Author Topic: *** Bren-ACR Stock adapter 3rd run ***  (Read 4925 times)

Offline iwantmym16

*** Bren-ACR Stock adapter 3rd run ***
« on: November 26, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »
Trying to get another 20 commitments so Richard can do a new run.  Please go over to FB "CZ 805 Bren Owners" group and indicate your interest.
I started a thread called "Semi-Official Lucky Irishman Firearms Bren-ACR Adapter Commitment List (3rd run)"

Offline TonyB

Re: *** Bren-ACR Stock adapter 3rd run ***
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 10:20:21 PM »
Is this the same as the Missippissi Auto Arms? If so, I've been on your waiting list for a while ... And I'm still waiting, so I'm definately interested

Offline iwantmym16

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 10:26:25 PM »
This is not the MAA version - it is the BETTER (IMO) Lucky Irishman version

Offline kilyung

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »
Are there close up pictures showing the differences between the adapters?

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »
I would like to know the differences as well. Why are these such a ?limited? run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline iwantmym16

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »
There aren't any direct photo comparisons but check out the FB thread as well as Lucky Irishman's website and MAA's website.  I have no affiliation with either company but just got into the 805 and found photos of 805s with ACRs mounted and... here we are.  Richard has been incredibly responsive and helpful - this is a small market segment and he does these as limited runs - I am grateful he is even willing to do this run for us.

Offline IndyIN

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »
I would like to know the differences as well. Why are these such a ?limited? run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the limited run question, I think he just is not interested in carrying an inventory/having his money sunk in them. 

Realistically, this is a limited market type of item.  I think he needs 20 to make a production run, and has been stuck with extras for a few months in the past. 

Offline TURRICAN

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 10:06:02 PM »
For those wanting to know the difference between the two stock just google MAA or Sandline ACR adapter and you will see people complaining about them. ONe guy even posted a YouTube video detailing some of the issues with his.
Lucky Irishman on the other hand has nothing but good reviews that I can find. Everyone seems to be very happy with the Lucky Irishman adapters making them the more desirable option by a long shot.
I'm already signed up on the Bren page for my adapter. I missed the other runs and was just about to give up and saw the announcement. I also appreciate that the manufacturer is very responsive and helpful and generally seems like a good guy.

Offline das boots

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 11:25:35 PM »
I had and have both MAA and the Lucky Irishman.  Sold the MAA.  Retained the Lucky.  Better constructed.  Cleaner. 

I have photos of both as comparison.  How the heck do I post photos?  No Photobuckets, please.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - 2nd Amendment

Offline Thesniper101

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 01:26:54 AM »
Just joined the forum so I could get in on the stock adapter, the cz 805 bren profile on fb is locked so I can?t put myself on the list to buy, is there anything I can do here to say that I will buy one if he does a 3rd run?

Offline iwantmym16

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 01:46:45 AM »
I will add you to the list pending your approval into the group

Offline Thesniper101

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 02:19:04 AM »
I appreciate it, I?ve been waiting for a adapter since I got my 805

Offline Thesniper101

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 01:54:33 PM »
Not sure if my Facebook is having issues or my request to join the group keeps getting turned down but whenever I hit ?join group? a few hours later when I check it will prompt me to join group again as if my request was denied. Fb name is James deann

Offline iwantmym16

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 10:20:10 PM »
See PM

Offline ArtieTheOneManParty

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 11:03:32 AM »
Not sure if my Facebook is having issues or my request to join the group keeps getting turned down but whenever I hit ?join group? a few hours later when I check it will prompt me to join group again as if my request was denied. Fb name is James deann
I had the same problem with the facebook group