Author Topic: CGW, the AMG of the firearms world  (Read 1813 times)

Offline KME

CGW, the AMG of the firearms world
« on: October 06, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »
My 97B returned from CGW yesterday. Looks the same but feels very different. I liked the 97 before I sent it to CGW but I did not love it. Shooting it in DA was difficult, it was accurate but it was not amazing, and the entire pistol felt a little rough.

With the new LOK grips and the Reach Reduction Kit (included in the "E" conversion), even with my small/medium hands, shooting the 97 in DA (7 lb pull) feels natural. The 1911 barrel bushing and the SA pull weight of 3 lb 2 oz, makes this gun ridiculously easy to shoot accurately. The new fully adjustable Dawson rear sight allows you to quickly pick up the target, a very nice and inexpensive upgrade.

My SP-01 with the Pro Package was my best shooting pistol, now it is my 2nd best shooting pistol. No written description can fully convey the difference in feel the "E" conversion imparts. For me, the "E" conversion is a very good value.

Offline Chelanace

• Trying to hit the broadside of a barn
Re: CGW, the AMG of the firearms world
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »
Just waiting for snow to fly and mine will be sent in for all these goodies in the E conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hoser

Offline RogerB

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 02:04:44 AM »
My 97B returned from CGW yesterday. Looks the same but feels very different. I liked the 97 before I sent it to CGW but I did not love it. Shooting it in DA was difficult, it was accurate but it was not amazing, and the entire pistol felt a little rough.

With the new LOK grips and the Reach Reduction Kit (included in the "E" conversion), even with my small/medium hands, shooting the 97 in DA (7 lb pull) feels natural. The 1911 barrel bushing and the SA pull weight of 3 lb 2 oz, makes this gun ridiculously easy to shoot accurately. The new fully adjustable Dawson rear sight allows you to quickly pick up the target, a very nice and inexpensive upgrade.

My SP-01 with the Pro Package was my best shooting pistol, now it is my 2nd best shooting pistol. No written description can fully convey the difference in feel the "E" conversion imparts. For me, the "E" conversion is a very good value.

What was the turn around time, to get your gun back?

Offline Camaro400

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 07:26:05 AM »
I just sent my CZ97B slide in for the 1911 style bushing work. I called CGW this week and they said for the E Conversion the turn around time would be a month before they even started working on it so I wouldn?t get it back until around December. However, they were very nice and they said they can do the slide work in 14-20 Days so I sent the slide in and had the pro package stuff sent to me to be done by my gunsmith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 12:03:01 PM »
I'm happy that you are enjoying your 97B"E" as much as I am mine.  Although I have certainly had some success and much enjoyment out of the polymer P-09, P-07, and P-10C pistols, I'm still a steel 75/97  steel gun guy, I'm afraid.   I have to do so much to the grip and trigger to get my hands to fit the polymer frames correctly that the guns look seriously defaced after I get them the way I want them.   They are downright ugly when I'm done.  The 75 and 97 don't need near as much work and are almost presentable when I'm done. 

Accuracy wise, CGW has found the secret, specifically for the CZ's.  Produce a tight barrel bushing that is still serviceable and 100% functional--10x for the 75 and "E" for the 97.  Eliminate the one area of slop (the factory bushing) in the barrel to slide fit that all steel 75/97 series pistols seem to have.   

What is amazing to me is that both of my P-09's without barrel bushings, but manufactured with modern tools, have excellent barrel to slide fit at a good price.  My P-09, P-07, 75B, and 97B are ALL excellent shooters, historically producing almost identical group sizes at 50-100-200 yards when using a small 3 moa red dot sight from a wrist rest.  I'll never buy a a custom 1911 for bullseye matches.  No reason to do so, as I have a "custom" CGW 97B"E" instead!    Not that there is anything wrong with 1911's, I have one.  I just no longer NEED one.  All I need is ammo and my health.   

Joe     
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline KME

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 07:22:57 PM »
What was the turn around time, to get your gun back?

They received it Aug 7, I got it back Oct 5. During that time CGW moved premises. When I sent my P-01 to them in January I think the turnaround was 4 weeks.

anything