Author Topic: CZ-75B SA  (Read 3164 times)

Offline shellslinger

CZ-75B SA
« on: November 13, 2017, 11:07:45 PM »
Hey guys,

I was able to get my hands on a CZ-75B SA model this past weekend and was able to go to the range today. I brought out my Glock 22 and my new CZ. I was extremely impressed with its accuracy and recoil mitigation. The magazines are so much easier to load then my Glock magazines. I'm not the best pistol shooter so my groups suck. Anyways, I placed the targets out to 25 yards. Both guns have Tru-Glo TFX Night Sights on them. On the left is the Glock 22 and on the right is the first 15 rounds from the CZ.

I am really really impressed with this gun. I had a P-07 before and I just didn't like the gun but tried my luck again with this all steel model. I am in love with this gun.

Are there any mods you guys would recommend for this gun?
Also I'm planning on getting a safariland holster (level 2 or 3) for this, I keep hearing that Beretta holsters work this gun?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:12:18 PM by shellslinger »

Offline Morbid1X

Re: CZ-75B SA
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »
The 75 sa is an excellent pistol. Cgw race hammer and extended firing pin wouldn't hurt. Basically a defensive carry package or a pro package from cgw, will make a good gun amazing.

Offline seaswol

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 01:35:23 AM »
Those targets are identical to my now former Glock and my current three CZ's.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 05:53:17 AM »
I smile when I see targets like that.

My youngest son will take his P07 to the range when we go shooting.  However, he usually shoots a magazine through the P07,lays it down and then shoots his CZ 75 SA for the rest of the range session.  Prior to the P07, he would brag about his Beretta 90-Two.  His first group with the new P07 was better than what he was seeing from the Beretta.  His groups with the CZ 75 SA are so much better than the P07 he says he doesn't really enjoy shooting the P07 since he likes small groups, too.

Lots of aftermarket upgrade parts available for these pistols.  They only get better.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 08:16:02 AM »
At 25 yards, the target on the right are all hits. If you are a target shooter, some more practice will get you there. For defense, those are all good center mass hits.

CZ makes a good pistol, that works well out of the box. They don't spend time to "refine" them on the assembly line, but they sure do respond to work.

CGW has a host of nice items, and although I buy their parts, I never personally used their service. Many people here say nice things about them.

First decide exactly what you want the gun to do, as what role or roles will it play, then you can decide what work you would like.

The 75 can be a good target pistol, with a little love, but is perfectly suited, out of the box, to be a service or defense arm. The SA uses a similar manual of arms to a 1911, so it can be carried cocked and locked.

I am glad you like your SA. I like DA/SA guns a bit more, but the SA give the nicer frame, with the more pronounced beavertail.

Good purchase. Enjoy!!!

Rich

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 02:35:34 PM »
Does your SA have a polymer trigger or is is an aluminum trigger? I was gifted a polymer trigger and while it worked OK, I could feel some flex in it. The aluminum trigger has adjustments for both over travel and take up, so I went with that and like it a lot better.

As has been mentioned, the CGW race hammer is suggested. It will do the most for the trigger.
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline shellslinger

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
Does your SA have a polymer trigger or is is an aluminum trigger? I was gifted a polymer trigger and while it worked OK, I could feel some flex in it. The aluminum trigger has adjustments for both over travel and take up, so I went with that and like it a lot better.

As has been mentioned, the CGW race hammer is suggested. It will do the most for the trigger.

I got the aluminum trigger, the trigger feels great.

Definitely going to be looking into a CGW race hammer and possibly extended firing pin.

Just added VZ grips on it today.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:32:19 PM by shellslinger »

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 10:15:59 AM »
Those grips look good. I just got some LOK thin grips(grey) and I really like them (but I prefer thin grips).
If you havent already, take notice of the downward camming of the hammer when you are pulling the trigger. With the race hammer installed this is minimized substantially and provides very little creep and nice break.
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline TonyB

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »
Long story short; A few months ago I came across a NOS 75-TS, thought about it for a week or so and went back and it was still there, the owner is a long time acquaintance of mine, he used to do gun shows but quit that to keep his store open, anyway he had bought it for a customer and the customer never came back ... he had it in his safe for over 10 years and decided it was time to put it up for sale.

