Author Topic: Safety question - P07/P09  (Read 824 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Safety question - P07/P09
« on: January 24, 2018, 06:13:07 PM »
Someone on arfcom was questioning how the safety works on his P07.

He said the only way he could load the pistol from the magazine was to leave the safety in the FIRE position, pull the slide to the rear and then release it.  He was uncomfortable not being able to move the safety lever to the SAFE position to do this.

I checked my P07 and I can move the safety to the SAFE position and rack the slide to the rear with a magazine in the gun to chamber a round.

However, I checked both my P09's and neither one will do that.  The P09's cannot be put on SAFE with the slide to the rear and if the slide forward and you put the safety lever in SAFE the slide cannot be pulled to the rear.

Anyone else notice their P07, or P09, operating like my P07 does?  Or is mine "different?"

I know the safety works, I check it regularly.  Every time I load it (after cleaning) I put my finger in front of the hammer and squeeze the trigger with the safety on, to see if the hammer moves/drops.  It never has.

Just curious is it's a part fitting thing (not how someone fitted them but just how the stock parts fit/work together) or if it's a sign of a problem that just hasn't cropped up yet.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Safety question - P07/P09
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:55:41 PM »
Interesting. I have the decocker installed on my P-07 so I guess this issue would be moot for me. I'd give CZ-USA or CGW a call and run this scenario by them and get their opinion on it.

Offline fatboy

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:06:28 PM »
Someone on arfcom was questioning how the safety works on his P07.

He said the only way he could load the pistol from the magazine was to leave the safety in the FIRE position, pull the slide to the rear and then release it.  He was uncomfortable not being able to move the safety lever to the SAFE position to do this.

I checked my P07 and I can move the safety to the SAFE position and rack the slide to the rear with a magazine in the gun to chamber a round.

However, I checked both my P09's and neither one will do that.  The P09's cannot be put on SAFE with the slide to the rear and if the slide forward and you put the safety lever in SAFE the slide cannot be pulled to the rear.

Anyone else notice their P07, or P09, operating like my P07 does?  Or is mine "different?"

I know the safety works, I check it regularly.  Every time I load it (after cleaning) I put my finger in front of the hammer and squeeze the trigger with the safety on, to see if the hammer moves/drops.  It never has.

Just curious is it's a part fitting thing (not how someone fitted them but just how the stock parts fit/work together) or if it's a sign of a problem that just hasn't cropped up yet.

Whatever it is, I want mine to be "different" too ;)
25, with 35 years experience

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 06:21:52 AM »
Early morning "ah ha".  My P07 is the older DUTY model.  Don't know if that's what's different or not, but it's the older/discontinued model.  If this is a difference between the DUTY guns and the later guns then it's one we don't usually list/mention we someone asks about the differences between the two models.

The guy on arfcom said he called CZ USA and they told him the safety should lock the slide/not be able to put on SAFE with the slide back.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline K31Scout

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 06:29:33 AM »

The guy on arfcom said he called CZ USA and they told him the safety should lock the slide/not be able to put on SAFE with the slide back.

Like my 1911.
CZ 75 SP-01
CZ P-07
CZ P-09

Offline dcxiv

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 09:35:09 PM »
Hi anybody selling P07 duty decocker? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 08:01:49 PM »
I run my P07 and P09 with the de-cocker, so I can't help answer this. However, on my 75B Omega (non-converable), I can't rack the slide with the safety on. I do not really think this is an issue. Just know your un and how it works. The 1911 works the same way and it has done fine for many years.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 08:31:14 PM »

Like my 1911.

My thought as well. That's no different than a 1911. Nothing inherently 'unsafe' about that, as long as you don't pull the trigger before you put the safety on.

anything