14 from wolffe gunsprings because the springs in mine didn't last no time flat.

Otherwise, I truly like my K245 and never plan to get rid of it.

EDIT:

I heard that Sarsilmaz is going to open an office in the USA and planned to do all of their importing and selling themselves, rather than letting other people be their importers, like they have done in the past.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:06:23 PM by John A. »
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline mrrick

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 10:45:07 PM »
John A:
That's good news.  Hopefully they'll stand behind their product and fix my K2.

Keep us updated please.

Thanks.

Offline win308

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 10:31:24 PM »
I got got a K2 and it's nice.... but it just doesn't "jazz" me like my (2) 1911's.  If I had no 45 of any kind the K2 would be a great first gun but once you get into the 1911, it's hard say anything else is better.....but there is a price diff to pay, I grant you.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 02:38:53 PM »
I've had my SAR K2-45 since May of 2013, now, and it primarily serves as a Range Toy, although it is capable of much more.
I find myself still trying to adapt to my SAR K2-45's Grip size, when shooting it, but I do enjoy shooting it, so it has stayed.
IMO, the SAR K2-45 is the most advanced DA/SA design in current manufacture.

That said, my all time favorite .45 ACP handgun has been, and probably always will be, the .45 EAA Witness. While .45 Witnesses only hold 10 rounds, their Grips are oh so comfortable.

From Left to Right
EAA Witness .45 (1992)
EAA Witness .45 (2004)
SAR K2-45 (2013)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 02:30:53 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Mr. Waverly

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »
Thanks for all the input.  I really would like to get a steel-framed Sar K2, but, right now, the decently priced ones are scarce.  CDNN and Tombstone Tactical had good prices (well below $400), but out of stock.  Oh, well.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 02:16:06 AM »
Thanks for all the input.  I really would like to get a steel-framed Sar K2, but, right now, the decently priced ones are scarce.  CDNN and Tombstone Tactical had good prices (well below $400), but out of stock.  Oh, well.

Since EAA has lost the Sarsilmaz line and TR Imports has picked them up, there may be a lag in supply.  EAA moved it's existing stock of Sarsilmaz Pistols out at low prices.  Newer Sarsilmaz Pistols that come in under TR Imports may be higher in price, but so far they've kept their prices low.

IF you can find one now under $400, grab it!  Even a little over $400 would still be great.  Prices will go up as supply decreases.
Buds Gun Shop and Grabagun are also out of them.

Judging from the prices on Gunbroker, the scalpers know this.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Wheeled and Well Armed

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 02:26:03 PM »
SAR K2 45 are great .45acp mine was used had a blue box and one magazine and nothing else. It was 400 and most others on GB are 500. The trigger is great, the extra magazines are 28 and also on GB and it is the only one that holds 14 rounds. What a soft shooter and accurate too.

The picture below is 7 yards strong left hand. I'm right handed quadriplegic who trains left and right strong hand. No stomach muscles so if i raise both hands, i will fall that direction. My left hand is estimated to be 90% as before and right hand is 75% strength. I need to push the sights ro the right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:34:55 PM by Wheeled and Well Armed »

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »
While i really like my K2 it has become a safe queen. Carrying 9mm and range 45 is a Kimber.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

A rubber band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

anything