Anyway ... that gun made me wonder what a regular 75 was like ... I'm really not a fan of the DA/SA and when I was perusing GunBroker I came across a nice 75B SA ... the auction ended while I was out of town but I bid my max ... If the bidder that was running up my bid had bid just another $1.53 he would have taken it away from me ... as it was I had a nice surprise when I got home and a week later I picked it up.  I haven't gotten out to shoot it but the trigger is about 4-5 lb's and a bit bit gritty but its like new, I'd guess it hasn't has 100 rounds through it yet ... but by next week it will. 
I'm not sure what was supposed to be in the rectangular cut-out on the left, but upon inspection, part of a 9mm tray fit there perfectly with 16 rounds.
Are there  factory wood stocks available for it?

Offline shellslinger

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 03:14:34 AM »
I haven't gotten out to shoot it but the trigger is about 4-5 lb's and a bit bit gritty but its like new, I'd guess it hasn't has 100 rounds through it yet ... but by next week it will. 
I'm not sure what was supposed to be in the rectangular cut-out on the left, but upon inspection, part of a 9mm tray fit there perfectly with 16 rounds.
Are there  factory wood stocks available for it?

Mine was a little gritty but after 200 rounds its really smooth. You'll end up loving this gun! I'm hoping to make it my duty gun some day.

Offline TonyB

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 01:39:06 PM »
Mine was a little gritty but after 200 rounds its really smooth. You'll end up loving this gun! I'm hoping to make it my duty gun some day.
Mine was a bit gritty too, it was allegedly "used'' when I bought it, but it looked unfired ... I was thinking about pulling it apart and do some polishing on the trigger and sear but I pulled the slide off one night while watching TV and, I guess you could say I "dry-fired" it using my thumb as to stop the hammer from hitting the frame ... I did this for about an hour or maybe a little longer and as you said it smoothed out considerably, it was probably 200-300 trigger pulls ... now if the reset was just a bit shorter!

Offline shellslinger

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 07:15:51 PM »
Mine was a bit gritty too, it was allegedly "used'' when I bought it, but it looked unfired ... I was thinking about pulling it apart and do some polishing on the trigger and sear but I pulled the slide off one night while watching TV and, I guess you could say I "dry-fired" it using my thumb as to stop the hammer from hitting the frame ... I did this for about an hour or maybe a little longer and as you said it smoothed out considerably, it was probably 200-300 trigger pulls ... now if the reset was just a bit shorter!

Great to hear that! Yeah I agree the reset is a little longer than I would like but I would gladly take this over my duty Glock any day :D

A side note, I purchased a Safariland holster for a Beretta 92FS to see if it fits. By all accounts it should but wont know until it gets here later tonight.

Offline Bwanag

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 08:05:44 PM »
My CZ 75B SA is my favorite CZ and I have a few. I totally Cajunized and polished it. It's my go to gun for IDPA. Enjoy!

Offline flying

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 11:20:48 PM »
Congrats the 75BSA is a nice pistol

I actually have never shot ours.
I bought it for my wife a few years ago & it is sitting brand new in the safe.

We got busy & gave up target shooting for awhile.
When we wanted to restart the ranges have closed including the indoor range.  :-[

Offline Beamy85

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
guys who own a 75B and a 75B SA how does do the triggers compare in single action?

I own a 75B and have kicked around buying a SA to go with it for a few years
2009 CZ 452 Training Rifle .22LR
2010 CZ 75B 9mm
2012 Czechpoint VZ-58 7.62x39mm
2015 CZ 527 Carbine .223
2015 CZ P-09 9mm
2017 CZ P-07 9mm