Author Topic: Closest Cerakote Color to Factory  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Codifier

Closest Cerakote Color to Factory
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:32:17 PM »
Police trade 75 Compact's finish is worn through and it's time for a refinish, so off to be cerakoted it is.  I want a color/sheen as close to the original finish as possible.  Opinions?  Bonus if you've had it done yourself.
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
― Thomas Jefferson

Offline Morbid1X

Re: Closest Cerakote Color to Factory
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 03:43:07 PM »
I believe graphite black cerakote it the color you want it is a satin semi gloss. I don't know if it's an exact match but it's the closest option to it as far as I know

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 04:04:52 PM »
I think first response is correct. 

If you want a pro opinion, ask Will at Vulture Equipment.
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline Codifier

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 07:32:38 PM »
I went with the Graphite Black, was relatively sure that was the color, but had to be sure.  Thanks!
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
― Thomas Jefferson

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:53:10 PM »
I went with the Graphite Black, was relatively sure that was the color, but had to be sure.  Thanks!

Post pics when it?s done please.
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline Codifier

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »

I will be sure to do so, hopefully it is going to be glossy enough.  Was going to get new sights on it at the same time, but am holding off... one change at a time!  Meanwhile I will end up re-coloring the factory sights.
― Thomas Jefferson

Offline Codifier

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 10:20:30 PM »

Finished!  The smith added a bit of titanium cerakote into the graphite black to give it a bit of metallic shine, I really like it.  There was a few dings in the metal that show, but that can't be helped and I think it gives character.  The guy does great work, the pictures really don't do it justice.

― Thomas Jefferson