Author Topic: GAO Agents Unsuccessful in Illegally Buying Guns Online  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Ross7

GAO Agents Unsuccessful in Illegally Buying Guns Online
« on: January 06, 2018, 06:41:24 PM »
Zero outta 72 attempts. What's up next, the gun show "loophole"?  ::)

An investigation requested by two fierce anti-gun members of Congress to determine if firearms are purchased illegally from internet dealers has come up empty.

?Our covert testing involving GAO agents attempting to purchase firearms illegally on the Surface Web were unsuccessful. Specifically, private sellers on gun forums and in classified ads were unwilling to sell a firearm to our agents that self-identified as being prohibited from possessing a firearm.? Most of the sellers refused to complete a transaction once the undercover investigator revealed either a shipping address across state lines or a prohibition by law from owning firearms. Five of the vendors went so far as to freeze the undercover GAO accounts, preventing agents from using forums and attempting to make a purchase.

Covert Operation Requested by Anti-Gun Dems to Bust Illegal Internet Sales Comes up Empty

Offline Sacred-Avenger

Re: GAO Agents Unsuccessful in Illegally Buying Guns Online
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 07:05:55 PM »
That?s pretty awesome, thanks for sharing this.

Offline tekarra

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 03:30:45 PM »
Good on the gun owners, but why is the government attempting to trap people?

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:00:08 PM »
This is good news. Libs are always trying to close what they perceive to be private sale loopholes. This puts their online sale argument to rest.

I was surprised at the number of folks that tried to rip them off, though:

Eleven sellers attempted to scam the investigators after finding out they were prohibited from buying firearms with two successfully obtaining money from investigators but never sending the promised firearm

I've always found most gun owners to generally be good, honest people.
When the knock on the door said “Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms,” naturally I thought it was a delivery…

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 02:15:52 PM »
I hate thieves but they almost deserved to be ripped off......
They weren't happy setting up fast and furious folks ........now they tried to set up honest red blooded citizens.
That's low down

Lib losers
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 06:04:05 PM »
Gee, too bad. Honest people don't get entrapped again.   8) ;D Good job.

Offline jakjakman

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 11:12:27 AM »
Upsetting that they take the time to put together a sting operation like this instead of looking into Fast and Furious. In that case the ATF was literally forging paperwork from a legitimate FFL dealer to run their guns.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 11:59:28 PM »
That story is still under review, though I doubt we will see any closure there. At least in this case, good honest people smelled the rats and flushed them.

Offline armabill

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 12:43:39 PM »
If they were trying to buy guns illegally, why weren't they prosecuted for violating the law?

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 02:44:15 PM »
If they were trying to buy guns illegally, why weren't they prosecuted for violating the law?
    Umm, because they are the law?
    That makes as much sense as saying an undercover cop buying drugs in a sting, should be prosecuted for buying drugs.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline captainspaulding

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 05:14:07 PM »
good share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 07:07:08 PM »
    Umm, because they are the law?
    That makes as much sense as saying an undercover cop buying drugs in a sting, should be prosecuted for buying drugs.

This is a double edged sword so to speak. The under cover cop running a sting on drug dealers is a very far cry from these political hacks running a gun buy operation which is clearly intended to cast aspersions on law abiding gun owners.

Offline cntrydawwwg

GAO Agents Unsuccessful in Illegally Buying Guns Online
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »

This is a double edged sword so to speak. The under cover cop running a sting on drug dealers is a very far cry from these political hacks running a gun buy operation which is clearly intended to cast aspersions on law abiding gun owners.
  I see what you?re saying, my analogy may not have been the best. The point I was trying to make is that right or wrong, the investigators were simply doing as instructed by higher ups in the government, which apparently makes it legal. 

Simply it was a fishing expedition that failed miserably. Thankfully it did, otherwise even more politicians that can?t think for themselves would be screaming for more mandatory background checks.

One thing that really ticks me off, is how many more fishing trips the American people are going to have to pay for. That?s what should be criminal.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 04:53:09 AM »

I see what you?re saying, my analogy may not have been the best. The point I was trying to make is that right or wrong, the investigators were simply doing as instructed by higher ups in the government, which apparently makes it legal. 

Simply it was a fishing expedition that failed miserably. Thankfully it did, otherwise even more politicians that can?t think for themselves would be screaming for more mandatory background checks.

One thing that really ticks me off, is how many more fishing trips the American people are going to have to pay for. That?s what should be criminal.

No arguments here. I wish they'd spend the time and effort on what's really important like getting this country back on the straight and narrow and not trying to marginalize millions of law abiding productive Americans who have done nothing wrong. Sadly I'm sure there will be more fishing trips.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 09:06:30 AM »
If they did that they would be doing their job, most politicians don't do their jobs. they create more work for themselves and try to prove their pet point as correct.
this is something that should make everyone in this country very upset. But it would have to get legs in the press, and Trump would have had to initiate it. Neither is the case here.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country