Author Topic: New RAMI BD 2 weeks ago- Front tritium sight is already dead.  (Read 1891 times)

Offline congaree

New RAMI BD 2 weeks ago- Front tritium sight is already dead.
« on: November 19, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »
I've been reading through this forum and it has a great deal of great nfo...one thing I noticed reading through the topics is a seeming recurring issue with the Meprolight front nightsights that come with the BD.  Well, after 300 rounds through the gun, my front sight is dead as well.  I've read here in the forums that CZ takes care of that problem quickly and efficiently, but I do have one question for anybody who has already gotten a front sight replacement by CZ.  Do the replacements last or do they die as quickly as the first one did?  Night sights aren't critical to me (though I would prefer they work if I have them), so I'm not sure if it's worth it to have the front sight replaced just to have it die again within another 300 rounds.  Any thoughts?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: New RAMI BD 2 weeks ago- Front tritium sight is already dead.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »
I think I'm past one year now on my P01, since CZ USA replaced the front sight for me.

Put the "e" on the end of "on" to make it a "one".

These days I don't know if it's me, or the keyboard on this old laptop.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:44:52 AM by M1A4ME »
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline congaree

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
I think I'm past on year now on my P01, since CZ USA replaced the front sight for me.

That makes me feel better about sending it then.  Thanks for the response!

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 08:40:56 PM »
The Mepros on my 2014 RAMI BD still glow just fine and this pistol has had a good number of rounds fired. (Bought used in 2015, I've fired more than 500 rounds myself and it is very popular when I run CZ demos)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline congaree

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »
The Mepros on my 2014 RAMI BD still glow just fine and this pistol has had a good number of rounds fired. (Bought used in 2015, I've fired more than 500 rounds myself and it is very popular when I run CZ demos)

Hopefully the replacement CZ installs will be like yours.   Though it looks like I'm putting rounds through mine quicker....I've already notched 300 in 2 weeks.  I shoot a lot and I love the way this little thing shoots.  It's going to get a high round count fast  ;)

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 11:52:12 AM »
The same thing happened to mine the fine people at CZ had me send the slide back on their dime. Turn around time was fast about a week that was 6 months ago and still working.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 12:19:14 PM »
Typical Meprolite quality control.  :o

Offline congaree

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »
Well, FedEx mailing label is on the way....CZ is handling it.  Hopefully Meprolight is aware of the issue and tightening the quality on their sights.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 11:34:35 PM »
Well, FedEx mailing label is on the way....CZ is handling it.  Hopefully Meprolight is aware of the issue and tightening the quality on their sights.

Nah, Meprolite has been bleepty for years: tritium inserts going dead, super soft metal sight bases, etc. They have no incentive to improve, since they supply SIG with all their night sights and making money hand over fist.

The good news is that the Rami front sight dovetail is a standard Novak cut, so you can use any Novak compatible front sights that zero your target.

The rear sight is a little more difficult. You can use a standard CZ75 Trijicon rear sight, but it will shorten the sight radius slightly, and the step down on the rear of the Rami frame will show.

Offline congaree

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »
Just to book a book end on this story...CZ sent the slide back within 1 week of receiving it with a new tritium front site.  Hopefully, that's the end of it.  I will say that my interaction with their customer service department was as expected...first rate.  No complaints there at all.

Offline flphotog

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »
I think I'm past one year now on my P01, since CZ USA replaced the front sight for me.

Mine arrive with the front sight DOA and CZ would not replace it until I returned the old one so it was something like a two week process, was not happy with CZ about it. As it turned out I really don't like the Rami so I rarely carry it. I love all of my other CZ's but have no love for the Rami.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 04:06:20 AM »

Mine arrive with the front sight DOA and CZ would not replace it until I returned the old one so it was something like a two week process, was not happy with CZ about it. As it turned out I really don't like the Rami so I rarely carry it. I love all of my other CZ's but have no love for the Rami.

Well, at least don't blame the usual deficiencies of Meprolite sights on the Rami, or CZ's indolence in putting better night sights on them. Ramis really should come with a Novak rear sight dovetail so they can take advantage of the plethora of  available Novak style sights. The front sight of the Rami is already a Novak cut, which is a positive.

Most people who try the Rami love it. I'm sure someone would snap it up in a heartbeat if you put it up for sale. Rami BDs are hard to come by..
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 04:11:24 AM by MeatAxe »

anything