Author Topic: IDPA gun  (Read 6727 times)

Offline QuarterHorse

IDPA gun
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:22:20 PM »
I e read and searched and typed out this post and deleted and searched some more and am working on bald spots now from tearing hair out haha. I'll ask the question to see what the experts on CZ say.
After shooting a Shadow 2 I fell in love and decided I must have a few that shoot like it. I plan on a USPSA gun and IDPA gun and a carry gun in a 75 platform now. It's crazy I know but loved that S2!
If you could pick a gun to run both games listed above and leave out the carry option for now what gun would you go with out of the custom shop or other?
I know the local clubs will let me run a S2 but would honepjust like to be compliant. Modded gun options are fine with me as long as they fit a mold, I don't care about what class.
Thanks all!

Offline speedseeker

Re: IDPA gun
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:26 PM »
I e read and searched and typed out this post and deleted and searched some more and am working on bald spots now from tearing hair out haha. I'll ask the question to see what the experts on CZ say.
After shooting a Shadow 2 I fell in love and decided I must have a few that shoot like it. I plan on a USPSA gun and IDPA gun and a carry gun in a 75 platform now. It's crazy I know but loved that S2!
If you could pick a gun to run both games listed above and leave out the carry option for now what gun would you go with out of the custom shop or other?
I know the local clubs will let me run a S2 but would honepjust like to be compliant. Modded gun options are fine with me as long as they fit a mold, I don't care about what class.
Thanks all!

75 SP01 Shadow Custom with 8.5 Cajun Hammer Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:53:26 PM »
I bounce around between the divisions in USPSA.  Back when I was shooting Production division I had two 75 Shadows, both from CZC.  My primary was a SP-01 Shadow and the backup was a 75 Shadow (short dust cover).  Both had the hammer and trigger upgrades.  The SP-01 had the slide milled for a LPA adjustable rear sight and that was right before IDPA made that an illegal mod for SSP (and being illegal for SSP that made it illegal for ESP due to the FLDC).  So I used (and carried) the short dustcover 75 Shadow as my IDPA gun.

I?ve since sold the SP-01 but kept the 75 Shadow.  If I was serious about getting back into Production I?d probably be giving the S2 a serious look and see what CZC or CGW can do to it. I don?t really shoot IDPA anymore but if/when I do I?d probably be using whatever carry gun was in the rotation at the time with carry gear.  #lifeistooshortforonegun

Offline steel

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:37:46 PM »
I rarely shoot USPSA any more.  I shoot a CZC Shadow T and a 75B stainless converted to SAO by CZC in IDPA ESP.  Also shoot a CZC Compact L in IDPA CCP.  The Compact L also serves as my EDC.  I have been very happy with the accuracy, reliability, and durability of all three guns.

wags68

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 08:56:49 AM »
I used to shoot both IDPA and USPSA and used a Cajunized SP-01, worked VERY well.  I have since switched to USPSA only and now used a TS .40 for Limited Major.  The TS may be allowed in IDPA ESP, but not sure about that.

Offline QuarterHorse

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
Thanks for all of the ideas. I like the extended dust cover and thought heavily about a Shadow. I'll call up the Cajun and see what he has and bend some ears there too.

Thanks again all!

Offline pacman59

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 01:03:06 PM »
I shoot a cajunized SP01 in IDPA - the rules changed so that you can shoot the full length dust cover in ESP classification and, I believe, SSP classification. When I shoot production in USPSA, it's the same gun - 75 SP01. I've also got a 75 semi-compact and a 75 compact that I'll use next season in IDPA ccp class - both have been cajunized as well.

Enjoy!

Offline QuarterHorse

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 08:26:30 PM »
I greatly appreciate all of the replies.  Let's throw this out there.  Would you order an Accushadow as now it appears from what I can tell they are IDPA legal?  Is it worth the extra $$$ or would I be better off getting a CZC Shadow or just order one from CJW? 

I know this is a hard question and both vendors seem to have great customer service and products.  I wouldn't feel right not asking though.  :)

Thanks again

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 09:40:08 PM »
An accu-shadow is what I shoot in IDPA.
It is only legal in ESP (not legal in SSP)

Offline jakjakman

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 10:11:57 AM »
I shot a Shadow Tac II in IDPA and really liked it. Great trigger and very accurate. Easy to shoot fast.

Offline noway

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 06:43:46 AM »
I worked over my Canik S-120 just for the practice, but it's become quite the shooter now, smooth as butter and far more accurate than the one pressing the trigger...

All CGW springs and pins, but otherwise stock.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
For IDPA SSP and USPSA Production, an SP-01 Tactical with Cajun Prod. Legal kit and 85C trigger.  I use my SAO-converted Shadow 2 and TS Blue for USPSA Limited minor.

Offline Raven45

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 08:08:13 PM »
Currently I own two CZ Custom Shadows.  One has a fixed rear sight and the other has an adjustable rear sight.  Otherwise they are identical.  I shoot them in IDPA SSP primarily, but sometimes in ESP.

I also shoot local steel matches that are 99% based on USPSA rules.  Shoot them mostly in Production, but sometimes in Limited (there are no major/minor classes in these matches).

Carry gun is a CZ Custom CZ 75D Compact Pro-Tek .

Offline inthecloud

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 10:07:06 PM »
I have won matches with the Sphinx SDP and the P07 in CCP, tomorrow morning I am going to give the P10 a chance.

If I don?t fumble reloads (I am not used to the stiff mag release button) I should be in a good place.

CCP is a fun division, it?s really what IDPA should be.

Offline LukeB

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 07:35:18 AM »
I shot IDPA CCP with my PO7 for 2 years and did really well at the club level. I just switched to a 75 SA and have moved into ESP. Other than a F/O front sight and a Blacked out rear sight I haven't done any upgrades yet. I've got it paired with a Bladetech OWB holster. I would like a shadow but couldn't justify the cost. I think for a stock CZ, IDPA ESP gun, the SA is a great choice. Not counting PCC shooters I won the first club match I shot with it. I love it!